ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
My theory and opinion too. If Xana had locks on her door and it was closed, makes sense that Ethan opened it to investigate and confronted the killer coming down the steps. Ethan is attacked and falls back on the bed. Xana is attacked but puts up a fight. Killer then fleas out the sliding glass door after peering outside to make sure the coast is clear. MOO.

It is the most likely version, but I am wondering about the “house was targeted” situation.

It is an unlikely, but still possible, situation, when someone hides something in one of the rooms. Anything, money, jewelry, whatever. It may not be even the owner who hid it. The owner might even be unaware. The attacker comes to steal the hidden. He goes to room A, assuming what he came for is there, kill the people in Room A, searches and finds nothing.

After that, he goes uprtairs/downstairs in Room B, kills its inhabitants and finds what he was after.

There is no need to go to room C (basement) because he got what he came for. So the survivors are alive simply because he found whatever he was looking for.

In this case, he may, indeed, be targeting not the people but the house, or rather, its contents that are somehow linked to people but hidden in an unexpected place; maybe someone rehid it. And the sequence of killings might be different. He might have started with second floor and went up to the third one when he didn’t find anything on the second floor. Or vise versa. The person who is viewed as “the target” might, indeed, differ from the rest, but it could be merely the representation of the killer’s frustration rather than someone being the target. And maybe in this hypothetical situation, one would expect two people resembling “targets”.

JMO, merely an idea, trying to explain how and when a house might be “targeted”.

While I agree, I also couldn’t imagine lacking such empathy that I’d outright tell a grieving father to sit down and stay quiet about the murder of his daughter. JMO
I don’t think anyone is telling a grieving father to sit down and stay quiet. Yes, there may be specific things he can’t talk about on national television at the moment for the good of the investigation but that is a far cry from what you’re alluding to.
MOO

While I agree, I also couldn’t imagine lacking such empathy that I’d outright tell a grieving father to sit down and stay quiet about the murder of his daughter. JMO
Who told him to sit down and stay quiet? Could LE have asked them to please not reveal any information to the public and it was misinterpreted somehow?

Ugh, this murder case is so disturbing. I do not believe anything that officials are putting out there to the public. I do believe it was a male person that committed these murders but I also wonder if a jealous female put him up to it. There was some talk early on of a stalker as well as an interview that purportedly suggested, by an Aunt of a victim, that jealousy may have been an issue. And no, I cannot reference anything to say what I read/heard to reference why I feel this way. Consider murder for hire. If there was a jealous sorority sister could she have put her "man of the hour" up to killing these four for personal gain or vengeance? The police want to assure the public that this murder of four was targeted, I see the possibility of a vengeful and conniving female possibly behind this heinous slaughter and therefore would not look at the usual suspects at this point. Women and young female children can be brutal and do kill. Just something to think about.

I am so confused by this case. I wonder if somehow an axe was used in which handle and sharp edge could be used to kill someone. Maybe the knife as well. There is a new axe throwing venue that opened up in Moscow sometime in Oct that shows various sharp edge axes and it got me thinking. LE knows so much more than divulging. I pray that the UI students go home and do remote until there's a suspect in custody who is convicted by jury. A killer of 4 is on the loose and it is astonishing that there is not a profile of killer released by LE/FBI 3 weeks post killings. Was there some sort of tool room in the house that killer had access to? Also, Maddie's jacket at Grub truck place seemed pretty large on her...did she borrow a guy's jacket that night? Are all of the outfits that victim's wore Sat 11/12 night of partying at crime scene? Reports are the ex-boyfriend that was called by K&M was sleeping between 2:25am and 2:52am, but when he finally woke up, did he call M&K back morning of 11/13 or show up at house? Also, what were the shared arrangements of Murphy? The dog was so darn cute, that I would think both would want to see every day whether or not the relationship was ex or not. The grub hoodie guy...who determined it was the Jack S? LE will not even give the hoodie guy a name. Weird case overall and I think the problem is that LE is somehow trying to protect UI enrollment. Four humans are dead and LE received $1M to determine who did this and needs to stop the game playing and state the facts as they know it in order to catch killer and make Moscow community safe again. Until killer is behind bars, the community is at risk of more deaths.

