ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO - somewhere right now the perp has a wife, girlfriend, mother, buddy or someone that is close to them that is suspicious. They are probably thinking they are crazy - BUT she knows he was out that night, has cuts/scratches, is acting different, etc. Need them to be courageous and report their suspicions to police.

That's interesting. I was thinking possibly somebody living in one of the trailers near w palouse river drive. <modsnip> He drives his car with a bike on the back to that parking area all the way south of the botanical gardens. Then he would take the bike and ride it up the path, leave it somewhere and walk the rest of the way. Seems like a stretch but that did cross my mind.

The possibilities are endless. I still think it's somebody living near that house though.
Every post I make is from the thinking this was a killing done by 2 people who are certainly serial killers, but also holier than thou (in their mind). I think one of the perps hate women, the other follows along. I think they make an adventure of it and celebrate afterwards. So they hike through the woods, with their masks, gloves, knives and camo. This celebration would not involve alcohol or drugs. In this scenario the 2 assailants could certainly have the same exact knives.
This is where they could enter:

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO - somewhere right now the perp has a wife, girlfriend, mother, buddy or someone that is close to them that is suspicious. They are probably thinking they are crazy - BUT she knows he was out that night, has cuts/scratches, is acting different, etc. Need them to be courageous and report their suspicions to police.
I truly believe it’s going to take something like that to close the case. Seems like LE is lost

Exactly. We can't generalize dog behavior and reactions or lack thereof. And this was a puppy. Murphy is a nine month old...Goldendoodle (?). Still a baby.
He was a major wild card for the killer who really wouldn't have been able to generalize about what a nine month old Goldendoodle might do either. It's one thing to think you can get the jump on a sleeping girl, but wide awake, curious dog.....HUGE RISK for someone who wants to commit a terror-inducing, high profile crime and not get caught by leaving your DNA at the scene.

When Ted Buddy was on his spree, some details from witnesses were that his name was Ted, he drove a tan VW and had a cast on his arm. Do you remember that Ted Bundy's girlfriend called police and said, "my boyfriend's name is Ted and he drives a tan VW and I found plaster of Perris? (cast making material). But I seem to recall that her call wasn't investigated for a long time, if at all.

It's possible. My thoughts are that this is the kind of guy that likes to infiltrate under the cover of darkness. He likes the stealth aspect of breaking in and entering while people sleep. Waiting in a closet or a room for the residents to come home takes discipline. If he doesn't have his phone, he's just sitting there....waiting. Like I said, he might have done that but I think he likes what would probably be a rush for him which would be to sneak in while they're home sleeping. For all you video gamers out there, i'm thinking Metal Gear Solid. Stealth. Maneuvering.
I get that perspective, too. IMHO, he is very disciplined & used the time savoring the anticipation of living out his plan/fantasy.

I initially thought he might have washed up, but after reading comments, I now wonder if part of his meticulous planning was so that he wouldn’t have to was even his hands. All the more terrifying for a victim is he was spotted. IMHO

I also am less convinced than others that he was in & out, though - I think it possible he savored/admired his handiwork. Unless/until more info about the crime scene is released, this is just my sheer & nightmarish speculation.

people say who cares about this, however young dogs have very acute senses- sharp ears- and dogs' noses are about 10,000 x more sensitive than humans, so I do not understand where the dog was.
I read the dog is under a year old, a golden-doodle and super friendly.

All dogs are different and some bark at everything and some run away from everything.

They could have crated him, he could have been hiding, he might have been scared out of his wits and didn’t know what to do. Maybe he’s just a friendly little fella who wouldn’t hurt a fly.

Dogs are weird about who they bark at and who they don't. I have a cattle dog who is insanely protective of me. He won't let anyone come within about two feet of me, even if he knows the person. However, here's what I have found. If someone knocks on the door - he goes insane barking and continues to bark even after I let them in and he knows that person as someone who he is very familiar with. However, anyone can open my door and walk in without knocking and he doesn't make a single sound. In fact, it takes him a minute or two to get up from his nap on my bed to come and see who has come in the door. Regardless of who it is, HE DOES NOT BARK if the person just opens the door and walks in. He only barks if they KNOCK. I think the reason he doesn't bark when someone walks in, as opposed to knocking, is because he thinks it must be me. However, if I open the door to a delivery person - DoorDash, Instacart, anyone - which I do when I see them coming to prevent him from going crazy if they knock. He still goes insane protecting me. He will bark at them, growl at them, charge them, he has even gotten past me and chase several of the delivery people away. I know in that instance he is protecting me, but I can be sitting in the living room and someone can walk in (that I know) without knocking and he does not make a sound. It's so weird.

