ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
My initial impression with his tone of disgust is that the second floor occupants were the targets and the third floor occupants were killed unnecessarily.

My opinion.
Thanks for the insight. This means that X and E had worse wounds than K and M or that K and M both had different means of death? It’s hard to put the pieces of the puzzle together with just snippets or sound bites.

I don’t doubt he saw his baby. Sob.

I don’t know if he saw M.

I have no idea if he saw X & E, but I doubt it.

Is he saying the ME & coroner falsified the official findings? Yikes.
I don't think so. I think he is still learning crime sleuth speak. Manner vs COD. Etc. Manner is homicide. COD is stab wounds. LE hasn't shared the fine details of the wounds with him and he is angry about that trying to put together pieces. Imo.

In my opinion, they got forensics that indicated something of interest in the 1st floor rooms, which sent them back for another look - this time with luminol. They likely wouldn't have tested the 1st floor rooms for blood before now, as the theory was no involvement there. Just my opinion. Doesn't mean the 1st floor survivors were involved, could be a houseguest they had overnight, etc. MOO. The fact they left the house with samples would indicate to me they got a hit on the luminol and took the splatters for further testing. Seems an ominous development, in my opinion.
What if a guy went home with one of the survivors said he was going to take a shower or got up when the girl was asleep and then commited the murders....

JMO but many pages ago mentioned that I felt that M or K were the target. Killer goes upstairs going after one of them specifically but finds both of them in the same bed. What was suppose to be be a quiet kill became a loud one. Noise wakes Ethan and Xana as killer comes down the steps E confronts him and is killed Xana goes running back in her room and gets killed there. E and X were killed with many defensive wounds. Possible either K or M had defensive wounds also. No doubt in my mind... one of the girls did not have any defensive wounds.
This would have to be a very strong & tall killer. He/she viciously stabs/kills K & M upstairs then confronts E, who seems to be a fairly tall & in shape young guy and this killer has enough strength to overpower and murder E and then finish off X… That takes some skill.

This scenario seems extremely messy and very loud. Wouldn’t Xana be screaming for her life? I think the 1st floor girls would’ve heard something, between the fight with E or the noise from X.

MOO

I feel it's the other way around. Kaylee wasn't the target. That's why they're talking and saying more.
I feel the same. What I got from the interview was that K wasn’t a target and that the killer didn’t have to go up those stairs to get K & M as well. Telling the police to be “alphas” I think he meant to tell the truth who was targeted.

So I’m listening to Brian Entin’s live Twitter Spaces right now (no video, it’s just audio). He’s outside the house and per the previous tweets posted, 3 LE entered and turned on lights. He said about 5 or 10 minutes ago the lights turned off but no one left. He just walked around and said he can see someone (at least one of the LE that went in) in one of the first floor bedrooms through the blinds (still no lights on). He can’t tell what they’re doing.
Forensic people using luminal or doing presumptive testing IMO

Reposting this partial transcript that I posted earlier, now that I can back up with the link.

From the Fox Interview discussion about if it was targeted:

Steve: “I’ll cut to the case, their means of death don’t match”

Jones: Maddie’s and Kaylee’s cause of death does not match based on the autopsy report?

Steve: “They don’t match”

Jone’s: Would it indicate…

Steve: “He doesn’t have to go up the steps. Let’s stop playing games guys. I need somebody to step up and be an alpha; be somebody to be a leader. Don’t make me do it. I don’t want to do it. He doesn’t have to go up those steps. Their points of damage don’t match. I’m just going to say it. It wasn’t leaked to me. I earned that. I paid for that funeral. I paid for that. It’s my right. They ain’t taken that from me.”

Kaylee Goncalves' parents hunt for answers 3 weeks after college student slayings
The interviewer shouldn't be encouraging the parents to reveal details that could be important to the investigation. They are grieving.

I would think there are many reasons the victim's wounds didn't "match."

The killer could have run out of time once he got to the second pair of victims. Some of them may have woken and fought back, since some were said to have defensive wounds.

JMO but many pages ago mentioned that I felt that M or K were the target. Killer goes upstairs going after one of them specifically but finds both of them in the same bed. What was suppose to be be a quiet kill became a loud one. Noise wakes Ethan and Xana as killer comes down the steps E confronts him and is killed Xana goes running back in her room and gets killed there. E and X were killed with many defensive wounds. Possible either K or M had defensive wounds also. No doubt in my mind... one of the girls did not have any defensive wounds.
My theory and opinion too. If Xana had locks on her door and it was closed, makes sense that Ethan opened it to investigate and confronted the killer coming down the steps. Ethan is attacked and falls back on the bed. Xana is attacked but puts up a fight. Killer then fleas out the sliding glass door after peering outside to make sure the coast is clear. MOO.

The new interview with KG parents speaks volumes. They have been so outspoken and Kaylees dad has spent more time on the ground then any of the other parents asking questions. Why hasn't he been more outspoken about where Xana and Ethan were that night?

No, my take is the father is pleading to our common sense that K&M were the targets because “he didn’t have to go up the stairs” if they weren’t.

And the father implied that he paid for a second, private autopsy. JMO.
Well, a second private autopsy would explain why he is saying the deaths aren’t the same. I took that to mean one was more damaged than the other but it can be read as different cause of death. And they were all declared to have been stabbed to death soooo…

Thanks for the insight. This means that X and E had worse wounds than K and M or that K and M both had different means of death? It’s hard to put the pieces of the puzzle together with just snippets or sound bites.

Agree. He may only have information about K and M's differences. As ticked off as he is and as much as he is biting his tongue, seems like he may have viewed both young ladies himself when they were released to the families. Or at least viewed some photos.

I just keep thinking that when he said 'he didn't have to go upstairs!' it was like the bargaining stage of grief meaning "they didn't have to die!" rather than a matter-of-fact-like statement like "he wouldn't have gone upstairs if they weren't the targets."

Indeed, I feel like he would've used "wouldn't have gone upstairs" instead of "didn't have to go upstairs" if he was implying that his daughter and her friend were the targets.

My opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member