ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the spotlight? They're already in the spotlight, daily, nationally and internationally.
Never said it wasn’t. What about when the case no longer is though? It’s not always going to be front of the news like it is now IMO, especially as it goes cold and no arrest is made and LE aren’t releasing any information. MSM do move on eventually.

IMO, the perp knew who was there and where he wanted to go. If he was just rage killing and targeting the house there would be 6 dead and no survivors
I am not sure that is true, that it couldn't have been a rage or spree killing.

After stabbing to death 4 victims, he may have been tired and when he came upon the locked door in the final room, he may have decided to make a run for it instead. Trying to get into that locked room would have probably woken up the next victims and he'd fear they'd call 911 and/or pull a weapon on him before he got through the door. JMO

I took the fathers statement to be his way of saying the killer had more rage for one of the girls over the other. Perhaps more stabs wounds and or deeper wounds?

If you watch that whole interview he did with Jones he kept saying killer singular. Thus I don’t think he meant 2 killers by saying damage don’t match.

Just to clarify I have not ruled out that their could be more than 1 killer.

That's what I think. My guess is one of the victims was stabbed more times (more severely?) than other three, making LE to think that one was targeted.
now that SG said "points of damage don't match" for K and M, that means they were stabbed in different parts of their bodies. (Or, at least some of the wounds aren't the same, they might've had some that were the same.) So i'm thinking something like one was primarily stabbed in chest, while the other had wounds to throat, or face, or genitals, etc. which would certainly seem targeted. JMO.

15 minutes from Pullman, WA to Moscow, WA and they have a Jack in the Box.
Just to be clear, I didn't discover it. This was discussed 3 or 4 days ago, back when the photos first came out. I think @Zinn first reported it on here. I'll try to find and link the original discussion. :)

ETA: Link to original discussion

I have been thinking about all of this. I really feel whoever did this went in through the sliding door on the 2nd floor. Found the first two asleep. Fatally stabbed them without any noise. Moved to the 3rd floor doing the same to the other 2. Reason the roomates were not harmed? Simply the perp has no idea there were bedrooms below. MOO.
My only problem with the perp not knowing there were bedrooms below: It’s not a huge house, it’d be very easy to look around & down the small hill to see where the cars were parked. And it’s not hard to realize that a sliding kitchen door isn’t the front door of a residence. I think the perp was someone familiar with the area, I think they knew this house had easy access which is why it was chosen. And I know this is an unpopular opinion but I think either the girls on the 1st floor were spared for a particular reason (doors locked) or the killer was just done (maybe exhausted, maybe too bloody) & wanted to get out.

I think LE being on the 1st floor in the dark last night could mean that some questionable DNA was found outside the bedroom doors down there.

MOO

Did anyone else have the thought when SG made the comment about going to the third floor... And the wounds/manner of death being inconsistent, does that possibly point to more than one assailant? Like one went upstairs and one tackled the main floor?

Oh okay! :( Maybe those delivery places do drive that far or maybe after X and E left the party they were last known to be at, they drove to the next town over for Jack in the Box. I recall there being a question of where they were after the party and before the 1:45-2am time they were all getting back to the house.
Whoa, the website says they close at 4 am on weekend nights.

I’ve listened to SG’s interview several times now and agree he’s inferring one victim’s condition was different than the others but I think he’s referring to the brutality of attack rather than the cause of death. All 4 victims were stabbed to death.

The reporter assumed he was referring to M vs. K’s “means of death” differing but I don’t think SG caught that so he didn’t correct him. His next statement “he didn’t have to go up the stairs” indicates to me it was Ethan and/or X’s death that was more brutal than either of the girls upstairs.

MOO

Targeting of the house doesn't mean hating the house structure. It means that the house was giving the killer a target of opportunity. Stuff like unlocked doors and windows, concealed entry and exit, lack of security systems, etc.
Exactly. MOO>>> OPPORTUNITY was the overriding factor for this killer. It afforded them easy access with multiple victims that could be targeted while sleeping. So, in this case, it wasn't *personal*. All the components of a serial killer. I just find it highly unlikely that a person that one or more of the victims may have encountered would just *happen* to have attributes of a killer capable of dispatching FOUR people with a KNIFE.

If you slow the video down to half speed and listen, I think he said she DIDN'T call 911. MOO
Sounds like she called ex instead of 911. If Dad is saying killer didn't need to go upstairs it almost sounds like X or E was the target. If X or E killed first and since both had defensive wounds, there would be some sort of chaos in my opinion at the house...noise of some sort.

