ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
That does not follow at all. People grieve in very different ways.
I’m not at all stating how someone grieves. We were discussing what we felt Kaylee’s dad’s comment meant to that extent of his frustration. He shows he is struggling to hold back either with LE and maybe things that are said or lack of being said, or because he feels like something could be said to help find the perp!

He can grieve however he wants. I, nor anyone else can say how anyone should grieve especially in this situation.

Jumping off @Stratocaster 's post on this page

Do we have any WSers who are local and can speak to survivalist groups operating in the state?
(You may already have all covered this material, have only been posting since the end of thread 15)

recap: local supply store told Idaho reporter, LE had specifically asked if they sold KaBars or KaBar - style.
Newsnations guest ( nationally known knife expert & seller) said KaBar was not the go to for most hunters
somebody else ( forgotten) said look at the survivalist groups

And exponentially bump up all of this with the complexity of the crime scene. People coming in and out of the house all the time, waiting for results, putting them tgiether. It’s only 3 weeks, not 3 years. It’s not an episode of csi. If the goal is to get the psycho, giving up all of this information to help the killer‘s defense attorney, or worse, never even getting to an arrest because the investigation is derailed by giving details, is bad. And then there are 3 other families who lost their kids, it’s jeopardizing their justice as well.
nobody forced LE to give conflicting reports

I took the fathers statement to be his way of saying the killer had more rage for one of the girls over the other. Perhaps more stabs wounds and or deeper wounds?

If you watch that whole interview he did with Jones he kept saying killer singular. Thus I don’t think he meant 2 killers by saying damage don’t match.

Just to clarify I have not ruled out that their could be more than 1 killer.
I just watched his interview this morning on Fox and Friends 12/4/ 2022
Now he has shared some new info that was not confirmed by LE.
- killer entered the 2nd floor door or window

I think this is exactly why he should not be speaking out. If he is not working with LE he is sharing info that has not been made public. That is the definition of leak

He is making the public think one way rather than many ways.
Those who may have info to support any way he seems to exclude will not feel the need to come forward.
While I’m as curious as anyone, it is not in the best interest of justice for parents to be sharing crime scene info with the public.
Do you think LE in the future will share info with him, trusting that he will not share with the public? No

When asked what info does he want LE to share with him, he said the alibis of those who have been cleared. <modsnip>

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think three weeks is unusual for there not to be an arrest...this isn't TV land where cases get solved in an hour. Give them time to wait for DNA results, process evidence, and watch whoever is in their sights.
SBM. It's not just about making an arrest. Its seems like LE have not been able to focus on a particular avenue of investigation and that every scenario is still possible, which is frustrating.

I think it is evident that SG knows info that LE knows about why they believe it was targeted and is saying that if someone from LE doesn’t step up and say why, then he is going to do it. That if he does, he isnt leaking anything, and they do not have a right to be upset with him because it was his family that has paid the price with their daughter’s life.

And now I think it’s imperative that LE never give him a smidgen of information more than they give the general public.

JMO but could the reason downstairs was spared be because one of the second floor roomates yelled out. Killer felt downstairs would have heard, downstairs did hear but killer fled and downstairs now hearing nothing went back to bed? Drunk girls can be quite vocally squeally, they may have just assumed it was that. Killer knew he needed to leave?

Regarding the killer moving around the house—do we know that the house WAS dark? Some people are big on night lights, and it might be possible that the kids living there weren’t the best at turning off lights when they left the room, either—many people aren’t.
I already replied to this question to someone else.

No, we don't know, of course.

But.

There were various pictures published from the house mostly its windows, few of which have no blinds/curtains on.
( I believe I do not have to go and find all these images, this topic was discussed in details and many images circulated. If I have to, I will. )

So, If the lights were on, and/or intruder used a headlight or torch, then an innocent person/dog walker, walking by the street or neighbourhood, would have been altered by what was going on in the house looking thru its unobscured windows and could have altered the police. Or it could have been a neighbourgh, suffering from insomnia.

By the way, it happened to me once. I was up late at night, studying for my uni exam. So, I do not know why, but I looked thru the window and spotted a torch light moving in the building opposite my windows. There were large modern offices and it was unusual at 2 am someone with torch to move around. I contacted the police straight away, they arrived in 3 mins, I was still on the phone with the dispatcher and the force arrested burglars trying to steal computers.

So, based on logic and probabilities, and let me sress again - this is JMO, taking into consideration the level of preparation and planning by the killer, there were minimum if at all interior lights and minimum using of torch, at least at the communal areas of the house, especially the ones with unobscured windows.

I still may be wrong, of course. Only time will tell.

If their targets were on the 2nd floor, there was no need for the perp to go to the 3rd floor. So the conclusion is that someone from the 3rd floor was targeted.
Actually, the logic is the exact opposite. If the killer "didn't have to go to the third floor", that means the perceived target was on the second floor. If the target was on the third floor, the killer WOULD have to go there to find his target.

Anyone know where I can find a link to the spreadsheet of “facts” that I believe were posted on Twitter by a reporter?

ETA: I found it

Last edited:
I've watched Brian Entin's videos on twitter of LE going in and out of the house. Can you point me to where luminol is being used please?.

I think people here (including myself) were speculating that luminol was possibly being used since the lights were off for a period of time. It is possible but I don’t think they would be looking for much since they were there for such a short period of time.

From what I saw, one of the people who entered the house was carrying an evidence collection kit (small black box). If they were testing with luminol, I feel like they would have had more equipment and more people. It’s still possible though if they just wanted to do a quick scan of an area.

I’m more inclined to think they were collecting physical evidence that may have come up in an interview or, as someone else has stated, DNA evidence.

MOO

The thing for me is, if this was a random killer who targeted the house in general for one reason or another, he could've sat in the parking lot behind the house (which is elevated on a hill) and watched everyone but those roommates on the first floor turn their lights out (because he wouldn't have seen those lights). In other words, maybe he went upstairs simply because he knew someone was up there, not necessarily because he had a beef with either one.

Having said that, he also could've found out via social media or otherwise that the one victim was coming back into town for the weekend and was triggered to act by that fact.

My opinion.

I seriously envy people who do not lock their house/apartments doors, honestly. I am not being sarcastic.

I have been living in large cities all my life and one of the city&street wisdom city kids learn since age of circa 6 months that the door to the flat/house always must be locked. If one lives in a block of flat, than the entrance door to the block building, also must be locked at any time. You have a key or code to intercom, you are lucky to enter, but if you do not have them - stay outside in sun, rain or snow.

But, as a kid, I used to have blissful simmer holidays when visiting my grandparents in the village where concept of locking doors at any time of the day or night, was non-existent.

Sadly, this now had changed, because the life became too dangerous and risks to be burgled/harmed/killed are much higher in the cities as well as in the villages.

Reading comments here sometimes makes me wonder how different lives we live.

This case undoubtedly will leave its marks on all of us and will make us adopting other habits, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member