ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO, on the flipside, I've never seen a crime scene have so many press conferences and press releases in such a short period of time.
Never.

However, they are holding so much so close to the chest we aren't really getting much from the them though. We are getting more from parent interviews.
Everybody is talking, and the more people that speak, the more contradictions. I guess they are trying to quell fears that a mass murderer is out there stalking. It’s not working.

It sounds like news got around the campus pretty fast after the murders occurred (if her cousin actually goes to UI). I know Ethan’s siblings were also first to call their parents to let them know what happened but that doesn’t surprise me. It seems likely that at least the brother showed up right away. Either he was one of the friends called, or someone at the frat (or he himself) saw police at the house since it’s so close, and let him know. It just seems like 5 hours is a long time from when the police find the deceased to when they actually contact the deceased’s next of kin. Maybe no one at UI was available to give them that information for awhile.

“Goncalves said he found out his daughter passed away five hours before officers contacted him.

“Her own cousin found out that she had passed away and contacted us and she just asked us, ‘Have you guys heard anything about Kaylee? Have you heard what’s happening?'” Goncalves said. “At that time, there were not all the details. And we were like, ‘What’s going on?'”

Goncalves said police did not want to break the news over the phone. They wanted to knock on his door and do it in-person. He says while police have not shared many details, he’s seen their faces and is hoping that they’re working hard to get justice.”

Hm I did not know that tox was not performed routinely. To me, what’s a few more tests at this point, to get a better picture. I don’t know if my thought scenario includes identifying drug dealers, but it certainly would add to a clearer understanding of the crime.
Thank you for calling me on my remark, Dizzy8. My remark should have read that toxicology screens are not always done. I've seen cases where it was not done, but saying it's not routinely performed is inaccurate. Thanks again! CK

bandage on left hand? sorry missed 2 days -

It seems irresponsible to write an article about someone who is being villified on social media and then try and then imply that he just might be the killer.

If they had concerns about a bandage, I would suggest they should have contacted LE and let them investigate further.

I think he would have parked in the apartment parking lot and walked from there since it is so close and his vehicle would have blended in with everyone else. JMO

May I ask? I've just logged back on to WS. I was reading some posts about the Idaho college students. I didn't find an answer to my question.

Do you know if toxicology screens were done on the four victims? It's not something usually done in cases like this, but it seems important. If there is one perpetrator, and because of the two students asleep on the 1st floor who heard nothing, then something kept the victims from responding or moving. I heard that none of them were bound, but in medicine, there is what's called medical restraint. With the new "cocktail drug" recently in the news, which has Fentanyl mixed with Ketamine (the date rape drug), it or any other drug(s) could have been used to spike drinks in order to restrain the victims and to get out effortlessly. Medical restraining is now illegal in the U.S. and can't be used in nursing homes, etc. We, as physicians, had to be more intelligent than just giving drugs to keep someone from getting out of bed and leaving their room.

I ask this question, because if drugs like the cocktail of Fentanyl/Ketamine was used, it could be found, identified, giving investigators possible leads. For instance, law enforcement officials usually know who the drug dealers are in their areas. If a specific drug(s) was identified, they would be able to focus on the dealers and attempt to find out who purchased similar drugs on or near the campus. I realize it sounds futile to ask a dealer who might have purchased a drug, but sometimes they can cave when faced with four murdered victims.

I hope I'm not rehashing previously discussed topics, but like everyone else, the case has everyone looking for answers.

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
C Kay, MD

I read early on that toxicology tests were performed but results would not be released to the public.

I have an ‘experience’ i would like to share as it may offer some clarity on how one person could subdue 4 people.

My husband and I have two miniature labradoodles. They are sweet companions to us and each other. They sleep with us…and have done so for years.

Last night around 3AM, I was startled awake by growling, ferocious barking and my husband shouting “What’s going on here!” For crucial moments I could not tell if our circumstances were a dream or reality.

That’s my point.

Some of you may have also have experienced that first confused state of mind when startled from a deep sleep. Let me also add, we had had no alcohol.

It took some minutes before I could realize the dogs were barking at each other for some reason and were jostling for position between us in the bed. They were not ‘fighting’ per se, but my point is that if we had actually been in danger, or in the middle of a dog fight, or, God forbid, at the mercy of an enraged killer with a knife…those first confused waking moments would have rendered me useless to help myself or my husband.

I thought anout these victims as I tried to go back to sleep. IMO the stabbing could well have been underway, before they realized it was not a dream, but a real nightmare.

This! —> “I don’t feel that the leadership and the confidence level is there,” Goncalves said. “I mean, I wanna see a guy stand up there and say, ‘Hey, we’re gonna get this guy.’ You got to have some confidence. Don’t sit up there and be wishy-washy.”

Source:

Brian Entin talks with prosecutor.

Videos from twitter combined.

Link

Brian - Do you know, inside the house whether the victims doors were locked in to their individual rooms?.

Prosecutor - I don't know that.

Brian - Were any of the victims found outside of their beds?. Like is it possible some of the victims were not sleeping?.

Prosecutor - As far as the victims who are deceased, I can't say for sure and that would be one of the details that the investigators would want to protect, because very few people would know the exact location of the victims in the house.

Brian - Do you know, were any messages left behind in the house, like almost symbols from the killer?. Because sometimes, in other cases, you know, if it was like a fetish killing, they would leave something on the body or write something on the wall. Is there anything like that?.

Prosecutor - I'm not aware of anything like that.

Brian - Could drugs be involved in all of this?.

Prosecutor - I've not heard that there's any suspicion that drugs played a role in the killings.

Brian - So, not like a drug deal gone bad or something like that?.

Prosecutor - I'm not aware of anything like that, no.

Link

Brian - One thing that we've been told is that this was targeted, that's one word that's come up, targeted. Can you shed anymore light on that because even with the students and some of the victims families, they've almost been frustrated by that. Not really knowing what what that means.

Prosecutor - It seems like the word targeted has had different understandings for different people who are listening and perhaps isn't the best word to use. The bottom line is, whoever is responsible for this is still at large. That can't be changed. My understanding is the investigators believe that whoever's responsible was specifically looking at this particular residence. But that's all that they can offer at this point.

Brian - Can they say whether they were looking at a particular.. whether the person responsible was looking at a particular individual?.

Prosecutor - I don't think they can say that at this point. They're still.. that's part of the investigation, is trying to determine who might have been the target.

Link

Brian - Are there persons of interest of people that the investigators are looking at?.

Prosecutor - I think it's fair to say that there have been people of interest to the investigators and everyone that they've identified so far they've been able to exonerate. Perhaps exonerate isn't the best word, but they've been able to eliminate them as being an actual suspect. And we do not have a name of a person or persons who are actual suspects. That's what they're focusing on still.

Brian - So, there's not someone behind the scenes that you secretly know about that you're just waiting on one more piece of evidence or one more piece of DNA and then boom, this will be settled?

Prosecutor - I can tell you that we don't.. I'm not aware of any single person with a name that we're focusing on, the investigators are focusing on.

Brian - Okay, so it could be a while?.

Prosecutor - It could be, or it could break open anytime.

(Brian talking to viewers)

That is obviously not what people in this community and what the victims families want to hear right now. There has been this hope that behind the scenes police were making a lot of progress and that perhaps they had seen a suspect on surveillance video, something that just wasn't released to the public. I'm told that is not the case. The prosecutor telling me they have no video of the suspect that he knows of.
A couple of new nuggets I got from law enforcement today - they say there's no evidence at this point that drugs were involved at all in the killings and you've heard them say that this was a targeted murder. I am told by the prosecutor that they don't have any evidence of which victim was specifically targeted. They just feel the house in general was targeted.

While I have been trying to keep up with these threads, they're just moving so fast! I love that this community is so engaged, though, and is trying everything to theorize and come up with fresh ideas for discussion. So, my apologies if this has been brought up already. Have we discussed that perhaps a flashlight/phone flashlight was used on his/her phone to move about the house? And IF it were to wake anyone up as they entered a room (I'm the lightest sleeper of all time, drinks or no drinks), they might confusedly stir but be immediately blinded and say 'whoa what is going on or what are you doing?' and not realize/see who is behind the light because they can't see a thing. And then perp is able to advance and engage with them. I kind of think that's more likely than walking blindly into each room with no light, no? Especially if no lights were on in hallways (do we know if any house lights were left on? Nightlights in hallways/rooms?). Again, sorry if I missed this at some point!