He paid the bill means SG believes he paid dearly with the life of his daughter and why he so badly wants to speak out (and probably asked not to share certain details).

I also suspect that one victim had more stab wounds than the other (SG's statement the means don't match).

The family is clearly upset they are not being updated with every detail but this is a perfect example of why LE does not generally share details with family. Family members are too vulnerable -- they're in shock.

More important is that investigations evolve, it's not like TV. It's one thing to identify the suspect but another to successfully prosecute them. Investigators are charged with keeping things under wrap and not risking the evidence being ruled inadmissible because it was blasted on MSM before the suspect was apprehended and charged. MOO

ETA: Imo, SG was having an emotional moment here and his statement about going upstairs was in reference to the chain of command in the investigation, and not literally the physical stairs.

Are family members allowed to view murder victims before burial? I was reading about family members who were either allowed or not allowed to see family members who died of traumatic injuries on this website:

It's a British website so I don't know if the same laws or sensibilities occur in the US. Some of the deceased were accident victims and some of them were murder victims. In many of the cases the family members demanded to see their loved ones regardless of the extent of the injuries. In all cases it appears that the family members were allowed to view the deceased, either in the hospital or the mortuary and in some cases allowed to touch the body.

I don't know where K's body was prepared for burial or cremation. I wondered if SG demanded to see his daughter's body and view her injuries. I wondered if that's why he said, I paid for that funeral. I also wondered if he paid for M's funeral, too.

It's difficult to assess what SG is talking about when he is talking about steps. I took his wording as a misnomer and he was actually talking about the stairs up to the third floor not the steps taken in the progress of an investigation.

If K and M were the first and targeted murders and the assailant entered through the second floor slider, without any interruption, then I think any blood evidence on the stairs would only be K and M's blood. However, if there is a mix of X and E's blood mixed in with K and M's blood on the stairs then that would suggest that X and E were killed first. So then you naturally wonder if X and E were killed first meant they were the targets and K and M were collateral damage OR whether one of the second floor residents heard the killer and E went out to investigate, X and E were subsequently killed and the killer continued on to kill their primary target.

I agree with the poster in the last thread who said the family needs an advocate or spokesperson to speak for the family, someone well versed in the process of public speaking who can articulate information without the burden of personal grief. It's SOP for LE not to reveal information that could hinder an investigation. It's normal for LE to lie to the public regarding an investigation, too. I think of those old WW2 posters, "Loose lips sink ships". SG is the last person who wants to compromise an investigation. Everything he's saying is coming from grief and anger but his lack of awareness is very concerning. IMO

Last edited:
"Targeted" = LE believes the perpetrator does not pose a continuing threat to the community.

That is the crucial takeaway.

LE clearly does not want their reasoning or additional details released at this time. I personally see zero benefit to speculating further with so little public information.

12/2/22​

Four Dead University of Idaho​

A flyer seeking information about the killings of four University of Idaho students who were found dead on Nov. 13, 2022, is displayed on a table along with buttons and bracelets, Wednesday, Nov. 30 during a vigil in memory of the victims in Moscow, Idaho. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren)

1670196220401.png

Also wouldn't the wounds have been affected by their sleeping positions? Their wounds would have been different if they were sleeping on their back vs their side or face down. I wouldn't think the killer would have positioned them all the same before he killed them.
And if one fought back, those wounds may be different or more severe.

I’ve listened to SG’s interview several times now and agree he’s inferring one victim’s condition was different than the others but I think he’s referring to the brutality of attack rather than the cause of death. All 4 victims were stabbed to death.

The reporter assumed he was referring to M vs. K’s “means of death” differing but I don’t think SG caught that so he didn’t correct him. His next statement “he didn’t have to go up the stairs” indicates to me it was Ethan and/or X’s death that was more brutal than either of the girls upstairs.

MOO
I was wondering if one had heart pierced and died from that but another one bled out from neck, or whatever different final cause of death though they were all stabbed.

Sounds like she called ex instead of 911. If Dad is saying killer didn't need to go upstairs it almost sounds like X or E was the target. If X or E killed first and since both had defensive wounds, there would be some sort of chaos in my opinion at the house...noise of some sort.
That was my impression also.

Did anyone else have the thought when SG made the comment about going to the third floor... And the wounds/manner of death being inconsistent, does that possibly point to more than one assailant? Like one went upstairs and one tackled the main floor?
No I took SG’s statement to mean that rage seemed to be on one girl vs the other. Perhaps the stab wounds were deeper and or more stabs on one VS the other.

I have not ruled out that their could be more than one killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82