ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a cryptic message:
My first interpretation is that one of the four killed victims had committed some crime and behavior changed after that leading to the killing. But that didn't make sense. He only had access to Kaylee's phone
My second thought was that one or both of the survivors changed their behavior after the murders, but that would be 100% expected.
I think he may have been talking about a friend, possibly boyfriend of Kaylee's who calls or texts daily and hadn't, even though noone knew Kaylee was dead yet.

Interesting. He may refers to the surviving girls or surviving boyfriends albeit the BFs were no at the house at the time of the crime? Text/Voice messages left on the phones of the killed students by their friends prior to uncovering the murders? Or someone supposed to answer the left on their phone by one or more of the killed students imporrant message(s) in the morning of 13th before the killings were discovered, but they did not? He hits that something was expected to happen and the person should have done that if they were innocent and unaware that the person they supposed to reply/do something they promised to do was killed. How about loan someone had to pay back, to K account, for example, on the morning of 13th? That late night calls were about something important, weren't they?
What were the two quotes? I missed them

I agree, that's why I think he was not alone. Just can't believe that nobody can hear anything, only rooms have doors, between floors there is an open space. I live in Croatia, EU and it is very normal in our country, and neighbouring ones, that people build houses like separate apartments even though is normally just one house (so one day, if you have kids, they can have separate flats to live in). So for example, my father built his house three floors/three apartments. And just to point out we have brick houses. So sometimes when I stay at his place I normally sleep on the third floor. I have room door, and another one is on the foot of the stairs. then there is a second floor, so again every room has doors and the other one is before second flight of stairs. Then the first floor, again front door... So, here is normal that someone on the first floor wouldn't hear me from the third, but if someone is on the second floor he could. At 3am, 4am without a doubt, because everyone is sleeping and it is quiet. Something happening in the room above mine, you can hear commotion, footsteps...
Our home is similar size and layout. I sometimes can’t sleep so I lay on the couch. I can hear my son breathing through the vents!

How to quote from a previous thread?

This seems unlikely.
Police need evidence that is legitimate, without question.
And why would they bypass a legitimate warrant directly to service providers and spend limited funds paying private advertisers to source evidence any defense attorney will easily tear apart in court?

I absolutely must address this comment. It is an extremely accurate way to determine who the killers are in the first place. If they had their phones on, they can be found. If they left their phones in a car parked in the woods, they can be found. Police have no leads, why in the world would they NOT do this investigation???
Are you saying the info from this method would be different than a geofence warrant?

I keep thinking if this was a random thrill kill just for violence and murder, why not pick a house outside of the city limits? I'm sure there are girls living in houses in more isolated places. Or rural area (more gun owners possibly)? It's darker, less used roads, less people, etc.

This house was on a cut-de-sac, so basically surrounded except for tree barrier in the back to apartment building. Main roads with cameras, houses with cameras, foot traffic, car traffic, night owls around the university and even a woman nursing her newborn, etc. Very risky even if using the back!
The brazenness of the crime is almost incomprehensible to me, and I think cannot be ignored or understated. I really do lean (as I've posted before) towards a peripheral suspect, someone mostly unknown to the victims, but the fact that the perp came and went without anyone seeing him (at least as far as we know so far) is truly horrifying.

I'm reminded of Israel Keyes, where some known victims seemed to be targeted because of their distance from town (I'm thinking of the couple in Vermont). His final crime though, Samantha Koenig in Alaska, he literally kidnapped her at gunpoint from a drive through coffee hut. Keyes isn't the greatest example, but it's interesting that there's a serial killer in recent years who has moved between "safer" targets (secluded, difficulty finding / reporting the crime) and brazen violent activity with a high risk of being caught. NOT to say that this crime is the work of a serial killer, but it's an interesting comparison to evaluate risk level.

Steve Goncalves, father of Kaylee Goncalves, one of the victims of the University of Idaho murders, speaks out about the case on 'The Story with Martha MacCallum:

This is a VERY interesting interview.

@Allabouttrial this may be a good one to transcribe ;)

Impressions from this interview:

- KG's bed was made (it sounds like he was shown pictures), hence I would assume she hadn't completely moved out, even if it was a furnished rental. The sheets would have belonged to her based on my experience in college and the recent college experience of my own child. MOO
- And he also said 'there was nothing in there' and by this the insinuation was no sign of a crime in the room.
- Communication between KG and male once they returned home - family was able to give that info to LE and he did believe there was some relevant information and he thinks it definitely helped them. He said 'the behavior footprint afterwards did definitely get some more things in the works'.
- He spoke inelegantly at the end about whether or not he thought his daughter was targeted. I believe what he was trying to convey was that he was given information by law enforcement that pointed toward a 'behavior difference' (he called it a footprint also) towards one (or more) of the victims (different or more injuries?). Law enforcement explicitly won't let him talk about it. But the followup question got confusing and he changed it to 'behavior of the victims', which I think was just a bad answer to a confusing question. MOO.

Interesting. This strikes me as odd:
“Father says it is ‘pretty much a fact’ that the perp would show up at any funeral service and follow the case online. Family don’t want to hold service now as they wouldn’t want to ‘exclude anyone.’”

Who would be “excluded,” then? Would he be excluding someone based on suspicion and wants to wait to hold the funeral until that person is cleared, so he/she could go?

I would interpret his comment as meaning that their only other option to ensure the killer did not attend would be to have a very small private service for immediate family only. If they wait until there is an arrest, they can have a funeral that would allow them to honour his daughter in a much broader way.

I could easily see it being someone from the frat that went with e and x to their place to continue with an after-party or whatever. Either something happened before they arrived at the house or when they got there, such as a simple argument.

