ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
You, know a guy with that kind of knife probably has a collection of knives. They may want to look at people in that area or region and find out who the big knife purchasers are. Bread crumbs on amazon, ebay etc.

Go into a Big 5 Sporting Goods and you'll see a section of all kinds of of knifes like this. I hope they are indeed checking knife sales.

UGNp12etjX9pd-hhalzA5KOQwTNmpomNo3fNF5zS490.jpg

I disagree. I think if LE would give the families even limited information (for their sanity and a sense of control where there is none!) K’s parents wouldn’t have felt the need to speak out.
When LE sits a suspect down to interrogate them. The suspect might say something that only LE knows. Then they know they have their guy. If that knowledge is public, LE does not have that edge. You tell families too much and you end up with info being made public which does not help catch a killer. Imo.

I feel the same. What I got from the interview was that K wasn’t a target and that the killer didn’t have to go up those stairs to get K & M as well. Telling the police to be “alphas” I think he meant to tell the truth who was targeted.
The only hiccup is the interviewer clarifying if Kaylee and Maddie had different methods of attack from one another (when they were both attacked in the same bed), as opposed to asking them if Ethan and/or Xana had different methods of attack from M+K.

The new interview with KG parents speaks volumes. They have been so outspoken and Kaylees dad has spent more time on the ground then any of the other parents asking questions. Why hasn't he been more outspoken about where Xana and Ethan were that night?
He won’t speak for the other victims, he feels that he has the right to speak of his daughter and of M. He has said in the past that M’s parents had chosen not to speak but allowed him to speak on their behalf, I believe. It is not that he doesn’t want to discuss X&K, but he respects that it is not his place.

Agree. He may only have information about K and M's differences. As ticked off as he is and as much as he is biting his tongue, seems like he may have viewed both young ladies himself when they were released to the families. Or at least viewed some photos.

I just keep thinking that when he said 'he didn't have to go upstairs!' it was like the bargaining stage of grief meaning "they didn't have to die!" rather than a matter-of-fact-like statement like "he wouldn't have gone upstairs if they weren't the targets."

Indeed, I feel like he would've used "wouldn't have gone upstairs" instead of "didn't have to go upstairs" if he was implying that his daughter and her friend were the targets.

My opinion.
His grief is palpable.

It is hard uto watch. I pray that hewill stay strong, and cause the investigators to examine their consciences.

Are they really doing all they can?

With a million dollar budget, can they do more?

Because he probably knows absolutely nothing about it. MOO He's also repeatedly said he doesn't feel comfortable speaking about them since he didn't know them in the same way he did his daughter and M.
MOO i feel like he would be screaming n shouting about it more if he didn't know and demanding that information!

Go into a Big 5 Sporting Goods and you'll see a section of all kinds of of knifes like this. I hope they are indeed checking knife sales.

UGNp12etjX9pd-hhalzA5KOQwTNmpomNo3fNF5zS490.jpg

I'd even go out on a limb and say since this guy probably hid or buried his murder weapon, he may go out and try to buy a similar replacement. So not only look for somebody who has bought a number of knives in the past but somebody who may in the future, buy the type of knife they are looking for.

The only hiccup is the interviewer clarifying if Kaylee and Maddie had different methods of attack from one another (when they were both attacked in the same bed), as opposed to asking them if Ethan and/or Xana had different methods of attack from M+K.
Yes, if the women's wounds were significantly different from the only male victim, it's possible the women were targeted.

MOO i feel like he would be screaming n shouting about it more if he didn't know and demanding that information!
I disagree. I think his primary interest and concern is finding out what happened to his daughter (and rightfully so.) It's not his place to jump in and demand publicly or privately for LE to release information about someone whom he has no next of kin relationship to. Those families and victims have their own right to privacy right now.

I'd also argue some of what he's doing is counterproductive to his own goals concerning his daughter, but he certainly has a right as the parent of a victim to want answers about his kid. That doesn't trump the other families' needs or rights or wishes concerning their own children. MOO

When LE sits a suspect down to interrogate them. The suspect might say something that only LE knows. Then they know they have their guy. If that knowledge is public, LE does not have that edge. You tell families too much and you end up with info being made public which does not help catch a killer. Imo.

The issue is that there are likely multiple witnesses to the discovery of the bodies, where they were located, and what, if any, distinguishing characteristics applied to each murder. Those folks are not likely to stay quiet for much longer if they continue to see the parents' frustrations with a lack of information about how, and perhaps even why, their children were killed.

My opinion.

In my opinion, they got forensics that indicated something of interest in the 1st floor rooms, which sent them back for another look - this time with luminol. They likely wouldn't have tested the 1st floor rooms for blood before now, as the theory was no involvement there. Just my opinion. Doesn't mean the 1st floor survivors were involved, could be a houseguest they had overnight, etc. MOO. The fact they left the house with samples would indicate to me they got a hit on the luminol and took the splatters for further testing. Seems an ominous development, in my opinion.
Good points! What if when (allegedly) one of the 1st floor roommates heard a noise upstairs & scrambled into the other 1st floor’s room and **locked** the door. This lock really was a deterrent. And the killer may have been tired by this point and didn’t have the energy to break the locked door down.
However, the killer may have come down to the 1st floor **empty bedroom** & shed some blood or DNA around? Maybe that’s what LE was gathering and that room hadn’t really been a big focus before?

I disagree. I think his primary interest and concern is finding out what happened to his daughter (and rightfully so.) It's not his place to jump in and demand publicly or privately for LE to release information about someone whom he has no next of kin relationship to. Those families and victims have their own right to privacy right now.

I'd also argue some of what he's doing is counterproductive to his own goals concerning his daughter, but he certainly has a right as the parent of a victim to want answers about his kid. That doesn't trump the other families' needs or rights or wishes concerning their own children. MOO
They had kaylees text n phone records they were privvy to SOME information before the LE.

They had kaylees text n phone records they were privvy to SOME information before the LE.
I don't really see how that's related. Of course they had that information--she is their daughter and on their phone plans and they can access it as account holders or because they shared family passwords. That doesn't mean he knows things about the other victims or has a right to release whatever he does know about them. MOO

Imo, SG needs to stay out of the media. I fear the killer is watching and feeding off his pain. Imo.
I had that feeling, too, tonight.

The killer is watching every time Steve speaks. He is sitting there gloating, sadistically, enjoying the father's grief.

He is a coward, harming innocent unarmed kids in their sleep. He is a sneak, a thief, and a liar, and has been like that his whole life.

His sins will find him out.

I agree.

I would hope that LE knows which pair were killed first (I would assume they have some evidence there). But the father implies that the killer went up the stairs because that's where his primary target was.

There might also be good evidence about whether K or M was killed first, giving dad a particular perspective (which he really really wants to share with the world, and I would feel the same way as he does).

I hope LE has good reasons for doing things exactly as they are doing them. I assume they do.
I concur. I’ve heard some pretty grisly things being over where I am, so I’m sure Kaylee’s parents have heard that too & so much more. I do hope they’re getting grief/trauma counseling of some kind. A spokesperson might be prudent. All of those poor families are in shock. I pray for justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong