ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunter's don't kill with knives. They kill with high powered rifles. Nothing about being a hunter relates in any way to stabbing humans to death.
An hour before closing time in small town Alaskan bar, catering to hunters, trappers and commercial fishermen, all with sheath knives. I have seen it multiple times with my own eyes, when I was younger and in a couple of those occupations myself. I have not seen death in a bar, but injuries, melees. Every so often, later in the night, a stabbed body out by the dumpster is found. I personally spoke with the parents of a 20 something fisherman/hunter who had been cruelly knifed to death between parked cars in a coastal bar. They had flown all the way from Boston to try to understand what happened to their son, much like Mr G.

Last edited:
But would this theory of the killer rule out a frat member, since they would know that the initials Sigma Chi stood for "S" and "X" in the Latin alphabet? I think it would only look like "E" and "X" to someone who was not intimately familiar with Greek life.
I've been browsing this thread and watched a few YT videos about these terrible murders. I've heard/read it mentioned a few times now about Greek life, what does it refer to other than being Greek ? If you don't mind me asking ? TIA

"Who is NOT believed to be involved?"

• Two surviving roommates,
  • Male in the Grub Truck surveillance video,
  • Private party driver who took Kaylee and Madison home on November 13th,
  • The male Kaylee and Madison called numerous times during the early morning hours of November 13th,
  • Any individual at the residence when 911 was called, or
  • The individual on the lease who moved out of the residence before the school year started and was not present at the time of the incident.

Fox news just reported that one of the victim's father's said there was going to be an update from LE this afternoon. Anybody else heard this?

I can't find anything to corroborate this. Anyone have info i haven't been able to find?

I'm torn on this. I expect that's exactly what they are doing. But there are some people that just don't want to have their DNA taken.
I would be one of them.
And then additional resources would be wasted by investigating those people that simply have a thing about privacy rights.
While the killer just goes on his merry way.
I would too

Plus it's the kind of thing LE do here when they're desperate & communities are very small. We're still only 3 weeks into the investigation here - not 3 years

Plus imagine how much DNA they already have from a party house. Imagine sifting all that & eliminating those people? 100 people or more?
( when I was a student in shared houses, parties would spill over to every room - including bedrooms- as well as outdoors front & back. On a Saturday that could easily number 100 people attending one party)

Cleaning a deer certainly involves a knife.

Dressing game is a whole lot different than killing a human and while most skinning knives are fixed blade knives, they aren't designed like the fixed blade knife being discussed at all.

If a hunter used a skinning knife to stab an individual, their hands would have slipped and there would be substantial DNA left behind.

Edited to correct a typo

I'm torn on this. I expect that's exactly what they are doing. But there are some people that just don't want to have their DNA taken.
I would be one of them.
And then additional resources would be wasted by investigating those people that simply have a thing about privacy rights.

But: imagine you were asked to give fingerprints and you say, no? It would look strange, right? You would not refuse being fingerprinted, right?

Your DNA is your fingerprint, merely in the 21st century. You leave it everywhere. Really, if anyone wants your DNA, consider they already have it. Refusal would look strange. No one can deny you drawing a contract that your results are discarded and used only for this case, not entered into any databases, whatever you want. But outright refusal would be suspicious. In fact, LE should have own papers about DNA, detailing how they’ll use yours. JMO.

I can understand Mr Goncalves frustration as it's been 3 weeks now, but I guess he has to be patient and trust the process.
The FBI are generally considered the best detectives in the world and they're putting all their resources in to this.
I understand from this article about Maddie that Steve Goncalves has hired private detectives.

Hunter's don't kill with knives. They kill with high powered rifles. Nothing about being a hunter relates in any way to stabbing humans to death.

Not all hunters use high powered rifles. There's quite a group of bow hunters, for example (and, lots of them in Idaho). But bullets do not always kill the animal, just bring it down, where it lies suffering.

A good and responsible hunter carries a knife for quickly finishing off a suffering animal. Firing a high powered rifle into an animal that's on the ground risks ricochet, etc and is not safe. Hunters sometimes have to track animals for quite a distance before the animal falls. And then, if the animal is still breathing (often), they finish it off with the knife and of course they have to know how to skin and dress a carcass, sometimes cutting it into smaller pieces for carrying. This requires some knowledge of how to use a knife.

That being said, there's a business in Moscow that allows people to practice throwing big knives and axes. Many people carrying hunting knives in their cars (we do, and we aren't even hunters, but we do a lot of camping). Some even carry hunting knives on their person. And I would guess that lots of people (hunters or not) know how to use them. This perp chose a knife because it is the weapon that appealed to them the most. There is a reason. It's a very predator/prey thing to do.

I've been browsing this thread and watched a few YT videos about these terrible murders. I've heard/read it mentioned a few times now about Greek life, what does it refer to other than being Greek ? If you don't mind me asking ? TIA
It's a reference to being in a fraternity/sorority. Not the nationality.

I would be one of them.
I'd never willingly provide my DNA or speak with LE without an attorney present and I've had numerous conversations with my sons to never speak with LE either without an attorney present.

Greek life on campus refers to members of fraternities and sororities and their activities.

"Who is NOT believed to be involved?"

• Two surviving roommates,
  • Male in the Grub Truck surveillance video,
  • Private party driver who took Kaylee and Madison home on November 13th,
  • The male Kaylee and Madison called numerous times during the early morning hours of November 13th,
  • Any individual at the residence when 911 was called, or
  • The individual on the lease who moved out of the residence before the school year started and was not present at the time of the incident.
anyone who is present and forthcoming is not involved imo

i just have to say that if the guilty person is someone around the food truck that night on video then this would have to be the easiest case to solve. it just can’t be unless I am taking crazy pills.
The person arrested in a different case I followed was interviewed, admitted he was at the scene, clothing matched the video he was in and his build matched the description of the suspect, but he wasn't a suspect or arrested for over 5 years. It happens all the time.

I feel for SG and family. They are clearly suffering profoundly with the loss of K and de facto family member MM. It's hard to watch this grief play out across the pages and screens of tabloids.
I wish I could have said that so eloquently.

My heart aches for those families, and a little part of me dies every time I see them being exploited for ratings like this. :(

Do we know which house had the ring camera that caught M & K arriving home?
It was the house to the right of 1122 Kings Lane. The back of that house faces the parking area of 1122 Kings Lane, the front faces away but the ring camera on the front picks up traffic on Kings Lane as well as what is in front of that house, so that is how they were seen arriving home and the driver leaving shortly after dropping them off.

Hopelessly late as usual, but they ~have~ put up posters, so I don’t understand why this topic keeps coming up? Lots of stores, restaurants, businesses of all kinds have them in windows & we have community bulletin boards where they’re posted.

Not singling you out @kittythehare - just tossing this out.
In order to understand how a conversation or post arose you can track it back by pressing the arrow.
If you do that you will arrive at where the conversation was on helpful things a concerned family could involve themselves on without disclosing details of the investigation.
Nobody was thinking it would solve the case.

I get that LE is the most skilled at finding this murderer. But I cannot fault SG one bit for trying everything he can as a father to move this case forward. Ever have a loved one in hospital? Doctors with years of experience are responsible for a loved one’s care. I have seen mistakes and omissions made by professionals that made me believe an advocate is necessary. Just like you know your kid better than their teacher. SG is advocating on behalf of his child. He doesn’t know how not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd