ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing that really tells me is that with both being cremated they could have had wounds that forced cremation.
I actually wanted to ask about this, but was kinda afraid to. I'm not from US and while cremation would not be unusual, it is also not the default - so for the two families both to opt for it with a young kid, that would kinda stand out a little. Also possibly losing any further evidence they might one day want. But I thought that maybe it's just like 99% of people getting cremations in the US or something like that. And of course, it is also possible that the main reason was regarding the "no funeral before conviction".

No. 'It' only 'went from Uber to a "private party" to a sorroritys ride service' in online discussions and perhaps some media.

Even if what you said was true, I don't see what Occam's Razor would say about it.
I'm guessing here but maybe meaning Occams Razor because sounds like that driver was the last to see them alive?

I think LE will always investigate the last person victim's were with. Not sure if that's what original post means though.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I have watched the Twitch video over and over at the time that K and M were there.

I noticed that at a hair after 3:49:22 on this Twitch video, K puts both of her hands in her in the pockets of the sweatshirt. When she pulls her hands back out, her right hand produces a long thin black item. She then puts it up to her mouth and inhales a few times, then blows the vapor from it out. Is that one of those vape cigarette things?

TYIA

Respectfully,
Thora_Jay
I saw that and thought it was a vape.

They were gamers, the stream has them referencing grids within the game while they're watching the stream. It was one where they enhanced and isolated various conversations.

My curiosity is who was buying the girls food in PREVIOUS nights out. They have to have receipts, whether it's tips direct by phone or through their app. People can get real mad if they feel they get nothing in return for their kindness??

It's creepy that random people are scoping out who is out every weekend? It might be how someone knew KG was back in town??

MOO,

Kathy
You're pointing out a perfect example that represents why it's likely going to take a while to solve this case. IMO, there is clearly no "smoking gun" connection to the killer thus far. The "usual suspects" have been mostly ruled out, as in boyfriends, ex partners, currently known interactions in the days leading up the murders.

Because there are four victims that were all highly social in a city where half the population is educationally migratory and potentially peripherally connected, there are so so many avenues to investigate. The food truck creepers, in person and online viewers/payers, is just one complex direction that may need to be deep-dived into in order to solve this.

Does anyone know if XK, KG &/or MM lived in that house during the 2021-2022 school year? I know one of their recent (fall time) Instagram posts said something like meet the new roommates, who I think were the two survivors downstairs. For the life of me I can't find the article where XK's Dad talked about her living with a boyfriend, etc....I'm going down that hole of a possible prior relationship person being jealous of friends/fun roommates/new boyfriend/doing great at school/jealousy all the way around because their prior love has this whole new happy life.....and that person may have been in that house many times last year...and know the others as well...if they lived there.

Hope I'm allowed to ask this... just trying to find out if it is known how long they lived there.

Off to check the media thread again to find that article so I can re-read his words. It's the one where there is a picture of XK, her Dad and sister sitting at a table. TIA.
X + M have photos on their Instagrams at the house as far back as Fall of 2021. K and the SRs were not in any of the photos at the house until this fall. So it seems like X + M may have lived there during the 2021-2022 school year, but it’s not a confirmed fact.

independent study to finish the senior project in her degree. Just a guess, but routine. If she was in IT as has been mentioned, probably could work from parents home.
Sorry to pick nits, but it feels important to me to have known facts about the victims accurate:
“Kaylee Goncalves, a senior from Rathdrum majoring in general studies in the College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences.”

Four Students Killed in Alleged Homicide Identified

I actually wanted to ask about this, but was kinda afraid to. I'm not from US and while cremation would not be unusual, it is also not the default - so for the two families both to opt for it with a young kid, that would kinda stand out a little. Also possibly losing any further evidence they might one day want. But I thought that maybe it's just like 99% of people getting cremations in the US or something like that. And of course, it is also possible that the main reason was regarding the "no funeral before conviction".

While costs can vary significantly, cremation is usually less expensive than traditional embalming. Most kids don’t carry that kind of insurance. In addition, more people these days have a sense of the embalming process (funeral directors doing Tik Toks, for example) and don’t want it for themselves, their loved ones, and/or the environment.

I wouldn’t look into cremation vs traditional burial too much.

out of all the people i know personally that have passed the only ones that opted for cremation for from car accidents or other incidents that left cremation as the only viable option besides closed casket.
That's not a statistically sound assumption you're making. Lots of people/their families opt for cremation for absolutely no reason related to being able to provide a viewership of chemically short-term preserved bodies. Some people prefer ashes to chemical preservation, it's really that simple.

out of all the people i know personally that have passed the only ones that opted for cremation for from car accidents or other incidents that left cremation as the only viable option besides closed casket.
Interesting, everyone I know that has passed has been cremated, all of them with the exception of my older set of grandparents born in 1905 and 1907, they we buried, not cremated, they had bought burial plots way back when.

That's not a statistically sound assumption you're making. Lots of people/their families opt for cremation for absolutely no reason related to being able to provide a viewership of chemically short-term preserved bodies. Some people prefer ashes to chemical preservation, it's really that simple.
My girlfriend was terribly injured being swept into a flash flood with debris and obstacles, she was embalmed for her funeral and then cremated. Staples and the magic morticians do work magic on terribly disfigured bodies.

This may vary due to religious beliefs and any number of factors not related to the condition of the body or the manner of death. This may also be due to the beliefs of the survivors, not to the dead person's previously expressed (or not expressed) wishes.

While costs can vary significantly, cremation is usually less expensive than traditional embalming. Most kids don’t carry that kind of insurance. In addition, more people these days have a sense of the embalming process (funeral directors doing Tik Toks, for example) and don’t want it for themselves, their loved ones, and/or the environment.

I wouldn’t look into cremation vs traditional burial too much.
These families sounded like they were doing ok financially.

There could be many factors that play into making the decision to cremate vs burial. Maybe their wishes were made known...probably not likely due to their young age but you never know. If you do have to bury your child (which is horrifying to consider) where do you choose to do it? Where they grew up? Where parents are currently living? Are parents still together? If not, then who chooses? These were young adults that were starting out in lives of their own. I just don't think it's so cut and dry. And basically I just don't think the decision to cremate necessarily had anything to do with manner of death. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member