ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at my last 2 comments from a few minutes ago you'll see the stairs lead right into their bedroom with no door at all, unless there is a door on the 2nd floor stair way that leads up to the 3rd floor. If it is electronic, then it was either left open, someone had the code or the murderer got the code from the 2nd floor victims, or literally broke the door open.
The stairs don’t lead directly into the 3rd floor bedroom; That bedroom has a door - you can see a door & a wall next to the stairs.

Quoted for focus. Did he say "means of death" somewhere? The interview I saw on Fox (posted on page 2, I think), said "points of damage." Means of death would lead me to think one was killed in a different manner (in addition to be stabbed, which the coroner confirmed, could have also been strangled) whereas "points of damage" would make me think they were stabbed or cut in different areas of the body.

MOO.
The coroner clearly stated all died by a main stab wound to the chest/upper body. They did not necessarily all have the same number of stab wounds. There is too much conjecture here. Ugh.

If you look at my last 2 comments from a few minutes ago you'll see the stairs lead right into their bedroom with no door at all, unless there is a door on the 2nd floor stair way that leads up to the 3rd floor. If it is electronic, then it was either left open, someone had the code or the murderer got the code from the 2nd floor victims, or literally broke the door open.
The stairs circled in read come up from the 1st floor (not on this map) into the living room into the map labeled "second floor". The stairs to the 3rd floor bedrooms are on the map labeled "top floor" Too bad the 1st floor is not with that map, you can see the stairs to the living room in the top left of the bottom floor basement at 38 seconds in the tick tock.

Just like police often have informants in gangs, I predict that they have the same in some of N Idaho's extremist groups. People that may revel in rhetoric, but haven't yet done anything particularly illegal and would turn in vicious killers, just to keep focus off them.

I voiced my opinion from the start that imo it is a local, begrudging of one or all of the victims because of "free" lifestyle, possibly rejected in a bar where he hung out to "watch". He loves his knife, most likely had a cool sheath that bar patrons may recognize, maybe shows up on bar videos. Is practiced in butchering game. Would fit in any isolated rural area, but the extremist groups would be more aware of his fervent attitudes towards richie rich students, (in his opinion).

Imo

There are 2 bits of wall jutting out (I have circled them in red). I believe this shows that there are doors on both the master bedroom and bedroom #2. These wouldn't be bits of wall sticking out with no doors attached. imo

a.jpg

The coroner clearly stated all died by a main stab wound to the chest/upper body. They did not necessarily all have the same number of stab wounds. There is too much conjecture here. Ugh.

Right, that's why it's important to see the interviews for ourselves and not rely on interpretation. "Points of damage" is consistent with the coroner's report. It just means they were stabbed in different places. I still think that one was possibly stabbed in a more sexual way which is what gave the impression of her being a target. Who that was, we don't know.

MOO.

In a recent interview with K's dad, he suggests that because the killer didn't "have to go upstairs" (having entered from the sliding glass door on the second floor), M or K is the target. In the interview, he also suggest M and K had different wounds. Here is the link to the interview.
BBM
What I heard him say was sliding glass window, not door. Might have been a different interview.

Not sure if anyone has said this yet, I am behind. Right now LE is swamped with tips coming in and probably have a substantial backlog. Each tip takes up precious man hours to clear, and they all must be acted upon. Issuing a reward on posters would creat a huge response at this point, and just add to the backlog, when in fact, if there is a tip that can help, they may already have it. So now is not the time to advertise for a reward for more info - it would be best to wait until the tips drop off and the leads are all drying up. Asking for very focused specific info through the media is still the best way to go. IMHO.
I accept your suggestion, with one correction: I did mot mean offering a reward. Otherwise yes it makes sense

Imo. Perp did not target all 4 victims. Perp may have been caught in the act. Need definate timeline on when everyone got home. If indeed all 4 were targeted or the residence seems like a psychopath or copycat, someone who has seen to many movies.

Absolutely. My comments about the University simply stem from my own experience working in higher ed -- even non-profit institutions depend upon tuition from students (and retaining / recruiting a student body) in order to remain open for business. It remains to be seen how this crime will or will not affect the University.

Yes, they do. But the downturn in funding is usually not immediate and the state legislature can decide to hold the university harmless, financially (and probably would in this circumstance).

It will indeed be interesting to see what happens to enrollments, to demographics (will women be less likely to show up next semester?), and to the university budget.

It's sure to have some effects, but hopefully it won't be a 50% decline or something radical like that. There were 3 murders at my (private) university in my freshman year and a very famous one in the early part of sophomore year, had no effects on enrollment. Did my university try to cover it up? Not really - the local newspaper, a regional newspaper and the student newspaper in particular covered them as best they could. Two of them were early morning joggers and, well, people still jogged (my roommate did, early morning), but a lot of people took to using the track.

They rarely do this. LE will release info based on a suspect: vehicle, appearance, location, but I don't think they say things, "We've profiled this person and believe it is a male between *advertiser censored* age". Talking heads certainly do!! Former profilers who become talking heads do.
I think they did for the Unibomber and some federal crimes, but I don't think they will in this case.
"White man in a white van" became a running joke, directed at BAU profilers, during the Louisiana killings by Derrick Todd Lee.

If you look at my last 2 comments from a few minutes ago you'll see the stairs lead right into their bedroom with no door at all, unless there is a door on the 2nd floor stair way that leads up to the 3rd floor. If it is electronic, then it was either left open, someone had the code or the murderer got the code from the 2nd floor victims, or literally broke the door open
The floor plan you have is old. If you’ll watch the video in post #4 of this thread, you can see the updated floor plan with corresponding photos. It will really help you understand everything.

Did they have any deliveries to the house that day? Now I’m paranoid after the FedEx guy killed Athena Strand. Maybe they should check the victims’ Amazon accounts and such.
It seems like they had a Jack in the Box delivery to X, the bag and receipt appear in one of the DM photos, I believe. Possibly by DoorDash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