ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
let's put it this way;
If you as a survivor, heard a noise but didn't react because it sounded like a nothing-burger and the police expressly told you not to speak to anybody now & not to tell anybody because it might scupper a prosecution, what would you do? Would you phone for example, Alivea G or Hunter C/ any of the family & go tell them out of empathy? Tough call imo

LE probably told the survivors not to talk. Survivors are traumatized and very fearful. The survivors’ families are mostly concerned about their wellbeing. Logical. MOO.

I dont know.

The police seem to have mostly used the term "Ka Bar" when describing the knife. They may have also used the term "Ka Bar like".

In the end, it seems that they could be describing a "Ka Bar by Ka Bar", a "Ka Bar" by another brand, or a generic, large, old school military knife.

But... I don't know how they determined that the weapon used was a large fighting knife (maybe from injuries?). Likewise, I dont know to what extent they know that it was say, specifically a "Ka Bar by Ka bar".
Sorry for getting graphic! But I assumed that the knife went in so deep that the flange that stops your hand from sliding down hit the skin leavening an outline of it. jfif

do either of those ' share the same alibi' ? Hoodie, Jack or another boyfriend?
By "share the strong alibi" he means reveal/disclose.

He wants the police to tell them what the "strong alibi" is.
It means he has a suspect or suspects in mind. This ties in to earlier ambiguous interview where he was talking about "behavior patterns/footprint" etc
It's interesting but frustrating that he can't say more. He might be referring to the food truck guy

LE probably told the survivors not to talk. Survivors are traumatized and very fearful. The survivors’ families are mostly concerned about their wellbeing. Logical. MOO.
yes that was the scenario I was pointing to when I said ' police told you expressly not to ' divulge when I posed the dilemma question to WS members.

Me personally? I would not divulge that info.
I would be happy to contact the other bereaved people in some form but probably not over the phone - where I could express my shared devastation re the deaths but explain that I'd been forbidden to discuss anything specific with anybody

what would you do if you were in their shoes?

Last edited:
Impressed by the Goncalves's for publicly pushing LE. Don't want another Delphi, where local/state cops and FBI completely whiffed on a case that should easily have been solved within a week or two.

Their efforts are giving me hope this case will soon be solved. I think they have a pretty strong hunch who the perp is, have it narrowed down to one or two POIs. I'd love to know what they know.

Last edited:
Probably “I was home sleeping” or “I was in bed with my girlfriend” or “I was at a party with many other people”. MOO.

thanks and yes

presents another conundrum
always wondered about the first one “I was home sleeping"

Impressed by the Goncalves for publicly pushing LE. Don't want another Delphi, where local/state cops and FBI completely whiffed on a case that should easily have been solved within a week or two.

but never put yourself in a position that any interviewer( whether from YouTube, msm, any other) puts you at any legal risk, such as defamation

Last edited:
By "share the strong alibi" he means reveal/disclose.

He wants the police to tell them what the "strong alibi" is.
It means he has a suspect or suspects in mind. This ties in to earlier ambiguous interview where he was talking about "behavior patterns/footprint" etc
It's interesting but frustrating that he can't say more. He might be referring to the food truck guy
Was it mentioned if the food truck guy followed the girls from Corner Club or he just saw them around the truck? Perhaps there are CCTV cameras along the route between the food truck and club? Or cameras in the club itself?

I mean, if the guy was following them for a while, he was seriously interested in one of both of the girls. On the other hand, he was not someone from their circle as they haven't talked to him, at all, whilst his behaviour around the truck is more than odd.

I was asking the other day if anyone knows if there are any cameras inside the club, but noone seems to know. Perhaps, locals could help?

Almost certainly by blood stain pattern/imprint left when killer set knife down on bed/sheets. Would reveal size and shape of knife including grip and blade. The KaBar often has a wound coarse leather grip that is pretty distinctive.
Thank you

what would you do if you were in their shoes?

Re: Survivors: Tell LE everything that I could immediately. Then get myself emotionally sorted out. Take time to think about the situation. Reach out to the other survivors. Possibly disclose information to the family members of roommates, privately, and preferably in person. MOO.

Not directed at layer, this was just the last post that I saw on this topic. I appreciated the first post about the killer using a knife because they couldn’t legally obtain a firearm. It was something that I hadn’t considered. However, I guess now I’m confused as to why there are so many posts about Idaho law. Is there a reason specific to the case that I’m missing?
There could be many reasons for killing with a knife vs a gun besides the age factor. Including
1. Preferred kill method due to training and/or previous use.
2. He may even have had a gun with him as backup if needed, but preferred the knife as he gets off on a more personal and torturous kill.

Re: Survivors: Tell LE everything that I could immediately. Then get myself emotionally sorted out. Take time to think about the situation. Reach out to the other survivors. Possibly disclose information to the family members of roommates, privately, and preferably in person. MOO.

The trauma might also cause a person to suppress memories, but over time the memories can possibly come back more clearly. MOO.

As a member of the public, my DNA test took weeks to finish processing and be accessible to me, but most of that was because of the backlog. I think in criminal cases, this gets fast-tracked. Once that test is processed and in the system (Ancestry, 23&Me, etc.) the results are immediately accessible. My own DNA results listed over 40,000 relatives (about half maternal and half paternal) who were in the system. About 1000 of those were 4th cousins or closer, and many of my matches were cousins I was able to identify by things like profile name or pic, other relationships, etc. A genealogist could likely pinpoint the killer's family line pretty easily.
Great post. Genetic genealogy. CeCe Moore. Might she help?

There could be many reasons for killing with a knife vs a gun besides the age factor. Including
2. He may even have had a gun with him as backup if needed, but preferred the knife as he gets off on a more personal and torturous kill.
I guess I’m just missing the point. To me, it doesn’t matter if the killer had a gun since the murder was committed with a knife. Jmo

There are perpetrators who get aroused by the sight of the blood. The knife provides better control over how much blood gets drawn and for long the victim will stay alive. The last part is also why many sadistic killers prefer the knife over the gun, as the latter is a fast way of killing, without much ability to prolong the agony.

On that interview with Entin where SG is saying he thinks two were cleared too quickly, it could be any of the people the police said were ruled out at that time, but I am leaning toward thinking he is not happy that the 2 roommates who haven’t given him a specific alibi. It sounds like he wants to hear what it is so he’s now publicly trying to put pressure on them to tell him. I disagree with him. I’m sure that LE has told these people don’t say what your alibi is. By saying that these folks are ruled out at this time, it leaves the door open that they may not be in the future. I’m sure that the police want to keep it that way because they still are out there trying to hunt for the real killer. I would find it really shocking if the survivors had anything to do with this. I mean, crazier things have happened, but whether it was by them or at their direction, I would just absolutely be gobsmacked, least of which is that, them not being attacked would have people questioning them in the first place.

Makes no sense IMO. Let me add, by them containing to go on tv and talk giving tidbits here and there, I’m sure that is also making anyone leery of telling them anything specific because they might announce it.

Impressed by the Goncalves's for publicly pushing LE. Don't want another Delphi, where local/state cops and FBI completely whiffed on a case that should easily have been solved within a week or two.

Their efforts are giving me hope this case will soon be solved. I think they have a pretty strong hunch who the perp is, have it narrowed down to one or two POIs. I'd love to know what they know.
Watching so much true crime, what I have learned is that the families that keep pushing law enforcement often get results. In some cases, if the families had not persisted, the case would not have been solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998