This! —> “I don’t feel that the leadership and the confidence level is there,” Goncalves said. “I mean, I wanna see a guy stand up there and say, ‘Hey, we’re gonna get this guy.’ You got to have some confidence. Don’t sit up there and be wishy-washy.”

Source:
Hopefully LE responds to this, surely even one detective on the case telling them they are not going to let this go would help. JMO

D159E8C4-FE15-4D33-9B37-0407A9F74E67.jpegI am not sure if this has already been raised. The Police are being very careful with their words, this leads me to believe this is no mistake.
They said ‘on the night of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence.’ - Officers were called at midday, the dog wasn’t located until the night? After several hours? The police could have said ‘on the day’ or just ‘a dog was located’ - they mentioned ‘night’ because the dog must have been located at ‘night.’
‘At the residence’ could also indicate the dog was tied up somewhere outside the residence as opposed to ‘inside the residence.’

So my question is, where was the dog? Why was it not located until night time when the police were on scene from mid day?

It seems irresponsible to write an article about someone who is being villified on social media and then try and then imply that he just might be the killer.

If they had concerns about a bandage, I would suggest they should have contacted LE and let them investigate further.
btw, the back 'bandage' looked like a wrist splint ( like you'd get for carpel tunnel syndrome)
Agree with you. Reporter could have just asked the guy about it, so that he could have told them instead of publishing the smear that gets people talking about a bandage.

After watching so many true crime shows I am used to so many detectives making assumptions- especially if the crime is brutal - they say it is a "crime of passion" when it turns out to be a random stranger killing. The other day there was a case where a woman was found in the basement and a carpet was thrown over her and the first thing the detective said was "she knew her killer who had remorse and couldn't look at her face" NO- it was a random killing and the guy put carpet over her to hide her body!!! There are some very good detectives, but there are some bad ones out there as well--- IMO the bad detectives cause many cases to go cold--
I think the common assumption is that stabbings with multiple wounds are indicative of an enraged person known to the victim. That's true in many cases, but you don't want to get focused on it to the point where you're operating with blinders on. I recall an old "Far Side" cartoon (wish I could find a copy of it now!) that's in two panels. On the left panel is a number of covered wagons, all circled, and a group of very worried looking settlers. One of them confidently says "don't worry ... they only attack to the sound of the drums!" The second panel shows a number of Indians armed for battle, mounted and ready for attack. One of them has a large drum, and a sad look on his face, because he's accidentally beaten a huge hole into the drum!

EA38B977-4A60-481B-80D7-31356197B2BA.jpeg
From the official police release - this should clear up the fainting rumours.
The unconscious person was a second-floor victim who the roommates believed had passed out.
I think this has to be the end of the fainting theory.

The house itself being targeted is an interesting thought. Is there someone with something to gain with the house being likely unsellable and unrentable? Commercial interest? Just another possible angle. Moo
There was a crime recently near me.The perp wanted to kill someone, anyone. He spent hours jiggling doorknobs until he found an unlocked door. He stabbed the occupants who had been asleep in their bedroom. They lived. The perp had no connection to the house or victim's. But they and their house were targeted. Also, Sharon Tate was not targeted, but her house was. Imo, most random attacks are like this. A house might be targeted for the perps s convenience. Location, easy access, easy entry, easy getaway, etc. I hope that is not the case here, as random perpetrators are the hardest to catch. Imo.

View attachment 383810I am not sure if this has already been raised. The Police are being very careful with their words, this leads me to believe this is no mistake.
They said ‘on the night of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence.’ - Officers were called at midday, the dog wasn’t located until the night? After several hours? The police could have said ‘on the day’ or just ‘a dog was located’ - they mentioned ‘night’ because the dog must have been located at ‘night.’
‘At the residence’ could also indicate the dog was tied up somewhere outside the residence as opposed to ‘inside the residence.’

So my question is, where was the dog? Why was it not located until night time when the police were on scene from mid day?
Lots of prior discussion in thread 14-15 (and earlier but a lot there)-I have similar thoughts that I previously discussed. Agree about the wording. And makes no sense to say the night of the incident if the dog was picked up from the shelter at 530 the day they found the bodies. They could not have found the dog the “night of the incident” because it was already returned to its co-ownee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd