ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
The owner of a property near the home where four University of Idaho students were slaughtered last month told Fox News Digital he turned over surveillance video showing a white car zoom by around the time of the murders.

Moscow, Idaho, detectives reached out to landlord KF Nov. 14 and asked for surveillance footage recorded from a camera perched on top of his six-unit rental building on Linda Lane, which is .3 miles from the murder scene.

"I downloaded it and gave them access to everything from 2 a.m. through noon on that Sunday the 13th,"

The car, which F described as both "white" and "light colored" traveled west on Taylor Road sometime between 2:45 a.m. and 3:15 a.m., he said. Only a side view of the car is visible in the footage.

It's unclear if the white car in the footage is the same Hyundai Elantra investigators are trying to track down.

So the video shows the girls likely drop off going past at 1:45 and then the white vehicle is seen between 2:45 and 3:15am. From this, I think we can say that M and K were not followed from the food truck or anywhere else, for that matter, as the car shows up a least 1 hour if not longer after they were brought home.

We also know that X and E returned home about 1:45 and they also were not followed. Five-hour gap in victims’ movements still unexplained weeks on from Idaho murders

From your linked article:

"Francetich said he also noticed what looked like a sedan traveling west toward 1122 King Road at around 1:45 a.m. then head back toward the highway a few minutes later. " (Likely M and K's ride from the food truck.)

"The car, which Francetich described as both "white" and "light colored" traveled west on Taylor Road sometime between 2:45 a.m. and 3:15 a.m., he said. Only a side view of the car is visible in the footage."

This indicates that, the house or one or more of the occupants were targeted by someone with a plan to kill them. Whoever it was knew where 1122 King Road was. It's not like someone randomly ran across one or more of these 4 people and decided, for some unknown reason, to follow them home and commit murder.

I'm trying to layout what happened in an orderly fashion here to understand the sequence of events.

So the video shows the girls likely drop off going past at 1:45 and then the white vehicle is seen between 2:45 and 3:15am. From this, I think we can say that M and K were not followed from the food truck or anywhere else, for that matter, as the car shows up a least 1 hour if not longer after they were brought home.

We also know that X and E returned home about 1:45 and they also were not followed. Five-hour gap in victims’ movements still unexplained weeks on from Idaho murders

"Francetich said he also noticed what looked like a sedan traveling west toward 1122 King Road at around 1:45 a.m. then head back toward the highway a few minutes later. " (Likely M and K's ride from the food truck.)

"The car, which Francetich described as both "white" and "light colored" traveled west on Taylor Road sometime between 2:45 a.m. and 3:15 a.m., he said. Only a side view of the car is visible in the footage."

This indicates that, the house or one or more of the occupants were targeted by someone with a plan to kill them. Whoever it was knew where 1122 King Road was. It's not like someone randomly ran across one or more of these 4 people and decided, for some unknown reason, to follow them home and commit murder.

I'm trying to layout what happened in an orderly fashion here to understand the sequence of events.
Is the video showing the car the same video that shows all the people arriving home?

Oh god...I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your friend. Big hug.
Assigning one spokesperson would be brilliant. Doubt the thought has even occurred to them.
It seems that families in these situations have no where to turn for advice.
It's not as if you can call the "Serial Killer Hotline", for help.
And the one attorney that's been hired doesn't seem to be much help either.
Right, yes, and private investigators. The last thing the FBI/LE need right now is yet another person looking for information. IMO/MOO (Oh, and thank you for the hug/condolences!)

Last edited:
Two questions still come to mind that I haven't been able to find an answer to in reviewing information that has been released:
1. The locations of victims XK and EC late in the evening, early morning hours of 11/12-13 prior to their murders?
According to LE it was (initially at least) believed that they were at the Sigma Chi house from ~9:45pm-1:45am and returned home.
Idaho police zero in on movements of 2 victims who went to frat house before killings
XK's father indicates he received a call from her that she was ok ~midnight. LE appears now to be looking to fill in the gaps of where XK and EC were during the entirety of late evening, early morning especially the gap between the fraternity party and the crime. (As opposed to victims MM and KG whose locations have been pretty firmly established due to videos, and phone mobile communication to others).

