ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before we get defensive about funerals vs cremation. Both are perfectly acceptable personal choices.

I personally just could never cremate one of my loved ones. I have zero issues with cremation, otherwise. :)

Morticians can hide wounds, rebuild faces, etc.

Please just understand cremation really doesn't reflect on much besides choice.

All jmo and in the spirit of same team, different opinions here.
Agree, and likewise some people have seen too many creepy movies and Tom Petty videos to want to go the mortician route. :)

They may feel that the funeral should honor their daughter and not be a media/police event.

The police wouldn't make the arrest at the funeral. They would just take a list of everyone there and observe. I think if the parents have suspicions they have already told LE what they are, so no reason to have this person at the funeral.
Media/police event? Obviously no arrest at the funeral. I will repeat- As a parent I'd welcome any opportunity to find out who murdered my child, from "listing and observing" but I get it...I'm not in the club.

NEW: Moscow Police are asking for help identifying Hyundai Elantra seen outside of the King Rd. house in the early mornings of Nov. 13. Police believe the occupant has info critical to the case
@LawCrimeNetwork

***Moscow Police are Asking for
the Community's Help*** MOSCOW, Idaho - Detectives are interested in speaking with the occupant(s) of a white 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra, with an unknown license plate. Tips and leads have led investigators to look for additional information about a vehicle being in the immediate area of the King Street residence
during the early morning hours of
identified and only vetted information that does not hinder the investigation will be released to the public. We encourage referencing official releases for
accurate information and updated progress.

The photos on the post are stock photos. License plate is unknown.

Attachments

• 1670455485998.png
    1670455485998.png
    431.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Sorry new to the thread. A little patience please
No worries We have been through everything over and over again. It’s just the nature of these cases that draw so much attention. Not everyone begins at the beginning. If you keep reading along I am sure most of the questions you have will be answered. Also the media thread is a great resource. Welcome!

Makes me think the person isn’t from Moscow. In such a small town I wouldn’t think there would be a ton of people with that type of vehicle.
Granted, before this case I had never heard of Moscow, ID. Turns out Moscow Idaho is a city of over 25,000+ people. I'm not ruling anyone out yet.

JMO

The only other case this reminds me of is the Miyazawa murders in Setagaya, Japan in 2000. An unknown perp broken into the house while they were asleep and stabbed them all to death. No one heard or saw anything, no-one has ever been caught despite the police having DNA, and no-one knows if it was a random killing or someone known to the family.

@annpats , I mentioned that many threads ago. Thanks for the link, I never figured out how to include it, lol.

I’ve been looking for confirmation that a neighbor saw the front door open on the morning of the murders but can’t find it.
Haven't heard anything about a neighbor seeing anything.
Re that vid I can't help thinking how easily people criticise without knowing the facts.
LE went in today to collect belongings of the victims, probably just those not covered in blood because those belongings will be evidence.
This is not the same as releasing the scene.
IMO

Would anyone be interested in a post that states and sources the facts, timelines, etc.? I’d get a mod to approve first before posting but I feel like it could seriously slow down the movements of the threads to a point where we could actually discuss the case instead of sifting through speculation.

I’ve been working on a doc and I don’t want to put a ton of effort and time into it unless it will be used and referenced. Thoughts?

ETA it would include sources on things that will prevent new members from bringing up things discussed weeks ago. No offense to those who are new to the thread. ;)
Your thought to check with a mod is a great idea. A similar doc put together for another case I followed was removed bc it was not an approved source.

I wonder how many 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra's are licensed in Idaho. I know the car could be from out of state but Idaho is a good start.
It’s a great start. The uni is even better. Every student attending that school and driving a car should have to register it with the office (as they will most assuredly drive it to campus or keep it on campus if they reside in a dorm). Through the process of patient elimination will the truth be pursued and revealed. Not through inclusion.

Even expanding it to the 1.9 million people in Idaho and say, the probably sparsely populated counties of western Washington, there is going to be a relatively small number of white 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantras.

So we are looking at a potentially stolen common white vehicle with multiple occupants in the immediate vicinity of the crime on the night.

As full-time students, they are likely covered under their parents insurance still, and if not, does the university make students buy health insurance in the US?

Health insurance is irrelevant - it doesn’t cover burial. Some life insurances will cover final expenses and there’s burial insurance as well. A 20yr old is unlikely to have either.

To poster emerald1328 I wasn’t saying that front of the house where the 2 survivors were living was a garage. I was asking the poster I quoted if they were trying to say the front looked like it could be to a garage since there were cars parked out front.

Me personally I haven’t seen any garage without a garage door either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23