M and k arrive a bit after and see the killer hanging out with e and x. This is before the killings happened. After K and M go upstairs to the room to settle down for the night, something triggers the killer to kill E and X on the second floor. He flipped and lost control. People become extra aggressive under alcohol and drugs, which couldve been consumed at the previous party or at the house itself. He knows he has to kill K and M because they saw him last hanging out with E and X before they were murdered.
It would explain the theory that xana or ethan was the target, and not the other two.

All just speculation though. I wish murphy could talk.
Your afterparty thought has me thinking.. Even if an argument didn't happen, some party drugs can cause hallucinations. I've had my experiences with hallucinogens. Some trips are so serious that the person has no connection to reality, only what the drugs are making their mind see.

But this is exactly why the public, especially the Moscow community I would think, wants to know if it was targeted or not. To me, targeted implies there was a very specific reason that person or group of people were victims, such that the killer likely would not go after someone else. If they were targeted just due to opportunity, that’s more like a random killing, so much scarier for the community. Surely LE knows this—are they just mincing words to for CYA?

Here’s the thing …nobody likes to feel vulnerable – nobody wants to believe that this can happen in their town to them – but it can. Odds are it probably won’t, but if definitely can.

The victims took precautions – there were six of them in the home that night. Safety in numbers right ?

These kids were just out there living their lives. Just like thousands of other normal college kids across Idaho and the nation were that very same night.

Everyone wants to know how they can prevent this from happening. How they can be assured it will not happen to them.

But they really don’t want the real life answers. You can do everything reasonably possible to minimize your exposure to crime and still end up a victim.

All Just My Opinion

I know this has been ruled out as a link by LE but I don’t trust them thus far. This is perhaps been shared on an earlier thread, does anyone think there is a link? This would rule out a victim being a specific target and point more towards a random serial killer. Exclusive: Mother of murdered Oregon man reacts to possible link to Idaho slayings
How can anything be ruled out when nothing is known about the identities of both assailants, except that one of them was a man (and you can almost assume that the other one was as well). If they're not pursuing this, they're idiots.

What were the two quotes? I missed them
From Kaylee’s Father on Fox News…
- Not happy with the statements from LE creating more questions than answers
- Picture of Kaylee’s bed which was made up I.e. not slept in was shared before and Kaylee’s Dad did not realise Kaylee and Maddie being in the same bed was new information when he shared it. They did sleep in the same bed that night, Maddie’s bed.
- Father says it is ‘pretty much a fact’ that the perp would show up at any funeral service and follow the case online. Family don’t want to hold service now as they wouldn’t want to ‘exclude anyone.’
- Some information the family got from Kaylee’s phone and shared with LE. Then mentions the ‘behaviour footprint’ afterwards getting some things in the works. (Not sure what this means.)
- This quote strikes me ‘I do have some incline that there was some behaviour difference as I call them a footprint when you commit a crime you do something, you do different behaviours, I’ve asked permission to give any of that out and they told me no it would not be beneficial, so I’ve held back on that.’
Reporter: ‘Behaviour of her or someone she knew?’
Father: ‘behaviour of the victims.’Father of slain Idaho student: 'I'm not going nowhere' until the killer is off the streets | Fox News Video

The Moscow police chief on Thursday explained why police have held back information from the public regarding the investigation into the Nov. 13 murders of four University of Idaho students.

James Fry also expressed confidence that the team of investigators will solve the case, even though no suspect has been identified yet.

Fry said when that information is made public, the suspect may learn that information, too, which may jeopardize the case. It also might jeopardize the integrity of a trial if an arrest is made.
“We're always going to hold stuff back as much as we possibly can because when you’re talking about the integrity of the case, you’re talking about when this goes to trial, have you tainted jurors?” he said during an interview with the Moscow-Pullman Daily News. “There’s a way bigger picture here than just people knowing. Because for it to be a fair trial, you have to have people who don’t know facts and have already made up their own opinions on them.”

Fry said any tips from the public get sent to the tip line, where staff review them. He said there has been discussion about offering a reward for information leading to an arrest. Fry said while that may happen in the future, police are not ready to do that yet.

It is a cryptic message:
My first interpretation is that one of the four killed victims had committed some crime and behavior changed after that leading to the killing. But that didn't make sense. He only had access to Kaylee's phone
My second thought was that one or both of the survivors changed their behavior after the murders, but that would be 100% expected.
Your first interpretation was my first impression and he could have meant those very words. But he also could have added "crime" in there by accident, he seemed to have many thoughts on his mind and a lot of data.

Your afterparty thought has me thinking.. Even if an argument didn't happen, some party drugs can cause hallucinations. I've had my experiences with hallucinogens. Some trips are so serious that the person has no connection to reality, only what the drugs are making their mind see.
But what about a knife?

Do people usually bring knives to a party?

Absolutely no worries! While I completely understand the zillion open tabs (happens to me daily), even without that legit reason, Idahoans are completely used to being confused with Indiana, Ohio, Iowa, etc.

I appreciate so many here sharing, and I think you should be honored newbies like me found your post worthy of digging in & digesting :)
Iowans are used to it too! I don’t know how many times I’ve had to tell people we grow corn here, not potatoes haha

Given the latest interview with the Father of K and him saying:
- They don’t want to hold a funeral service as they believe the killer would show up and they don’t want to exclude anyone.
- He believes there are relevant behaviour patterns related to someone committing a crime and then behaving differently but LE have asked him not to share.
- He believes there was relevant info on K’s phone that they shared with LE which moved things…
I think we can take from this that there was a target, either M or K and the Father has a suspect in mind.
I agree. The follow-up question from the journalist on the behavior pattern thing tripped him up and he made it sound like it was the victim's behavior, but I don't believe at all that that is what he meant. I think he meant 'towards the victims'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23