2. What is meant by the remark from family that XK had "changed a lot" and "really turned around"
This could be as innocuous as saying she was acting much more responsible to possibly something more.

*Please note none of this is intended to blame the victims in any manner for their murder, but rather to learn more about victims in order to point to possible motive or opportunity.
All MOO
In that interview her father describes her as fighting until the end with bruises and torn by the knife.
That implies to me that Ethan was already dead.
And strengthens my theory that he and Xana were awakened. Ethan came out of the bedroom to investigate and was killed and then Xana.

I believe LE knew about this white Elantra very early in the investigation.
We know that the driver who dropped M and K off was captured on camera doing so, K’s sister confirmed this early on, though unsure of where the camera was.
I believe LE have this white Elantra basically at the scene for a period of time, or as close to the scene as the camera that showed M and K being dropped off.
Likely they ruled out that driving to and from the house relatively quickly (could be a camera around the corner, a nearby street or something like that.)
I think LE kept the Elantra details quiet hoping they would crack it and then when they didn’t they’ve reached out to the public.
From LE statements, I think we can be pretty confident this car wasn’t just driving past somewhere, it was at the scene.
So essentially the theory is LE sat on information that could have lead to the quick capture and arrest of the suspect but consciously decided to withhold it? To what end? How would they benefit from doing that? There is no reasonable explanation they would know the make and model of a suspect's car early on and not share that information. Perhaps the first day or two as to not give the suspect a heads up but I cant believe any LE agency would wait beyond that. So I highly doubt they knew early on. I think it took a while for them to rule out other cars that passed that night until they settled on this one as being unidentifiable.

Sorry for not being clear earlier. I was only trying to refer you to the bolded portion of the MPD news release. Don't know if you've seen it.

Detectives are seeking all outside surveillance video taken from 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. on Sunday, November 13th, from businesses and residences within the geographical area listed below. Detectives request all available videos – whether there appears to be motion and content or not.
  • West Taylor Ave (north boundary)
  • West Palouse River Dr (south boundary)
  • Highway 95 south to the 2700 block of Highway 95 S (east boundary)
  • Arboretum & Botanical Garden (west boundary)
Detectives are also seeking additional tips and surveillance video of any unusual behavior on the night of November 12th into the early hours of November 13th while Kaylee and Madison were in downtown Moscow and while Ethan and Xana were at the Sigma Chi house. Anyone who observed unusual behavior near these areas or has video surveillance is asked to submit their tips.
And on the release from Moscow LE on December 12, on page 3 they say..."what occured" and "interactions, contacts, direction and method of travel" and "abnormal" stuff "could add context to what occured"

Seems to me...something occured and it centers around Ethan an Xana because LE asks about all those things in relation to Ethan and Xana specifically. IMO

"Detectives continue investigating what occurred from approximately 9 p.m. on November 12th to 1:45 a.m. on November 13th, when Ethan Chapin and Xana Kernodle were believed to be at the Sigma Chi house on the University of Idaho Campus at 735 Nez Perce Drive. Any interactions, contacts, direction and method of travel, or anything abnormal could add context to what occurred."

9CEC8311-D605-4A2C-86E6-6185855943E6.jpegImage 1 - Approximate view of security footage from Linda Lane which captured the dark sedan (likely the private driver who dropped M and K off) passing around 1:45am and driving away again soon after. Then the white car between 2:45am and 3am.
Image 2 - Shows Linda Lane in relation to 1122 King Road
Image 3 - Shows the route from the liquor store to 1122 King Road which passes directly by this camera.
The neighbour mentioned the white car zooming past between 2:45am and 3:15am, interestingly, he did not mention it returning past as he did with the Sedan, perhaps white car left via another route. F1C59DF3-01BC-4A2B-94CE-DE1558B1DFA3.jpeg4AEA1349-1083-40AF-AC59-1AB0C8E8E1C3.jpeg

It’s also worth noting the Band Field body camera/s begin at 2:54a and run through 3:15a.

Kaylee’s sister also said K+M were spotted returning home at 1:56a.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam