ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
December 04, 2022

Its obvious to me from that interview, that LE dropped by SG's house to have a talk with him. SG appears apologetic or even slightly embarrassed for revealing details from the crime scene. Have a listen and see what you think.

hey to all you locals. do the kids still wear a lot of covid masks there. is it unusual for someone to have a mask on walking around that area?
I'm in Ireland and it's unusual for a young person but not completely unusual. You wouldn't really notice it. I still see older people wearing them in shops and out and about.

I was going to ask if wearing a ski mask is unusual at night in Idaho or places with similar climate?
We don't really have a cold climate here so ski masks are unusual but scarves I guess fulfill the same person

JMO again but if I were SG in the stage he's in now I don't think I'd particularly care re criminal conviction being scuppered. I wonder if there's an element of if they won't provide justice he will himself? Not a rational thought at all but an understandable one at this moment

You could be right of course, but my point was what the father was trying to communicate very emphatically and very emotionally in the interview. JMO.
Indeed.

I have to take anything that the father said with a grain of salt for three reasons:
1) His emotions are running very high (of course).
2) He undoubtedly has some personal biases.
3) He isn't an experienced investigator.

That doesn't mean that I disregard what he says, but I try to consider the lens through which he is viewing things.

Last night, it seemed to me that he was implying the chain of command by Saying things like “be an alpha”, “be a leader”, etc. IIRC, he said “didn’t have to go up the steps”, not upstairs. This morning he switched it to talking about the killer did not have to physically go upstairs. This is fine but what did the alpha and leader talk refer to last night? IMO
It was never unclear. But somehow people were confused so he clarified. When he says alpha he just wants someone to take the lead, stick their neck out and not worry about losing their job. IMO

The second floor windows are symmetrical and the first floor ones aren't so if you mean the pic of the person through the lighted window, that seems to be the second floor.
He did a live Twitter space last night and I believe he mentioned the floor in question.

Indeed.

I have to take anything that the father said with a grain of salt for three reasons:
1) His emotions are running very high (of course).
2) He undoubtedly has some personal biases.
3) He isn't an experienced investigator.

That doesn't mean that I disregard what he says, but I try to consider the lens through which he is viewing things
I would take his word over anyone not on the case directly. That’s a far cry from a grain of salt. You can take that with a grain of salt however.

Kaylee's dad clarified this morning on Fox that his statement about not having to go upstairs was about the killer... i.e. that having come in on the 2nd floor, going upstairs shows he targeted someone up there. Also, he affirmed that Maddie's and Kaylee's injuries are different, but LE advised him to comment no further than that.

I read this on social media... no link yet...

hey to all you locals. do the kids still wear a lot of covid masks there. is it unusual for someone to have a mask on walking around that area?
I see one mask on a camera operator at the vigil, but none on the students in the crowd:

The thing for me is, if this was a random killer who targeted the house in general for one reason or another, he could've sat in the parking lot behind the house (which is elevated on a hill) and watched everyone but those roommates on the first floor turn their lights out (because he wouldn't have seen those lights). In other words, maybe he went upstairs simply because he knew someone was up there, not necessarily because he had a beef with either one.

Having said that, he also could've found out via social media or otherwise that the one victim was coming back into town for the weekend and was triggered to act by that fact.

My opinion.
Would somebody please explain what targeting a house even means? Like why didn’t the perp just set fire to it?

If these murders were driven by rage (which IMO is practically undeniable), is the killer enraged by the house or the people in it?

He did a live Twitter space last night and I believe he mentioned the floor in question.
There’s been so much confusion re: floors. Would have been so much clearer to say Top, Middle, Bottom. Instead we have 1/2 saying Basement, 1, 2 and half saying 1,2,3.

Last edited by a moderator:
JMOO, First thing I would check is former military enrolled and stake out the mental health unit.
On the knife. it is not that hard to conceal and in most rural areas most people esp farmers and hunters carry them in the open. Plus, this was the tail end of most of the hunting season so walking around dressed in Camo with a knife on the hip would not seem that strange.

The killer seems to have had a personal vendetta against at least one of these victims. This does not appear to be totally random but a hate-filled crime. Either the killer personally knew her or was a stalker and felt like he did. If you trace her social media analytics on Instagram in the weeks and months leading up to the killing, you will find your guy. This person would have been consumed and obsessed. There’s no way he didn’t leave a digital footprint of his stalking.
Best and most optimistic post yet to this plumber. Please let today be the day this is solved. Thank you for keeping hope alive SpitfireRedhead.

Last edited:
Well considering the gag order just issued for the Delphi case. They can "gag" whoever they want with regards to sharing to the public. JMO

It just happened in the Delphi case. Family of the victims are in the gag order.

You’re right, they gagged family members, even though the gag was issued over the defense attorney’s press release, but that was after an arrest. That makes a difference, there’s a case in the court.
There’s no case here for a judge to preside over, only an investigation.

Would somebody please explain what targeting a house even means? Like why didn’t the perp just set fire to it?

If these murders were driven by rage (which IMO is practically undeniable), is the killer enraged by the house or the people in it?

We've discussed this several times, so I'll be brief.

EARONS (Joseph De Angelo) stalked neighborhoods, looking for houses that met certain criteria. There is no evidence he knew any of his victims. He wanted single story houses with a certain type of configuration. He may have made maps of escape routes from various areas, preferring houses that abutted utility easements or open space. Or, houses that had no house across the street. IOW, he didn't want to get caught. His victims were mostly adults, but of both sexes.

THe Nightstalker chose houses that had a certain kind of window that opened easily, mostly single family dwellings (with 1-2 exceptions). He moved around Los Angeles rather widely and may have begun his crimes by being a burglar. He stayed in the house after the death of its occupants, eating their food (EARONS sometimes did this too). Middle class neighborhoods were preferred by Nightstalker.

Manson chose houses according to both mystical means and his own lived experience (which houses he knew). The same people were not living in the Tate house when it was attacked (I believe he had been there before).

I could go on. Some killers are opportunistic, starting out with other, lesser crimes, getting proficient at that, then going over the line into murder. They study neighborhoods. My neighbor across the street has been robbed 6 times, 4 of those times they were on vacation and someone cleared watched our neighborhood to realize that. When their RV was gone from the front yard for a couple of days, it was likely they weren't coming back for a few weeks. So I think their perp was local to our neighborhood. Also in my own neighborhood, there have been recent break-ins to houses and cars, but no houses with cameras were targeted. Entry is made through the back of the house (no ring cameras) but some people have cameras along the perimeter of their house (we do) and those houses are avoided. So, houses without cameras are being targeted (as well as cars in driveways without cameras).

Etc etc

Re stalker: Maybe not.
IMo SG may believe many things that LE publicly states or rules out is not the case.
E.g., i n the grub video, one of the girls takes a selfie when someone is right behind her. There so many troubling things in that video.
We know SC has said 1 or more people were ruled out too hastily. That implies he thinks 1 of them is the perp.
Of course LE could be putting things out publicly so as not to let perp know they are planning to nab him soon. Meaning they do believe someone is a POI and maybe have agents 24/7 on him.
JMO.
for sure
I have no doubt that SG believes many things but that's what I was trying to get at when I said ' assumptions'. He believes. It's a belief.

nature abhors a vacuum, as that old saying goes
Distraught parent with little factual info might try & connect stuff which might not be reliable, but is in line with their beliefs. I do it myself and I'm not even bereaved !

I do agree with you that events at the Grub Bus is still a big question mark, but .....equally so is the fraternity party & E&X's activities.
It's hard to pin anything down with this case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member