ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok the biggest news to come from Banfield’s interview with Xana’s mom is that Xana did have a lock on her bedroom door and that Xana’s dad had just replaced it with a new lock exactly one week before the murders.

I need to know WHY that lock was changed!!

Xana’s mom also said she thinks the kids were targeted. She thinks it was someone who knew them, maybe even a friend.

Wow.

Link coming shortly. Banfield show goes up after it airs, so in 20 minutes.
How much do you really think Xana's mother knows? I'm leading toward perhaps not that much. JMO.

How much do you really think Xana's mother knows? I'm leading toward perhaps not that much. JMO.
She explained where she got all of her information. Everyone needs to watch the interview when it posts. She heard from the dad that he had just installed a new lock. He drove there to visit the sister Jasmine, who was in Washington nearby, and then he, “went to check on Xana, and install a new lock on her bedroom door.”

I found her to be very credible.

So it seems like Killer could have targeted Maddie's bed and Xana's bed and maybe Kaylee and Ethan were just in wrong bed at wrong time. Both Maddie and Xana had left Pi Beta Phi Sorority same time last semester. Maybe targets were Phi Beta Phi roommates.

Who/what is North State? Just state police from the northern part of Idaho?

I replied to this earlier but I just noticed this on MPD Daily Press Release:

• As detectives move forward with the homicide investigation, a private security company has been contracted to provide scene security to free up patrol resources. The scene remains under police control.

From Moscow Poloce:
We remain consistent in our belief that this was a targeted attack, but investigators have not concluded if the target was the residence or if it was the occupants."

I hadn’t thought of this angle, that the residence could have been a target. Is it plausible that someone would target the residence simply to make a statement? Sort of like they are sick of all the partying, in general, so don’t think about moving in here because it is not safe. If that is the case, then I would say that is not an isolated attack because someone sick of the partying could strike just down the road. Certainly this is not the only party house.

So why else could the residence been the target?

Have previous tenants been looked into at all as far as if they had any issues with anyone in the past? Potentially someone that didn't know the previous tenants didn't live there anymore?

First time websleuther, so I apologize if any of this isn't acceptable. Just let me know and I'll gladly re-post appropriately.

So it seems like Killer could have targeted Maddie's bed and Xana's bed and maybe Kaylee and Ethan were just in wrong bed at wrong time. Both Maddie and Xana had left Pi Beta Phi Sorority same time last semester. Maybe targets were Phi Beta Phi roommates.

From Moscow Poloce:
We remain consistent in our belief that this was a targeted attack, but investigators have not concluded if the target was the residence or if it was the occupants."

I hadn’t thought of this angle, that the residence could have been a target. Is it plausible that someone would target the residence simply to make a statement? Sort of like they are sick of all the partying, in general, so don’t think about moving in here because it is not safe. If that is the case, then I would say that is not an isolated attack because someone sick of the partying could strike just down the road. Certainly this is not the only party house.

I see it as redundant. A site of a crime is always chosen... thus targeted.

oh, sorry! I forget that every thought I have isn't automatically communicated to make my posts make sense. I think he had probably found a way into the house to 'visit' in his planning stage. easy enough while they were in class or work or even at night, apparently. they could have been placed and retrieved, although that's just a floating thought, I'd have to research it, but I think it could be done. I think that he was quite organized, and my theory is that the 'sloppy' remarks from le were to goad him to respond.

did some research and am adding this to my list of things that happened prior to the murders. this is something a very organized thrill killer might do and is particularly chilling: One warning on the search for cameras via network scans — some small cams record straight to a SIM card, so they won't show on a network scan.

I wonder if someone from LE is tasked to watch Banfield every night. I wonder if they will walk anything back tomorrow.
Hoping they won't, but they probably will, given their history. smh

From Moscow Poloce:

I interpret that to mean 'a house full of pretty girls' not the brick and mortar part of the structure.

@mrtnira Thanks for hour post.
Certainly a possibility. I believe someone posted that officials had arranged for a private security service at 1122 King.
Makes sense to free up sworn LE to return to duty,
Thank you... I posted and then moments later the official explanation came out... Ugh. I thought, "Great. Now I look like Captain Obvious." It happens in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288