ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Moscow Poloce:
We remain consistent in our belief that this was a targeted attack, but investigators have not concluded if the target was the residence or if it was the occupants."

I hadn’t thought of this angle, that the residence could have been a target. Is it plausible that someone would target the residence simply to make a statement? Sort of like they are sick of all the partying, in general, so don’t think about moving in here because it is not safe. If that is the case, then I would say that is not an isolated attack because someone sick of the partying could strike just down the road. Certainly this is not the only party house.

So why else could the residence been the target?
Unlocked doors, it being secluded, windows that are easier to break open, no dogs, no men. There are lots of reasons why a residence might be targeted IMO

But if the lawyers see that the case is weak and full of holes, the person charged can demand his right to a speedy trial. Then it's too late to get your ducks in a row.
I'll add my reason for hoping they arrest as soon as they have probable cause:

what if they didn't? what if they could have, chose to wait to build their case, and in the interim, he does it again? rushing to arrest right after would be a little too late, and think of the implications on so many levels other than the obvious (more brutally murdered people).

I have a feeling the families have a person/persons in mind they think may be involved in this but aren't allowed to say. It seems from the moment K's mom did not want to have a funeral because she thought the person may show up, she had an idea of who it might be. Were the roommates getting along?

They were referring specifically to people on law-enforcement’s list of people who have been cleared. How many females are on that list?

Probably a lot. We have no idea how many neighbors or peers they had that were females and needed to be cleared. Maybe JD had a new girlfriend? Maybe Maddie had a dispute with a female co-worker? Maybe there was a sorority feud? We have no idea.

I have not seen any reporter ask about the Metadata from the cell phone towers. Has anyone seen any news on the cell phone towers data ? The Time from midnight till 6am would show what phones were in the house or near the house at the time of the murders. Would even show exactly where each phone was in the house and the exact movements. The phones give not just the GPS location but the elevation as well. The changes in the movement are recorded by the towers and by Apple or Google, depending on the service it used. Every time you move the metadata is transmitted to your provider and to the service you use, either Apple or Google or both. This is how they keep track of the businesses you visit. I was expecting a reporter to ask about their history of movement for each device. If anyone knows of this information being asked about please post the link. Thank you
That would fall under “active investigation” data not disclosed to the public, of course.

But if the lawyers see that the case is weak and full of holes, the person charged can demand his right to a speedy trial. Then it's too late to get your ducks in a row.
That’s True, You Have A right to A speedy trial 30 days, If they Have A suspect once they’re done getting what evidence they can Then, Maybe they will release his name As a poi In hopes that they can gather a little more evidence from the public, But There’s no way they’re going to charge anyone unless they’re confident in winning the case… JMO

We can't be sure that was her room (her last room). That appears to be a pin from someone else, which she repinned. Further, she wasn't living in the sorority (and I've seen nothing that indicates she ever did - but perhaps she did).

She was collecting ideas for her ideal room. It's very sad, is what it is.
Yes indeed. Every year around this time, these families are going to equate the holidays with this awful event. Absolutely no one deserves this.

Sad to see we seem to be approaching the phase when everyone devasted blames others devastated. Sad but predictable — I’m sure it feels like an eternity for those who have so horrifically lost their loved ones.
Was the interview only 5 min?
Seemed to have gotten cut off right when Cara was asking about the surviving roommates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member