I understand what you mean. My dad’s neighbor used to have a dog, a mutt, whom her son rescued from some boys using her for a soccer ball. The dog was small and insanely protective of her owner and of the house. She didn’t expect much from people, let us put it so. I fed her and never invaded her space, and with time she got so used to me, she’d hear footsteps at the door and start insanely barking and then maybe smell me - and stop. I’d be met by a dog wagging her tail and inviting me to pet her. To add to it, I wasn’t a frequent guest in their house by any means, but dogs have memory.
When humans measure dogs’ IQ, they measure it by the amount of words dogs might remember (poodles are very smart). So M might be a super smart dog and yet not bark at the intruder.
Or, if she started barking and then stopped - that would be interesting…

Hope you're right.

This coward/killer may've also liked to show off their knife (or knives) in the past too.

That's interesting. I was thinking possibly somebody living in one of the trailers near w palouse river drive. The suspect probably despised successful college students living up north near the campus. He drives his car with a bike on the back to that parking area all the way south of the botanical gardens. Then he would take the bike and ride it up the path, leave it somewhere and walk the rest of the way. Seems like a stretch but that did cross my mind.

The possibilities are endless. I still think it's somebody living near that house though.

At this point, I still think that's the most likely possibility too.

So far only E has had a memorial service? Has LE released the bodies of X, K and M to the families?

Possibly scratches/cuts, but if a serial killer the likelihood that he is acting differently is pretty low. They tend to dissociate and compartmentalize, which of course only leads to more compulsions later on.

My opinion.

Definitely makes you wonder if the two girls- K and M heard/saw something and put the stools there for extra security? I say this because that’s something I would definitely do!
For extra security they would have locked the sliding door before any other precautions. Sliding door has a lock, only it was left unlocked hence it was reported that perpetrator had an unforced entry. The main door to the house off the parking at the front of the house has a more sofisticated lock with a code, but not the kitchen sliding door. I would have locked my bedroom door, too, if I was concerned about my safety, but there were no reports of forced entry to any of the bedrooms, either. Most likely, each bedroom was locked by the killer, on his way out of the room. This killer was too confident about not only the layout of the house and its habitants habits, but also about the lack of security to the house and the rooms. Was he there either as a guest to the party as a friend of the friend or was he a general maintenance worker -plumber, electrician, handy man - who visited the house at least once? The landlord may point out to a company or person who they used to maintain the property

that's actually a super solid point because if someone had a smart watch on the heartbeat tech is incredible these days and could give a near precise window of death.
There was a case in St Johnsville, NY where the murder victim was wearing a Fitbit, so the investigators were able to determine exactly when she died.

I read the dog is under a year old, a golden-doodle and super friendly.

All dogs are different and some bark at everything and some run away from everything.

They could have crated him, he could have been hiding, he might have been scared out of his wits and didn’t know what to do. Maybe he’s just a friendly little fella who wouldn’t hurt a fly.
The point is....dogs are unpredictable, right? It seems like a killer, even one with a big knife, is choosing a high risk scene when he picks a home where a dog lives.

Worth reading, very similar in some ways. Survivors of the 1992 attack, the two roommates asleep in the basement slept through the horrific assault just as the roommates did in Idaho. It went unsolved for awhile.
"We always assumed it was a fraternity brother. We couldn't get out of the box of thinking it was someone we knew," she recalled.
Turns out the attacker was not a fraternity brother or in their social circle. He just seized the opportunity of an open window.

In the 1992 case, Zabel and her roommates attended a Sigma Chi party – just as Kernodle and her boyfriend, Chapin, had the night before they were murdered.

[...]

She added that the trauma of finding her roommate brutalized has stayed with her.

"I just hope these girls [in Idaho] take time to heal because if you don't, it just doesn't go away. My thoughts are with the surviving victims and the victims' families," she said.

I wonder if any of the reporters local or national that are covering this story are seeking out to interview those that were last seen with x and e. I would imagine they are and they just aren't talking. But yeah it's pretty quiet on that front.
Yes I believe so … Brian Entin commented in the links posted up thread, that the Frat members have been told to talk only to the Police, and no speaking to media …

Edit to add: I think he trying to get some interviews with students …

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph