ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Miss Jennifer, for this reminder that X's father said she had "bruises, torn by the knife". Wondering if anyone with medical/forensic experience knows how long it would take for bruises to form (in minimum to maximum range of minutes), and if bruises could/would form if there were contusions made just before and after someone is deceased. This information could inform the extent (in minutes, approximately) of X's interaction with the killer(s).
I majored in forensic biology in college but I’m not currently in the field so my anas/physiology is a little rusty and of course this is all MOO. Bruises can form immediately if the injury is substantial. I imagine a stab with a lot of force used would qualify.

However, once blood flow stops, bruises will no longer occur. Any bruising that had started prior to death would also cease in progression.

I’d also note that bruising should not be confused with livor mortis, which is the pooling of blood in the body after one dies. This is why I was a bit put off in the last thread at the fact the coroner didn’t examine the bodies until well after 5pm that afternoon. She is more qualified that me to speak on their injuries but it is not impossible that bruising was mistaken for liver mortis since so much time had passed between time of death and her inspecting the bodies, depending on how the bodies were placed/left.

Here’s a link about livor mortis, in laymen’s terms. I had to brush up before my post - graduated almost 20 years ago. ;)

All MOO

Edited for grammar.

Wasn’t X’s bedroom directly above one of the survivors bedrooms?

No, the house is built on the slope, so the second floor sits directly on the ground.

idaho-murders-006.jpg

Floor plans reveal layout of house where killer knifed University of Idaho students to death: report

I disagree. They were interested enough to specify Ethan's and Xana's whereabouts in their timeline including 8-9 at the Sigma Chi party and back home at 1:45. Leaving a gaping 4 hours and 45 minutes.unaccounted for.
moscow-map.jpg
Why aren't any reporters asking that question during press conferences???

I Would almost bet The Farm(don’t actually Have One) That LE Has at least 1 poi maybe several, think about it, If they’re looking at possible suspects They’re not going to say, I know it’s being dishonest To public but, the POI (S) May not even know They’re being watched by LE, Also if they were to say they had a POI with this massacre getting so much publicity Rumors would run rampant innocent people might be called out, And I’m thinking LE And FBI are pretty Angry that some information has already leaked out, compromising Their Investigation, I Still Think An arrest will Be sooner than later… Gow can you savagely Murder 4 people With todays Technology ( criminal technology) And get away with It… JMO

I feel like this too because of the no immediate threat to the community and they have this person under surveillance right now. Just waiting to pounce and build up a case against them.

I don't think they want to get into the details of on the 911 call is why he was being dismissive
i understand that. i mean more so with the sequence of how he was saying the things. it was like
1. we got a call for unconscious female. person.
2. we addressed that issue <- makes me lean towards it being a surviving vic which is why it felt dismissive
3. we found 2 people on the 2nd floor and 2 on the 3rd floor

Whilst I remain positive I genuinely do think they are struggling with a lead.

It’s not just the constant reiteration of having no suspects or POI’s. They are still also asking for quite generic information and we have not seen any evidence of other scenes of investigation around Moscow which Id expect If they even had a few tenuous avenues they were exploring.

Things could change fast but over two weeks in, with approximately 45 full time investigators working 24/7 on the case, it does suggest that any of the typical paths to a suspect - Victims relationships, digital footprints, technology, CCTV etc… have yielded very little if not nothing. Still plausible it will be cracked but some of those areas are so pivotal to solving a case in the modern age and I can’t help but think they would have been zeroing in now with the resources and time they have if the perpetrator had made any mistakes.

I know little about Greek life except from my college experience at UT Austin many many years ago. Each fraternity and sorority had a reputation. Tri Delta for example, in my opinion, tended to be affluent girls. Does anyone know the reps of the sororities the victims belonged to? Feel free to pm me if you think it violates TOS. I'd like to know what the typical member might be like. This whole incel/Stacy thing is new to me. Never heard of it.

MOO but the theory/explanation floating around about the "unresponsive female" directly contradicts every piece of information LE has released about the circumstances of the 911 call so I take it with a massive grain of salt MOO
MOO but the theory/explanation floating around about the "unresponsive female" directly contradicts every piece of information LE has released about the circumstances of the 911 call so I take it with a massive grain of salt MOO
Fair enough. I just don’t think, albeit extremely traumatic for them, who/where the survivors realised there had been a crime is relevant to solving who did it and why.

This is my best effort at a transcription of the video:

“911 call came in for an unresponsive female, an unresponsive person. And so when officers arrived they addressed that issue and then as well two additional people were found.”

(Video is spliced here)

“Two individuals were found on the second floor and two individuals were found on the third floor.”

My comment, it appears the unconscious female (person) was not one of the murdered victims but one of the roommates. Otherwise, why would it seem somewhat dismissive that the police "addressed that issue" and then "two additional people were found. After the spliced video, clarity about where the bodies were found. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