ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting. I am curious too. Who was the guy in the flannel? What is his expertise? I know they are starting to receive some of the evidence results back from the labs, I wonder if it were some of the results that caused them to go back into the crime scene to collect more evidence? Maybe a very good sign. MOO
I hope so too, and the backpack is odd, maybe that's how he carries equipment for testing for what his expertice is?

Does anyone find it odd that Ethan’s family and Xana’s family did not attend either of the two vigils/ceremonies together? Just something I noticed today.
Dana’s family was there at the memorial today. Her dad, sister, and aunt spoke. I don’t find it odd when families don’t participate in these public events.

Very interesting. I am curious too. Who was the guy in the flannel? What is his expertise? I know they are starting to receive some of the evidence results back from the labs, I wonder if it were some of the results that caused them to go back into the crime scene to collect more evidence? Maybe a very good sign. MOO
IMO I think he's a family member that has gone in to collect something needed on behalf of the family.

I hate asking this but where did KG get the $$$$$/financing for her expensive (?) new car.....

most students would have no money after 4 years of college and rent/food/etc. payments

of course, it could be as simple as her parents bought it for her. and that's extremely likely

<Snip>
When I graduated college, I financed my first car based on the signed offer letter from the job I was starting.

City of Moscow Police Department

Moscow Homicide Update
December 2, 2022

Update 1:45 p.m.: As detectives move forward with the homicide investigation, a private security company has been contracted to provide scene security to free up patrol resources. The scene remains under police control.

this should answer all questions re the "tech" looking guy..

Thanks. My impression:
  1. older guy opens the front door (required to access the rear door latch)
  2. younger guy opens the rear door and steps in the back seat
  3. older guy gets in the front seat
I think you’re right.

That’s why I didn’t say suspect. The backpack, etc. But there’s an odd way he’s being “ushered.” I think 3 dudes out just doing their job could all open their own doors on a vehicle. I can’t put my finger on whether it was just them being polite or the other two guys being in “control.” Although it would be weird to let someone get in the backseat while you were driving. Idk. A super weird vibe.
… like they were ushering him, maybe…

Not trying to be facetious or flip in any way, but I seriously wish the "Criminal Minds" team was real and on this case. (Not because in tee vee land things are solved in an hour. ) But just to get it solved so as to possibly even slightly ease the agony of the families. And end the terror in the community. I pray that the real BAU in the real FBI is making progress.
Retired FBI profiler Jim Clemente was actually one of the writers for Criminal Minds, and he was asked about his thoughts and opinions on Fox News a few days ago:

To summarize his thoughts:
- this wasn’t the suspect’s first foray into or around the house
- either he knew one or more of the victims or he’s been stalking one or more of the victims
- had the time to surveil the house at night
- had the time to be there that night to commit the crime
- may have been covering up wounds after the crime, may have shown up late for work and made an excuse for his absence, may have left the area for a period of time
- there was probably some stressor in his life before he committed the crime (loss of a relationship, loss of a job, some kind of conflict w/ one or more of the victims that made him feel emasculated)
- we cannot think of this guy as a monster because people will be looking for a monster and he’s not a monster; he’s a human being who did a very bad thing (IOW he could be your nextdoor neighbor or the guy on the street smiling in your face)
- the person we’re looking for had a stressor before the murders, had a change in behavior before the murders, and had a change in behavior after the murders

Why do you have a bedroom at your sorority house and also a place to live at a student house?
Can't you live at your sorority one?
Not from the US, so hoping someone can explain.....
I believe that most fraternity and sorority houses have a limited numbered of rooms available. So not every member has a room in the house. She may have had one at one time.

Apparently us websleuths are not helping the investigation? Has the investigation team actually stopped to consider the deep impact that the Murder of 4 Happy innocent young people has had on people across the globe….our hearts break for the victims, the parents, the families and friends… we all want to understand how such a horrendous crime can happen…the perp is still out there…we want him caught.. I work to focus on the-facts.. imo It is entirely possible that one of us websleuths will discover an important piece of information that may help find the perp/s responsible for this hideous crime…IMO

‘In a separate statement, however, the department said that it is still seeking information from the public and that "there is no piece of information that is too small’

Keep up the great sleuthing people!!!

Yeah… it was entering, not exiting. Probably nothing and I’m overthinking things
We own a "3 door" pickup like that, 2 full size front doors and 2 half sized back doors, our back door latches are on the edge of the side door only accessible after the front door it open, no latches on the outside of the back doors.

Good idea, but not likely to happen.

Don't most colleges have all rooms deep cleaned before the new semester?

Not that I know of. But I went to colleges/universities where people had to sign a year-long contract.

There was no cleaning except at end-of-year (and not in all forms of housing; married student housing worked more like regular apartments - either the occupants cleaned while leaving, or then, the university would clean and charge the occupants).

It wasn't deep cleaning. Where I work now, students are responsible for cleaning when they leave - and incoming students can elect to hire deep cleaners (they don't, usually).

MOO: Flannel guy with backpack is part of forensics or scene investigation.

Retired FBI profiler Jim Clemente was actually one of the writers for Criminal Minds, and he was asked about his thoughts and opinions on Fox News a few days ago:

To summarize his thoughts:
- this wasn’t the suspect’s first foray into or around the house
- either he knew one or more of the victims or he’s been stalking one or more of the victims
- had the time to surveil the house at night
- had the time to be there that night to commit the crime
- may have been covering up wounds after the crime, may have shown up late for work and made an excuse for his absence, may have left the area for a period of time
- there was probably some stressor in his life before he committed the crime (loss of a relationship, loss of a job, some kind of conflict w/ one or more of the victims that made him feel emasculated)
- we cannot think of this guy as a monster because people will be looking for a monster and he’s not a monster; he’s a human being who did a very bad thing (IOW he could be your nextdoor neighbor or the guy on the street smiling in your face)
- the person we’re looking for had a stressor before the murders, had a change in behavior before the murders, and had a change in behavior after the murders
the person we’re looking for had a stressor before the murders, had a change in behavior before the murders, and had a change in behavior after the murders
I wonder if this is what the Dad was referring to on his daughters phone as far as "footprint"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88