ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the vibe from the News Nation special yesterday that the parents of the victims aren't getting along. Anyone else get that vibe?
I’d be upset with the parents doing all the media, especially if LE had asked them not to. The reasons being, I’d want a conviction and I’d want this to stand up in court and I wouldn’t want to risk tainting the jury pool. Plus, I’m sure if one of the victims was targeted, it would be easier to swallow than having your own be “collateral damage.”

I’ve listened to SG’s interview several times now and agree he’s inferring one victim’s condition was different than the others but I think he’s referring to the brutality of attack rather than the cause of death. All 4 victims were stabbed to death.

The reporter assumed he was referring to M vs. K’s “means of death” differing but I don’t think SG caught that so he didn’t correct him. His next statement “he didn’t have to go up the stairs” indicates to me it was Ethan and/or X’s death that was more brutal than either of the girls upstairs.

MOO
Totally agree on your first part.

I'm still confused about "didn't have to go up the stairs" comment. At first i thought he was talking about the point of entry, meaning perp came in on the second floor so he didn't have to go up the BACK stairs that are by the surviving roommates. But yeah i can see how it sounds like he was saying E and X were the targets so going up the 3rd floor stairs was unnecessary. He's being vague, which i totally understand, but it's confusing.

Fox news just reported that one of the victim's father's said there was going to be an update from LE this afternoon. Anybody else heard this?
If true, I suspect they will be addressing the information SG has been talking about in his interviews (i.e., location M&K were found and K having the most significant wounds) and not sharing any groundbreaking new information.

Re the going up the steps remark.

It can be taken both ways: he didn’t need to go up the steps because he had already killed his target; but he did anyway; or, he didn’t need to go up the steps if it was a random attack as there were two potential victims there on the second floor; but he did go up the steps, and therefore either K or M was targeted.

With the new info about the wounds received, I lean towards the latter. So shocked at the amount of info leaking from this case.

The families have not been managed well, and the confusion and backtracking in the early days hasn’t helped either.

Unsurprising given this police department unused to crimes of this magnitude. They need external professional strategic comms advice imho.

No

Sorry if this one is obvious but have they also ruled out the 4 sets of victim parents and the 2 sets of non-victim parents? Especially now that we know one of the parents fixed a lock the day before...why didn't landlord or locksmith do that? ( Not pointing any fingers just curious on the full list of cleared individuals).

I think they also ruled out the neighbor who is a law student and the previous knife threat guy on a bike who turned himself in. Is that correct?

I'm curious if the house has a cleaning service or other maintenance workers who have key codes and access? Even Amazon drivers sometimes have garage codes nowadays.
I copied that straight from the LE website that they set up, it currently has who has been ruled out (for now) parents aren't listed, neither is the neighbour.

Source

If that’s true…wow. How could LE let him go out of the country without submitting DNA? He is one of the last people seen with them before their murders.

It is complex. On the one hand, that the investigators are not releasing much information to the families is normal, because in the state of mind this very good father is, it might not be helpful. It doesn't mean that LE and FBI are not working the case.

On the other hand, DNA in this situation is like a fingerprint in the 1930es. It has to be collected from everyone communicating with the slain students those days around the murder. JMO.

Last edited:
No

Sorry if this one is obvious but have they also ruled out the 4 sets of victim parents and the 2 sets of non-victim parents? Especially now that we know one of the parents fixed a lock the day before...why didn't landlord or locksmith do that? ( Not pointing any fingers just curious on the full list of cleared individuals).

I think they also ruled out the neighbor who is a law student and the previous knife threat guy on a bike who turned himself in. Is that correct?

I'm curious if the house has a cleaning service or other maintenance workers who have key codes and access? Even Amazon drivers sometimes have garage codes nowadays.
I don't think parents making repairs to their child's apt/lock indicates any reason for suspicion. My hubby is constantly fixing things at my girls' college apts because the management company notoriously takes forever to fix things. And a lock would be the first thing fixed by a dad worried about their kids safety.

I hope that the link below works, but I think that K's dad clarifies everything fairly well in the below video.

Note: that is from 22 years ago. While the UI remains Moscow’s largest employer, the rest of that chart is hopelessly outdated. And while I don’t have the stats handy, UI employs significantly fewer people now than 22 years ago, so that percentage would be lower as well.

Moo & trying to accurately represent my community.

Universities regularly prepare studies on their economic impact and usually commission their faculty to do the analysis. This link is to the last economic impact analysis and report that I could find online for the University of Idaho, and it is 10 years ago, so I would think that they might be working on an updated study.

My understanding is that the University of Idaho is Idaho's land-grant institution, so its economic impact is statewide in terms of research dollars generated, etc. Of course its impact on the local economy in Moscow is significant, but its statewide economic impact gives the big picture.

Idk but leaving the country sounds a bit like a red flag to me. Jmo
Not necessarily if it is habitual for the person to do it during holidays. I am thinking that specifically if he has an alibi and just managed to get himself in the worst situation ever, being a suspect, just because he was drunk and impulsive, the people around him wanted to take him away from behaviors that potentially get him in trouble, i.e., getting drunk and impulsive.

I still go with Occam’s razor. It’s either one of the people on the ruled out for the moment list (which isn’t really cleared at all),or it’s a stalker/Bundy type. Simplicity first. I’m leaning toward it Was someone local and someone one of them knew, either closely or peripherally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken