ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took what he was saying as perhaps the killer didn't know the layout of the house and thought the 'targets' (E and X, implied) were upstairs and went up there first. His tone of voice didn't indicate that he thought his daughter was a target to me. Seemed more angry and disgusted that the killer chose to go upstairs when 'he didn't have to'. The killer may not have seen or realized that there was another bedroom tucked away in the corner on the second level until coming back downstairs.

Again, first impressions.

My opinion.
With all due respect to parents... what they say has ZERO validity as to what really happened. They simply don't know at this point. Not saying what they have to say isn't important, just not evidence.

Kaylees dad is grieving and so some of his answers don’t make sense sometimes. I encourage all to relisten to his interview. I really do think he was not referring to the steps of the house but to the steps LE needs to take when releasing info to him.
I feel so awful for every single family member. I know without question, LE is working their butts off to find answers. Kaylee’s parents are struggling because they need answers faster! I do agree, KG’s
Mom and sister being on social media platforms may make them feel more rushed to catch she bad guy? IMO

The fact he mentioned the causes of death not matching along with the steps comment leads me to thinking he believes X & E were the targets.
Did the interviewer ask him if Kaylee’s wounds were different from Maddie’s?

With all due respect to parents... what they say has ZERO validity as to what really happened. They simply don't know at this point. Not saying what they have to say isn't important, just not evidence.
I don't know if that's quite true. I take what they say with a grain of salt but I'll also listen to anything they have to say.

Either way, criticizing any of these families for their responses is ridiculous. Imagine being in their shoes. I feel it’s clear Steve knows things that he isn’t supposed to share. But he is at a breaking point. LE needs to get ahold of the situation. It almost seems they don’t have an organized plan for the communication aspect of this case.

I feel so awful for every single family member. I know without question, LE is working their butts off to find answers. Kaylee’s parents are struggling because they need answers faster! I do agree, KG’s
Mom and sister being on social media platforms may make them feel more rushed to catch she bad guy? IMO
Agreed. Just don’t know how the steps comment was so taken out of context :/

Kaylees dad is grieving and so some of his answers don’t make sense sometimes.
Yeah, and I kind of wish the reporters would just leave him alone and let him grieve. I'm sure he wouldn't keep doing these interviews if he didn't want to. Everybody processes grief differently. It just hurts to see... :(

If it has zero validity and isn''t evidence, then they should be able to talk to whomever the hell they want and say whatever the hell they want and whenever the hell they want, and not be continually admonished by officials who have given them 3 weeks of exactly zilch.

My opinion.

It stands out to me that he repeated "he didn't have to go up the steps" twice.

Seems like he believes Ethan and/or Xana were targets.

But if Kaylee and Maddie's cause of death don't match, then I'd think the person who was more severely attacked (which is what her dad seems to have been implying) was a target. Piecing this together - were Xana and Maddie the targets? As others have pointed out, they worked together and were part of the same sorority.
My gut tells me M and X were targets…I really feel it ties back to the sorority, possibly their workplace. The killer HAD to go to both rooms/floors.

I took what he was saying as perhaps the killer didn't know the layout of the house and thought the 'targets' (E and X, implied) were upstairs and went up there first. His tone of voice didn't indicate that he thought his daughter was a target to me. Seemed more angry and disgusted that the killer chose to go upstairs when 'he didn't have to'. The killer may not have seen or realized that there was another bedroom tucked away in the corner on the second level until coming back downstairs.

Again, first impressions.

My opinion.

It's certainly possible. I could also see him frustrated that LE won't say it was K or M because it might help find the killer. so hard to know. If X and E were the targets, it would explain E's family's distance.

Either way, criticizing any of these families for their responses is ridiculous. Imagine being in their shoes. I feel it’s clear Steve knows things that he isn’t supposed to share. But he is at a breaking point. LE needs to get ahold of the situation. It almost seems they don’t have an organized plan for the communication aspect of this case.
A lot of his frustration seems to be the inconsistency of what’s being given to the family since his wife had just finished saying LE told them it was targeted (but not who), it wasn’t targeted, then the house was targeted, etc.

I realized I am now looking at the case through A different prism. I just always assumed that the other people at the house that morning were relatives of the victims the girls called to come over before 911. But maybe that could be in addition to Friends or boyfriends of the survivors as well. And then that made me realize that the surviving roommates could’ve had company that night. That maybe other people were in the house that night who visited and left, or who stayed over. That really changes things I hadn't considered.

And, although it’s pretty hard to think of someone who has no history of murder previously doing this and then blending into society without acting strangely at minimum, if there is no DNA in the system, I think it is going to be very difficult unless they can prove an alibi was false. Maybe that is what K’s father was alluding to because it sure sounded like he was saying that someone‘s alibi wasn’t adding up. Is there is no DNA in the database, they’ll have to try for ancestral DNA or I’m not sure what else. I get back to my usual question which is, what does it take to establish probable cause to search a suspect‘s apartment and car. Otherwise, if it is someone who has been to the home previously, I suspect the DNA at the home would be challenged by a defense attorney. To me, it has to be that there is blood and victim‘s DNA at their apt or car that would have no reason to be there otherwise. They can’t just go in and search without probable cause. I hope that this is solved soon
I don’t see how someone could do a crime like this and NOT leave DNA but if all the DNA found is of people either living in the house or previously had access to it because of relationships/friendships with the victims then I think that says a lot about who offender might be. I don’t think the killer is a random stranger.

Kaylees dad is grieving and so some of his answers don’t make sense sometimes. I encourage all to relisten to his interview. I really do think he was not referring to the steps of the house but to the steps LE needs to take when releasing info to him.
that could be it, too. good point. what a mess, a sad, sad, scary mess.

Yup, he's probably on some prescription medication. My aunt lost her daughter, my cousin a year ago and she was taking doctor prescribed medication while mourning. It was hard to understand her sometimes.

A lot of his frustration seems to be the inconsistency of what’s being given to the family since his wife had just finished saying LE told them it was targeted (but not who), it wasn’t targeted, then the house was targeted, etc.
Seems LE has been extremely vague, and even wishy washy with the families. It also seems like Steve and the family knows things FOR A FACT that aren’t being released to the public yet. And it’s frustrating for them.

Just saw the interview and my initial impression is that when he said 'Let's be real here. He didn't have to go up the stairs' when asked what he felt about LE flip-flopping on specific versus general targeting, he was implying that the targets were already eliminated on the second floor and there was no need to go any further than that ('up the stairs'). Again, that's a snap impression with not a ton of thought just yet.

It could also imply that he didn't know where his intended targets were and went up the stairs first to find them (E and X, hypothetically) yet 'didn't have to'.

He also said the wounds were different upstairs, and I have heard some pretty awful alleged 'inside' stuff about that, so I hope those rumors are utterly untrue.

My opinion.
I haven't seen the interview, but based on the transcript, it sounds like SG is saying "stop this targeted vs. non targeted -- the killer went out of their way to go upstairs and kill M & my K." It sounds like he's saying that based on differences in the level of brutality that one of them -- I'm guessing he means his daughter -- was the main target.

JMO

If it has zero validity and isn''t evidence, then they should be able to talk to whomever the hell they want and say whatever the hell they want and whenever the hell they want, and not be continually admonished by officials who have given them 3 weeks of exactly zilch.

My opinion.
Isn’t that what’s been happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members