ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the timing of the car information is strange in that it came out right around while people were combing over the police body cam footage. However, there is far too much detail in the LE's request for them to have gleaned it from that footage. There is more to the reasons why they are looking for info on this vehicle.
I’m going to speculate they may already strongly suspect an association with a vehicle of that type and they’d like as much corroborating evidence as possible of a specific vehicle being near the scene early that morning. JMO.

Maybe if found in another town but I'm not so sure that could be kept quiet in Moscow with so much press about. IMO.
If the car was stolen in another town (or even another state) just to use for the murder, perp might have returned it to the area it came from in order to retrieve their own vehicle.

After seeing the car in question and path to the house
least amount of lighting and cameras
I also kind of think killer called cops on "drunken disturbance" to keep whatever cops were on patrol distracted

Why would he unnecessarily bring cops to within yards of where he is about to commit 4 brutal murders?

“on the days preceding or the day of the murders.” That is disturbing. Was this planned possibly days in advance? Jmo

Possibly, but it could just be to encourage someone who isn’t sure of the exact day to call it in. Could well be both, though. Also consider that, say, 2am on a Sunday morning is regarded as Saturday night for many.

I’m going to speculate they may already strongly suspect an association with a vehicle of that type and they’d like as much corroborating evidence as possible of a specific vehicle being near the scene early that morning. JMO.
You think they’ve figured out it’s for sure an Elantra in that fuzzy footage? The two cars look incredibly similar…
maybe they have other videos with that car. I wonder if they have been looking at videos, especially the camera from the neighbors, BEFORE the night of the murders.

1. Rumor Control
  • There has been extensive media interest regarding an incident at Taylor Avenue and Band Field on November 13, 2022, at 3:01 a.m. This incident was an alcohol offense which was addressed by the on-scene officer. This call is not related to the murder investigations. For further details regarding this incident, a Moscow Police Department Public Records Request can be submitted referencing incident number 22-MO9896.

You think they’ve figured out it’s for sure an Elantra in that fuzzy footage? The two cars look incredibly similar…
Probably not, but I don't think they would've said they were looking for an Elantra unless they were sure that's what they were looking for. Maybe it's not from that particular footage... maybe they got the info from somewhere else.

Why would he unnecessarily bring cops to within yards of where he is about to commit 4 brutal murders?
I agree that doesn't make a lot of sense. Maybe one of the victims called the police on them though. If that was at 3:00 and the murders happened between 3-4, maybe the murders were because someone was mad that the police were called on them. I'm SO curious to know what K&M wanted to talk to her ex about and whether those were the only calls they made.

It is oddly worded though, with the primary focus seemingly on the occupants, who they "are interested in speaking with." If you read between the lines you could easily infer that the car may be stolen. They almost threw "owner" in as an afterthought, and don't even indicate that they want to speak to them, just to get tips.
True but it’s also a college town. Owner may be parents.

Thanks, @The Observer !

Wow, I very much hope that they’re able to get some good tips regarding that car TODAY, I can’t imagine what day to day life in that community is like right now.

I have no solid theories because SG has said so many things that are seemingly conflicting. Poor guy.

I definitely keep thinking about previously “kinda cleared” individuals but mostly the frat is standing out to me, since E+X had just left around 1:45..

Did a sweep around town through the 2021 Google Street views and it was amazing how many of the KIA's & Chevy Cruzes were around town. Surprised at how few of the Hyundai's there were, but they are very popular all over the place.
Yes, white sedans galore. For those of us old enough to remember, I was instantly reminded of the white Fiat that sideswiped Princess Diana's Mercedes before the fatal crash and was never found. Other white cars were speculated about and the whole thing spurred conspiracies and dark theories. Wish the car they were seeking in Idaho was less generic.

Last edited:
Was white Hynday reported stolen, and that was the only white car which was reported stolen in Moscow UD, as LE is pretty sure of the make and year of the make of the car? As it took some time to report this car as Car of Interest (COI), was it because the owner was away and only recently retyrned to Moscow ID and upon his return noticed that the car is missing? In this case, how the perpetrator knew that the stolen car will not be reported stolen for a while and it was safe to drive it around in Moscow ID albeit for a day or few hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd