ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the reporter failed miserably. The fact that we don't know if SG meant that the killer must have been targeting the third floor, or didn't have to do that because his target(s) were on the 2nd floor, shows that the reporter needed to ask a clarifying question. I did not perceive these comments as relevant to the LE chain of command. He said "he" didn't need to go up the steps twice. Who? The lead detective? It makes more sense to me that he is referring to the perp.

Also, it would have been nice if he had gotten clarification about the means of death comments... K vs. M? E/X vs. K/M?
This is another thing that both frustrates and captivates many people. Interviews have family saying things that seem to be the opposite of what interviewee means.

Could be many reasons including stress, meds or the person realizes he's said something he was told not to reveal, or something deeper, like planned ambiguity.
JMO.

shame that Brian Entin didn't just add a sentence about which room they're in, to save people trying to work that out.

is it second floor?
The second floor windows are symmetrical and the first floor ones aren't so if you mean the pic of the person through the lighted window, that seems to be the second floor.

I thought the reporter failed miserably. The fact that we don't know if SG meant that the killer must have been targeting the third floor, or didn't have to do that because his target(s) were on the 2nd floor, shows that the reporter needed to ask a clarifying question. I did not perceive these comments as relevant to the LE chain of command. He said "he" didn't need to go up the steps twice. Who? The lead detective? It makes more sense to me that he is referring to the perp.

Also, it would have been nice if he had gotten clarification about the means of death comments... K vs. M? E/X vs. K/M?
I think the steps was referring to the chain of command.
He needs to speak with whoever is in charge.I don't believe he was referring to actual physical steps or stairs

Actually, the logic is the exact opposite. If the killer "didn't have to go to the third floor", that means the perceived target was on the second floor. If the target was on the third floor, the killer WOULD have to go there to find his target.
Imo, SG is coming from the stance that LE will not tell him who was targeted so by his statement I think he means that there would be no need to go upstairs if X and E were the targets.therefore it was someone on 3rd floor that was targeted.

This makes a lot of sense coupled with the idea SG talked about tonight in his interview: that he thinks maybe LE is trying to suppress the case because it hurts the town and college. He also said that “they” won’t let them put reward posters up because “they look bad” and it’s not good for future recruitment.

In his mind, he may have a point. I don’t know how much that city relies on college revenue to survive. Obviously a maniac on the loose who isn’t caught that commits brazen murders running around isn’t the greatest publicity in the city, or, for the city, for that matter.

Oof. Talk about rocks and hard places all over, IMO.
The university connection has bothered me a bit from the beginning. I posted this before, but in the first press conference the chief was asked why they think it is a targeted attack. Part of his response was this:

“In these cases we take the totality of the things that we see and they're very dynamic right? and they're very big and there's a lot of information and we try to take that information and some of what we can't share with you, correct? but we try to take that information, we try to make the best educated decision we can. We review that as a team, with our detectives, along with our prosecutors, along with the University and we try to make that best decision on that. So we, at that time, believed that there was no threat and our goal is to provide safety for this community.”

I remember thinking what role would the University play in determining if an off-campus quadruple homicide was a targeted attack or not? Surely they didn’t tour the crime scenes, view the bodies, conduct interviews, etc. So why do police have to include them on their determination of if it’s targeted? It doesn’t seem (at least outwardly), they have a lot of information now about the “targeted” theory. This press conference was on 11/16 so what information could the university provide that quick to help say it was targeted? Do they have some insider info on one of the students, or did the chief say that because the university wanted people to think the university itself didn’t play a role in the murders?

Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide - Moscow #2'
ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide - Moscow #2

SG’s interview this morning most definitely cleared up some of his words from last night. He believes M+K were the intended target, but that he’s merely speculating. He was asked if he was allowed to specify which of the two girls (M or K) were the targets and he declined, saying he was told by LE to not.

He’s also incredibly suspicious LE isn’t sharing alibis of a certain person/s, which is interesting. I believe Kaylee’s mother in one interview said (at least) one suspect was cleared within one hour.

Last edited:
Imo K's father was saying. (Widely paraphrased, my interpretation)

The LE liasion doesn't have to constantly brush me off by telling me he has to go up steps in the hierarchy to get permission to tell me things I need to know. Step up, man, be an alpha.

Note he used present tense.

K's father, IMO does not always make the sense we would like to hear, because he is trying with all his might to work in the system, but with his broken heart he alludes to bits and pieces.

Imo
i can’t comprehend how anybody could interpret it this way. but clearly some have. it was clarified this morning. it’s the physical steps in the house.

SG’s interview this morning most definitely cleared up some of his words from last night. He believes M+K were the intended target, but that he’s merely speculating. He was asked if he was allowed to specify which of the two girls (M or K) were the targets and be declined, saying he was told by LE to not.
...This sounds like LE has some particular leads IMO.

I feel so bad for the parents. The recent Fox News interview with Kaylee's parents is heartbreaking, I can't imagine their frustration. It has been so disappointing how LE has handled this from day one.

SG’s interview this morning most definitely cleared up some of his words from last night. He believes M+K were the intended target, but that he’s merely speculating. He was asked if he was allowed to specify which of the two girls (M or K) were the targets and be declined, saying he was told by LE to not.
Last night, it seemed to me that he was implying the chain of command by Saying things like “be an alpha”, “be a leader”, etc. IIRC, he said “didn’t have to go up the steps”, not upstairs. This morning he switched it to talking about the killer did not have to physically go upstairs. This is fine but what did the alpha and leader talk refer to last night? IMO

Interesting, I wonder of the possibility of this being two perps, with each having a slightly different style of attack, making it appear targeted. But one of the attackers is more brutal than the other.
The simplest explanation for me would be, for example (and I hate to be graphic), slitting the throats of the others to eliminate them quickly but attacking the targeted person.

I don’t think our constitution’s first amendment allows a judge to gag the public or an individual citizen of the public. They can’t even gag the press.
A gag order can cover LE, prosecutors, defense attorneys, and all government employees working on the case.
It can gag witnesses during a trial.
But a gag order would solve the problem even though it’s not government officials on the case leaking, it would spell it out that no one outside officials on this case is allowed access to information.
But it’s still unlikely because officials haven’t made a mistake to require a gag.
Well considering the gag order just issued for the Delphi case. They can "gag" whoever they want with regards to sharing to the public. JMO

I don’t think our constitution’s first amendment allows a judge to gag the public or an individual citizen of the public. They can’t even gag the press.
A gag order can cover LE, prosecutors, defense attorneys, and all government employees working on the case.
It can gag witnesses during a trial.
But a gag order would solve the problem even though it’s not government officials on the case leaking, it would spell it out that no one outside officials on this case is allowed access to information.
But it’s still unlikely because officials haven’t made a mistake to require a gag.
It just happened in the Delphi case. Family of the victims are in the gag order.

Last night, it seemed to me that he was implying the chain of command by Saying things like “be an alpha”, “be a leader”, etc. IIRC, he said “didn’t have to go up the steps”, not upstairs. This morning he switched it to talking about the killer did not have to physically go upstairs. This is fine but what did the alpha and leader talk refer to last night? IMO
Maybe some family member is monitoring SM talk and told Dad 'hey, if you could clear that up it'd be great".

The killer seems to have had a personal vendetta against at least one of these victims. This does not appear to be totally random but a hate-filled crime. Either the killer personally knew her or was a stalker and felt like he did. If you trace her social media analytics on Instagram in the weeks and months leading up to the killing, you will find your guy. This person would have been consumed and obsessed. There’s no way he didn’t leave a digital footprint of his stalking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear