ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if they did, and they were both in the same room, to call that often in such a short space of time reeks of desperations. Oh my. I wonder what they both so desperately wanted to call him about? I wonder if they were barricaded in their room, completely terrified of what what happening elsewhere in the house?

If they were both in separate rooms and calling, that wouldn't be so bad, but to both call him from the same room at the same time just gives of panic vibes to me.

MOO.

sounds like a bad horror movie. Instead of calling the cops, they call the boyfriend.

First of all...
I can't be alone in losing faith in, or at minimum simply not understanding the the interaction of the Moscow LE and the media. How can they contradict themselves so much in 24 hours?

In also appears that the families are starting to buckle under the pain/anguish & pressure of this ordeal. K's dad and E's mom both made statements that directly contradict police releases.

I don't believe this is against the rules to post, right? Legit web site article (CNN) with verified statement by father of victim?

He states about his daughter and M's friendship (edit: snipped direct quote ) "They just found each other, and every day they did homework together, they came to our house together, they shared everything...In the end, they died together, in the same room in the same bed.”".

That goes along with what many people, including myself, have believed in that M + K were likely in same bed.

Last edited:
I appreciate your clarity in analytical thought, and your cogent presentation of information... Has nothing to do with calling out the newscast, but my comment does speak to your consistent credibility and careful posting. Thank you.
Thanks for this. I remember my newbie days here and made my fair share of mistakes. I appreciate the rules and tos here because it really keeps just the facts in front of our eyes which is incredibly important. Thanks again and happy to contribute. :)

sorry I wasn't sure myself either.

best interpretation I have is....

Steve was told that when deciding whether one particular victim was more of a target than the rest of the victims, LE usually spot some signs of a different ' behaviour footprint' * by the perp.

( later on in the interview, because Steve is tired/ is grieving he says he was referring to victim not perp but I just think it was Steve mis-speaking)

* at the crime scene the perp may treat one victim differently to another, even though manner of death & weapon is the same. eg. they might return to the body again, or pose the body, treat the clothing or personal possessions differently, use knife in different ways compared to the rest of victims ( location of stabbings, how deep, the force used)

there'll be more examples but IDK off-hand what they are

edited to add:
however just because say, Kaylee or A.N. Other had more of his 'attention' during the offence I'm not convinced that necessarily means she was targeted in advance, unless LE already have other evidence ( eg this was her stalker)
You'd need to check with a psychology person on WS, but someone as sick as this might just treat one victim differently once he's inside the property. What if something is triggered in him during the attack, the way she reacts or his past issues with particulate women she might remind him of? IDK and I doubt they can be sure without other evidence
To add that maybe the perp got tired after the first victim and didn't do as must damage to the rest. Imo.

Virtually all the knife guys I know are almost obsessive-compulsive about sharpening and even stropping their blades.
I can't say I know "knife guys" but husband has a hunting knife he takes really good care of, but it's in storage 90% of the year. Lol he even had the handle engraved "myname, Do Not Touch" then caught me in like 1994 using it to poke holes in the bottom of a bucket I was turning into a planter for a house plant lol. Anyway he does not carry knives unless hunting during hunting seasons, but packs heat while traveling long distances and puts a compact gun in his boots when taking kiddo to the movie theater. We live in a Constitutional Carry state so I feel quite safe here (low crime), I don't blame people that carry knives in no gun and or no pepper spray places for carrying them. It's all just bizarre to me tbh!

Sorry to jump ahead, but my mind is blown. If I’m correctly understanding the clip, K had not moved out as many WSs had theorized, her bed was still there & made, meaning they were murdered (or at least attacked) in M’s bed?

Is that what he’s saying, or am I misunderstanding?

Huge difference, IMHO.
I would be really interested it seeing the photo/video that he was referring to.

I think it is a berry on the tree. Does look like drip marks on the cabinet. Is there a bedroom door or anything near that cabinet? Imo.
Excuse me if someone has already addressed this, but based on the photos a poster provided a page or so before your post, there are upper cabinets above these base cabinets and above those, a deep soffit. Upper cabinets tend to be 12" deep and base cabinets 24" deep. Doors on cabinets are somewhere between 3/4 to 1" thick and countertops usually extend 1-1/2" beyond front of base cabinet (so roughly 1/2 to 3/4" beyond front of cabinet door). I have no idea about the depth of the soffit, but it appears roughly even with the front of the base cabinet.

I don't know, but wonder if the substance dripping down the face of this cabinet door came from the soffit above. And if so, what is in the soffit (ducts through which the home's heat travels?) and what is on the floor directly above (heat register or air return?)

All the contradictions. Over and over again. MPD, get it together. One spokesperson and make sure the message is vetted and accurate. It's just damaging the credibility of the investigation to keep going back and forth. JMO.
It's happening so much, I'm no longer sure it is unintentional. But what message they are trying to send with the switch-a-rooing is baffling if so.

Having called out the prosecutor (in a very roundabout way) for saying the HOUSE was targeted was odd. Maybe he exerted some pressure on them to "clarify" once again.

Or maybe it's just an exercise in overthinking by insiders and outsiders. Maybe a round of Xanax at the next LE meeting is in order?

JMHO

Latest from Moscow Police as of this evening.
“We remain consistent in our belief that this was a targeted attack, but investigators have not concluded if the target was the residence or if it was the occupants. “

…….wait what?
Perhaps the owner(s)of the residence is what they mean by ‘the residence.’ Perhaps the murders were done by someone ‘for hire’ in retribution for an acrimonious divorce or unfair inheritance situation or business deal gone wrong involving the residence. Purpose of which would be to taint the ‘residence’ ie. property.

I thought about this earlier, and was wondering if he meant that he wanted to be able to have a public funeral, not wanting to exclude anyone that wanted to pay respects to K who may not otherwise get a direct invite if they had a private, family-only service (ex: someone they knew from college or work but not familiar with family). Just a thought/MOO
MOO. MOO. If the MODs feel this should be deleted, I understand. This scenario keeps running through my brain. When my aunt passed (under odd circumstances), we the family, chose a "family only" memorial service. But.."family only" didn't mean only blood relatives or family members by marriage. The direct invites included long-time family friends and a few people she had long-term relationships with. Some direct family members agreed with this and a few family members took a while to agree to this. Had the non-blood relatives etc. not been invited, it would have been a Huge 'slight' on our part. To not recognise the importance these people had played in her life. But some invitees would have been asking why 'ABC' wasn't there and some would have been asking why 'ABC' was there! I don't know if this even makes sense. My brain has been consumed with this case. JMOO

This is from the set of photos from Daily Mail of the interior of house through the window at dusk (someone posted link a little while ago).
Anyone study these?
In the photo below, is that the door to the bedroom to the back left on floor 2...or a pantry closet? I'm guessing a pantry door but idk.

I ask because it looks like a stain, possibly blood but could be anything. It's all along the top, as well as the side, running down like streaks of wet paint. Considering the house seems well-kept by landlord I'd doubt that they'd have a door/cupboard/pantry/whatever with wood stain marks so visible. Could it be blood?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221201-225801_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221201-225801_Chrome.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 193
  • Screenshot_20221201-225755_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221201-225755_Chrome.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 186
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online