ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just that the LE used the term "targeted attack", suggesting the attacker had prior interaction with the one of the slain, mixed with his experience as LE himself. Make note this person is no longer active LE so he is conjecturing just like all of us are.
So basically he’s guessing and not going based on anything concrete. Thanks for letting me know!!

I have an out of the box thought..the box thought…was this a hometown killer? So much speculation on Moscow student/resident…am thinking this killer is a hometown resident that was recently spurned.

MOO this thought has crossed my mind. 3 victims were female and 1 male. I have never thought EC was the "target". I do believe that this attack had to be carried out by more than one person or it was a hit. Again, MOO. I also find it extremely unsettling that we have not heard from the surviving roommates nor the 5th individual on the lease. SG has made many statements but three 20-21 year old girls haven't spoken out yet? It just seems strange.
I 100% believe that there are multiple people involved and to me it seems likely that people are talking. I agree with the poster that stated someone will crack soon. Praying on that!
I'm glad the surviving roommates aren't talking to the media, and that their names have (somewhat) been protected. Not only are they potentially in danger (from the perpetrator, or randos), but they undoubtedly hold vital information (for apprehension and successful prosecution) that shouldn't be divulged yet

I'm glad the surviving roommates aren't talking to the media, and that their names have (somewhat) been protected. Not only are they potentially in danger (from the perpetrator, or randos), but they undoubtedly hold vital information (for apprehension and successful prosecution) that shouldn't be divulged yet
And probably traumatized. Moo. I hope they’re getting excellent support.

Am onboard with this idea.
If the one father is to be believed, his daughters' wounds were gaping "tear-like" wounds. Which suggests a serrated knife. You can goto any female game hunting youtube channel and see how difficult it is for a standard body type female to tear through flesh with these. Given that there were four slain in separate rooms. That would have to make the attacker have some sort of way to prevent noise, or fighting back. We know some of them had defensive wounds, which suggests a struggle. There was one male slain. The attacker would most likely target him first. As the "biggest strongest obstacle". Still, the first strike would have be a severely debilitating strike, or the attacker would have to do something to disorient the victim so it was hard for them to fight back. (Stabbing the eyes so they can't see, using some other device or agent to help subdue them..)

I just don't think a female (outside of a bodybuilder or a really big boned girl) has the strength to do this while keeping all other victims from waking up, and successfully slaying all victims without incident.

They would have been asked by LE not to talk to anyone about the case while they are still doing ongoing investigation. the one girl's father was wrong to speak on the type of wounds his daughter had, and probably did so from emotional frustration of not finding the killer yet.

Disagree. From what we have heard, the stabbings were pretty directed, meant to kill quickly. It doesn't sound like the victims were tortured.
What's interesting, in my opinion, is that we have no idea how long the killings took. 20 minutes? An hour? We really have no idea yet. We might never know. I think the amount of time it took could hold the key to the reasonings behind the attacks. Or could give us an idea if he/she/they encountered an obstacle (like being heard or seen by another roommate) that caused them to have to be quicker than they anticipated. This could explain why at one point it was reported as a "sloppy crime scene". JMO

MOO: As it applies to SG: Putting spurs to LE to share more, implement protections for the community, advise all on measures students could be taking....I guess I get that. The basis for calling LE "cowards" is both a whole lot shaky and not likely to advance SG's agenda very far. Is SG inclined to believe this killer could be prepared to attack himself or other family members? If that were the hazard that SG believes police are cowing from, the perpetrator needs to change weapons...
Also MOO: I recognize SG feels the need to hold feet to the fire, but somebody besides his wife should counsel this man a little on just whats appropriate when talking to the press. I can't see where that label applied to LE can be anything but counterproductive....
I hope you never lose a child. There is no “counseling”, no solace, no reprieve. The grief is all encompassing and it takes your legs out from under you. The world is turned upside down, and nothing makes sense or matters except getting answers. You somehow believe that those answers will bring you peace, so you go balls to the wall to get them. The sad truth is that even getting those answers will never be enough. The pain will still be there, the fog that surrounds you won’t lift, and the fact that life continues and the world is still spinning seems, at best, to be sacrilege.