Kaylee’s family has probably been reluctant on the ability of all law enforcement personnel (involved) stemming from the very beginning. Since it was Kaylee’s sister who found the Ring footage. She may have originally clued in to the food truck footage too. Factor in the strange reluctance from LE to coincide the Ring footage to their timeline and this is probably a rocky relationship for both parties.

I mentioned it earlier, but there is frustration from the grieving process and there is probably frustration from LE not wanting the family to speak. Only for LE and other affiliates to subsequently make statements which contradict one another literally the following day.

The only people with a professional responsibility to protect the integrity of the investigation, are the investigators and the prosecutor. Part of achieving that is communicating with the parents. Of course, feeling like they are being left out is going to cause these parents to feel alienated and anxious. imo.

Le may not want to give them specific info on the crime scene or investigation but at least give them a daily summation of some kind.”we spent x amount of hours going through video. We sent investigators to talk to professors.” Something of that nature.

To keep them totally in the dark is just cold.

Xana’s mom said in a recent interview that she feels one of the victims or all the victims was close to the killer and knew them.

Do you feel these murder victims truly knew the Killer or killers?

IMHO - statistically, the chance of the killer being a local/semi-local/non-random is higher than a random, unknown, out-of-town stalker/killer. If the killer is local, given how small the town is, the chance of the perpetrator being known to at least some of the victims is quite high.

There is a possibility of a random stalker/killer. I am wonderIng how much the stalker would stand out in this case in Moscow, Idaho. He has to be super average and resemble a student.

I doubt it is a person who saw someone on IG or FB, merely because in this case survivors would be less likely,

SBM BBM

SG: “He doesn’t have to go up the steps! Let’s stop playing games! Guys! I need somebody to step up and be an alpha, be somebody to be a leader! Don’t make me do it! I don’t wanna do it! He doesn’t have to go up those steps. They’re mad. Their, their points of damage don’t match. I’m just gonna say it... Wasn’t leaked to me, I earned that. I payed for that funeral. I paid for that. It’s my right! You ain’t takin’ that from me!

Mom: “Calm down.”

SG: “If you don’t wanna say nothing, that’s your bed... But don’t say I’m leakin’ anything, I paid that bill! I sent my daughter to college to get an education, she came back in a box, and I can speak on that.”

***They then begin discussing the 911 call and Kaylee’s parents don’t know about that. They’re concerned that it’s three weeks out and they don’t want it to go cold. They’re talking about raising money for a reward and hire a third party PI.

They ask for forgiveness from LE if the case is not going cold. They talk about Familial DNA, IT, etc…

LJ promises them he won’t go anywhere.

**Edited for clarity
i'm thinking he doesn't mean stairs, as so many are substituting.

i think he's talking about their LE liason, that "he" doesn't have to go up those steps of protocol to divulge information. Then he says it directly....step up and be an alpha....... (don't use the excuse you have to go up those steps before you can say anything to us!)

I think he would have said "didn't" have to go up those steps if he had been referring to the murderer.

Also agree that this wasn't some person who had previous contact and for some reason then decided to carry out an attack of epic proportions. This attack was perpetrated by a cold calculating killer with expertise you don't see with people who would normally be in contact (casual or otherwise) with the victims beforehand. Was this a first time kill for the perp? I doubt it. Just my intuition here.
I’ve had these same thoughts. Why would FBI bring in the CIRG Unit if they weren’t concerned it was planned and calculated by a killer who was not in their social crowd. Has anyone heard of any Google Earth and/or GPS being utilized yet?

Exactly. If LE is interviewing suspects and the FBI is checking alibis, *words matter*. Alibis matter. Key pieces of the crime scene matter that only the perp & LE would know. Perpetrators slip up upon RE-interviews with the Investigators that have been doing this a long time.

Don’t let it leak out where the girls bodies were found (“together in the same bed”) or that the “means of death” were different. The family needs Crisis Counseling but they don’t need to compromise a critical & active investigation.
Most of us here have been studying crime cases for a long time & know how critical this is. It has nothing to due with a lack of empathy for the family.

follow up interview, ask the suspect to tell the story backwards, '...so wait, I'm confused... I thought you said this, can you run that again, etc.' and look for what drops out.

I hope that the families are getting some counseling. sg sounds like he really wants to 'do' something, but he doesn't understand what LE is doing or why, so he's making the leap that it doesn't need to be done that way. And a private PI - oy, the potential for evidence issues. The defense will love that.

What if a guy went home with one of the survivors said he was going to take a shower or got up when the girl was asleep and then commited the murders....
Anything is possible. But, my thinking is we'd have his mugshot on our screens by now if that were the case. Then again, there's the whole 'need more evidence to point at him' standpoint we see in cases. So, it's possible.

I'm mostly veering towards somebody on the periphery. No one person in particular, just speaking in general terms.

Jmo

i'm thinking he doesn't mean stairs, as so many are substituting.

i think he's talking about their LE liason, that "he" doesn't have to go up those steps of protocol to divulge information. Then he says it directly....step up and be an alpha....... (don't use the excuse you have to go up those steps before you can say anything to us!)

I think he would have said "didn't" have to go up those steps if he had been referring to the murderer.
Good Perspective! I had not thought of that!

I also think that the mass media attention to this case, along with the websleuthing world being involved makes it less likely for someone to be as brazen as to show up at one or more funerals - especially since it has been reported that the killer would likely do so.

That’s a an entirely different level of brazen (or stupidity)
But what if someone would be expected to attend the funerals, and might be afraid of not going, because of that?

This man is quite measured compared to the scorched earth that would surely be in my wake had this happened to my own daughter. I can't fathom his pain and the lengths that he is going to just to simply breathe, let alone compose himself.

My opinion.
And what if LE kindly asked you not to talk about certain details and explained to you that talking about those details would hurt their chances of finding your daughter’s killer? Would you listen to them?
I’m all for SG talking to keep this case active - go on tv every single night and tell the world what an amazing daughter K was and what an amazing friend M was. Talk about his loss, his pain, talk about what he wants to do in the future to memorialize K, etc. Talk about anything he wants except the few certain details that LE has asked him to keep quiet. I don’t understand the disconnect there.

MOO

Doubtful any of the grieving parents are going to be 'happy' with more information about the abject slaughter of their children. More informed, yes, and they should be.

My opinion.

My family member was murdered and the LE is expected to locate a killer while compiling sufficient evidence for a conviction.

They will share information when they have conclusive information and they will advise when they have made an arrest. They may advise if they have a POI but will not give names because the last thing they need is someone taking the law into their own hands.

My family has no justice because of a compromised investigation and we never will. I would suggest that four families deserve justice and I fear that one devastated man could be causing more problems for investors than he’s solving right now.

If LE feels he is sharing too much information with the media, it may also impact how much information they share with him.

If there was an obvious person(s) of interest and/or suspect, such as someone the victims knew or within 2-3 degrees of their inner circle, or a person seen and identified in some video, that person would likely be in custody by now. Because I'm virtually certain any DNA has been retrieved from the scene, swabbed from anyone fitting that bill, and expedited/compared by now. It doesn't take 3 weeks to process DNA anymore, particularly for high visibility violent crimes and with State and Federal authorities intimately involved.

That's why the more days that go by I lean towards a random serial psychopath.

My opinion.

In your experience, what is an acceptable timeframe for acquiring and processing the DNA from 3 degrees of the victims of a quadruple homicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects