ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

''Retired FBI profiler Mary Ellen O'Toole said there's a 50% chance the killer could attend the Idaho student victims' funerals because of the brazenness of the attack''​

"Sometimes offenders show up," said Mary Ellen O'Toole, who once worked in the bureau's prestigious behavioral analysis unit.

"They may take a lot of pleasure in thinking that they got away with the crime, and so going to a service like this where they can walk around and people don't realize who they are, that can certainly feed into that kind of egotistical response," she said.''

"There’s an arrogance about this crime, there’s a high-risk nature," she said, noting that the offender entered a home occupied by six people "where there was every conceivable possibility he would have had his a-- kicked."

"before getting a ride home together in what Steve described as a sorrority designated driver service"

Source
From the very beginning my suspect was that it was a rideshare or false rideshare driver. if that is the case then he is probably unknown to everyone and has no dna. not familial dna in the system and will never be found until he gets caught somewhere else. sad. jfif

sorry, had already closed that link but I missed any reference to a man called ' Steve'
Steve is K's dad.
From the very beginning my suspect was that it was a rideshare or false rideshare driver. if that is the case then he is probably unknown to everyone and has no dna. not familial dna in the system and will never be found until he gets caught somewhere else. sad. jfif
Sounded to me like K's dad knew exactly who it was.

From thread 19 from travelingpartyof 5

“Absolutely, yes— this idea. I am wondering too. The combination of one family saying the daughter complained of having a stalker and another family saying Dad just changed Xana’s locks leads me to think something creepy was happening.”

Do you have a link for Xana’s dad saying he changed her locks? I would like to read that in the original source, thank you!
I found it!

I realized I am now looking at the case through A different prism. I just always assumed that the other people at the house that morning were relatives of the victims the girls called to come over before 911. But maybe that could be in addition to Friends or boyfriends of the survivors as well. And then that made me realize that the surviving roommates could’ve had company that night. That maybe other people were in the house that night who visited and left, or who stayed over. That really changes things I hadn't considered.

And, although it’s pretty hard to think of someone who has no history of murder previously doing this and then blending into society without acting strangely at minimum, if there is no DNA in the system, I think it is going to be very difficult unless they can prove an alibi was false. Maybe that is what K’s father was alluding to because it sure sounded like he was saying that someone‘s alibi wasn’t adding up. Is there is no DNA in the database, they’ll have to try for ancestral DNA or I’m not sure what else. I get back to my usual question which is, what does it take to establish probable cause to search a suspect‘s apartment and car. Otherwise, if it is someone who has been to the home previously, I suspect the DNA at the home would be challenged by a defense attorney. To me, it has to be that there is blood and victim‘s DNA at their apt or car that would have no reason to be there otherwise. They can’t just go in and search without probable cause. I hope that this is solved soon

Last edited:
LE stated on their website that the private party who drove K and M home wasn't involved, so they must know the driver's identity.

I hope this link works, it was provided to us by @thatssoamy on the previous thread. It is a link to the memorial service that was held yesterday for the victims of the murder and was organized by Xana's family.

I am reposting it on this new thread in case anyone wants to watch it. The first speaker, after the pastor, is Maddie's boyfriend, Jake. Xana's father, sister, and aunt also spoke at the service. The last speaker was Ethan's best friend, Hunter J. Sounds like he and his girlfriend, E, were very close to Ethan and Xana and spent a lot of time together.

After Hunter J. spoke, the pastor read two letters written by the surviving roommates. Each one of the surviving roommates talked about each of the victims and what they meant to her. IMO, it showed how close the personal relationships were with all of the members of the house, how deeply engaged each one of them were with one another, and how much each member of the house loved one another. Their heartfelt remarks really shed light on how integrated the lives of the 5 young women were, and also with Ethan.

JMO. And thanks to @thatssoamy for contacting the church and getting this link for us, so that those of us who missed the live ceremony could watch the video.

Edited to add:
Pastor reads surviving roommates' letters around the 2:57:24 mark.

Also added last name initial for speaker that was Ethan's best friend, Hunter J. who spoke at the service, so as not to confuse him with Ethan's sibling who has same first name).

Last edited:
From thread 19 from travelingpartyof 5

“Absolutely, yes— this idea. I am wondering too. The combination of one family saying the daughter complained of having a stalker and another family saying Dad just changed Xana’s locks leads me to think something creepy was happening.”

Do you have a link for Xana’s dad saying he changed her locks? I would like to read that in the original source, thank you!
Maybe X didn’t want people using her things or crashing in her room if she was out. She also needed a place to keep valuables. If this was a party house I can see that happening.

I personally feel that the people LE said were cleared are cleared. (At least for now)
I do feel they have alibis and can prove where they were.

Can you imagine if they weren't?
City leaders have an obligation to provide public safety. (Sorta...)

I don't feel they "cleared someone" and then just didn't look at them again if evidence points in a cleared person's direction.
However, I don't believe they have any evidence that "cleared people" are involved.

It has happened in the past that a cleared person was eventually the perp, but it isn't very common.

I really don't feel LE is bluffing people.
However, I don't believe LE is 100% clearing people, it's just that at this time, there is no evidence that any of the "cleared people" are involved.

And LE is telling the public, "Please leave these people alone"

Last edited:

I hope this link works, it was provided to us by @thatssoamy on the previous thread. It is a link to the memorial service that was held yesterday for the victims of the murder and was organized by Xana's family.

I am reposting it on this new thread in case anyone wants to watch it. The first speaker, after the pastor, is Maddie's boyfriend, Jake. Xana's father, sister, and aunt also spoke at the service. The last speaker was Ethan's best friend, Hunter. Sounds like he and his girlfriend were very close to Ethan and Xana and spent a lot of time together.

After Hunter, the pastor read two letters written by the surviving roommates. Each one of the surviving roommates talked about each of the victims and what they meant to her. IMO, it showed how close the personal relationships were with all of the members of the house, how deeply engaged each one of them were with one another, and how much each member of the house loved one another. Their heartfelt remarks really shed light on how integrated the lives of the 5 young women were, and also with Ethan.

JMO. And thanks to @thatssoamy for contacting the church and getting this link for us, so that those of us who missed the live ceremony could watch the video.

Edited to add:
Hunter is Ethan’s brother, one of his triplet siblings

Hunter is Ethan’s brother, one of his triplet siblings
The speaker was a different Hunter. I didn't post his last name here, but let me get the initial of his last name so that he doesn't get confused with Ethan's brother.

Edited to add: The speaker was Hunter J., I don't want to use his last name here, but he was Ethan's best friend (not to be confused with Ethan's sibling named Hunter).

Last edited:
“Homicides by stabbing, especially involving female victims, are quiet common in Italy as they represent about the 25 % of the total amount of homicides.”
****warning**** graphic pics in link below.

I am reposting it on this new thread in case anyone wants to watch it. The first speaker, after the pastor, is Maddie's boyfriend, Jake. Xana's father, sister, and aunt also spoke at the service. The last speaker was Ethan's best friend, Hunter J. Sounds like he and his girlfriend, E, were very close to Ethan and Xana and spent a lot of time together.

After Hunter J. spoke, the pastor read two letters written by the surviving roommates. Each one of the surviving roommates talked about each of the victims and what they meant to her. IMO, it showed how close the personal relationships were with all of the members of the house, how deeply engaged each one of them were with one another, and how much each member of the house loved one another. Their heartfelt remarks really shed light on how integrated the lives of the 5 young women were, and also with Ethan.

Edited to add:

Also added last name initial for speaker that was Ethan's best friend, Hunter J. who spoke at the service, so as not to confuse him with Ethan's sibling who has same first name).
I have not watched the video. H***er is also the name of Ethan’s brother, I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have faith in law enforcement. I do believe they will figure this out.

Agencies and/or schools and/or public officials that do not inform the public about certain necessary facts of, and the inherent risks associated with, a brutal, sadistic crime that was targeted against the largest sector of a community's population, are unreliable by default.

My opinion.

“Homicides by stabbing, especially involving female victims, are quiet common in Italy as they represent about the 25 % of the total amount of homicides.”
****warning**** graphic pics in link below.
A lot considering it is 10%-11% here in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member