Please…let that father wail and scream and beat his chest. Let him name call and stir emotions. Let him, while he is remembering holding his daughter’s hand, while he is remembering her first steps, while he recalling dropping her off at college for the first time, let him grieve. He has earned that. He deserves that. Every parent who has ever had to look into the lifeless eyes of their dead child deserves that. Begrudging him that right is not anyone’s right. If the worst he does in his darkest hours is name call, LE is going to need to suck it up. That was his daughter.
~A Grieving Mom

If the one father is to be believed, his daughters' wounds were gaping "tear-like" wounds. Which suggests a serrated knife. You can goto any female game hunting youtube channel and see how difficult it is for a standard body type female to tear through flesh with these. Given that there were four slain in separate rooms. That would have to make the attacker have some sort of way to prevent noise, or fighting back. We know some of them had defensive wounds, which suggests a struggle. There was one male slain. The attacker would most likely target him first. As the "biggest strongest obstacle". Still, the first strike would have be a severely debilitating strike, or the attacker would have to do something to disorient the victim so it was hard for them to fight back. (Stabbing the eyes so they can't see, using some other device or agent to help subdue them..)

I just don't think a female (outside of a bodybuilder or a really big boned girl) has the strength to do this while keeping all other victims from waking up, and successfully slaying all victims without incident.
I’m absolutely open to this opinion. I watch too much Blacklist.

Yes. Linked by two posters on the thread immediately prior to this one. Nearer to the end.

As has been discussed and speculated on, the cops confirm today that they do have a good bit of information and details that they have not divulged to the public. They may be just saying that to ease some concerns but I believe them. With a crime scene as hectic as they describe it's just common sense that a lot of evidence and details were left behind.

With that said my opinion has pretty much shifted from before. I think that there were two people involved in the murders that night.

''A retired Moscow police captain is saying the murders of four University of Idaho students that took place last month might have been motivated by revenge.

Retired Capt. Paul Kwaitkowski, 64, believes that the killer responsible for the deaths knew at least one of the victims and may have been seeking vengeance, based upon his 20 years of experience investigating local homicides, per an exclusive interview with the Daily Mail.

"When you use the word 'targeted,' it means somewhere along the line we met," Kwaitkowski said. "Somewhere along the line, something bad happened, something that pi***d someone off enough to go after these people."
Thanks @dotr

"When you use the word "targeted," it means somewhere along the line we met,' former Moscow Police Captain Paul Kwaitkowski, 64, told DailyMail.com in an exclusive interview.

'Somewhere along the line, something bad happened, something that pi***d someone off enough to go after these people.'
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This part works for me. Someone retaliated ala "a like for a like" I hope that doesn't sound like victim bashing as I don't mean it that way. I saying this as the killer/s' motivation. Screw with me and I screw with you. moo

MOO - Thinking about what has come out about the nature of K’s wounds, while yes it could mean that special attention was paid to her as a target, but also (not to be graphic, apologies) if you are positioned to attack one person who is sleeping in bed, a second person may require more of a reach to attack and the attacker may be off balance doing it, so that may result in a more slashing or dragging motion than you would get with your body planted over a single victim. It’s obviously impossible to say without actually knowing the details.

"Father of slain victim says she had 'big open wounds."

"Goncalves said his daughter's injuries "definitely did not match" M's wounds. "They may have individually died from the exact same thing, being stabbed, but there are more details," he added. "They're not even close to matching."

MOO, I took a criminology course and learned that generally, when there's a mass stabbing, the first victim will sustain the worst wounds. K's father has eluded that this was the case. How did he reach this conclusion? Would E and X's family share this info with K's father? IMO, highly unlikely.

"Father of slain victim says she had 'big open wounds."

"Goncalves said his daughter's injuries "definitely did not match" M's wounds. "They may have individually died from the exact same thing, being stabbed, but there are more details," he added. "They're not even close to matching."

MOO, I took a criminology course and learned that generally, when there's a mass stabbing, the first victim will sustain the worst wounds. K's father has eluded that this was the case. How did he reach this conclusion? Would E and X's family share this info with K's father? IMO, highly unlikely.
bbm
Ita.
And I'm curious about this as well ?
At this time I don't think LE are divulging much information, even to the families.
Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member