ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 39

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been reports that the crime scene rooms were very bloody, and presumably, some of that blood leaked out of the house. Who knows. Kinda sounds bad, though, like more than just blood under covers or internal bleeding:

The four University of Idaho students knifed to death in the early hours of Sunday morning were killed so brutally, blood was left oozing through the walls of their rented home, DailyMail.com can reveal.

Exclusive DailyMail.com photos show blood dribbling down the side of the house while evidence markers could be seen on the interior walls and back porch.

Police sources told DailyMail.com that the scene inside the home is ‘the worst they’ve ever seen’ with the victims left to bleed out following the brutal early morning attack.

Law enforcement sources told the Daily Mail that the victims bled out after being butchered in the off-campus home, and described the scene as the “worst they’ve ever seen.”

“There was blood everywhere. We have investigators who have been on the job for 20, even 30, years, and they say they have never seen anything like this,” a police source close to the probe told the outlet."

Has LE confirmed that the stain on the house was blood? I don't remember reading that, nor do I remember any photos of the substance being sampled for testing.

Having lived in a “party house” - I also find it odd that there was no gathering that we know of on the night that other parties were occurring AND KG was back in town. People would just randomly show up at our house and an unplanned party would “just happen” a lot or we would meet ppl out at a party and retire to our house for a smaller party, of that makes sense. With everyone gone and split up across town, I’m curious if anyone went by checking for a party…there’s the entire daytime timeline we are still missing…

Completely MOO, and conjecture, but if I were trying to avoid someone who was a “frequent flyer” a frequent drop-in uninvited at my house, someone who I know would be coming by looking for a party- I would make sure there was NO PARTY at my house that they could be drawn to. I would make sure I was not at home until “too late” to open the door for company. It’s one thing to run into someone in piblic where you can leave, and it’s another to have someone in your home that you want to leave.
BBM. That's an interesting and compelling thought. Were they avoiding someone that night? JMHO

IMO she hadn't gained weight, it's the style of jeans she was wearing. I say this because I bought several pairs when they were on clearance. On the rack they're super cute but once you put them on, you add 20 lbs to your appearance. I love the comfort level but I only wear them around friends and family in a relaxed environment. I have granddaughters KG's age but I guess I'm a vain grandma. I would never wear them in a situation where I was concerned about the impression I would make. So when I noticed her wearing those jeans and looking a little heavier, I just thought she was relaxed and comfortable with the people she was around. JMO.
these jeans? (photo is in the media page, photo page where they are all on the porch)

Yep, if I were the landlord, I would spend a few thousand out of my own pocket to make it the safest house in Moscow for people to rent. And they probably will. It may take a year or so to get rented, but $30k in lost income for a year is better than whatever they have to pay off on the mortgage and future lost income beyond that year.

I understand people saying that the community or city could raise the funds to pay off the mortgage so it could be torn down, but what about the future years of lost income? At $3,000 per month, that’s $36k per year. Now with maintenance and other expenses the landlord would have, their profit is probably more like $30k per year. That may not seem like a lot for a corporation to absorb, but in 10 years, they would have lost $300k in profit.

And IMO only, I wouldn’t want to visit a park on land where a horrific quadruple murder occurred.
Exactly. Who would want to visit a park on the site of a horrific quadruple murder? It reminds me of the Kiely Rodni case many of us were recently following, out of Truckee, Cal. While looking around on Google maps, one can see that it is only about 10 miles from Donner Pass, and believe it or not, there is a Donner Pass Picnic Ground national park sign. I mean, seriously?? Not even if I were a vegan. JMO

Last edited:
Having lived in a “party house” - I also find it odd that there was no gathering that we know of on the night that other parties were occurring AND KG was back in town. People would just randomly show up at our house and an unplanned party would “just happen” a lot or we would meet ppl out at a party and retire to our house for a smaller party, of that makes sense. With everyone gone and split up across town, I’m curious if anyone went by checking for a party…there’s the entire daytime timeline we are still missing…

Completely MOO, and conjecture, but if I were trying to avoid someone who was a “frequent flyer” a frequent drop-in uninvited at my house, someone who I know would be coming by looking for a party- I would make sure there was NO PARTY at my house that they could be drawn to. I would make sure I was not at home until “too late” to open the door for company. It’s one thing to run into someone in piblic where you can leave, and it’s another to have someone in your home that you want to leave.
I don't know if we know whether hadn't been a gathering at the house earlier. There had been a football game that day. Maybe some people were there after the game for a bit and then went out on the town or to other parties. When I was in school, game days were usually nights when everyone would be out at bars since there would be lots of people in town.

I can let you know of a unsolved murders of 2 victims not family related with a knife that occurred in my hometown about 20 years ago now. Goggle Dolly Madison Bakery Murders. Great Bend, Kansas
I believe the person of interest is a fellow student that very way have been shunned or in some way belittled or thought hey/they were belittled by Kaylee or Madison. In all murders of passion or revenge the target is always stabbed the worst and often in the face and sometimes after the attack if the faces are covered, with a blankeg, pillow or something, it’s because they know the person. I said, before it came out, I wanted to know who was attacked the worst, because then I would know the target. So, now everyone knows the target was Kaylee. I would person be reviewing the last several weeks of surveillance from on campus, their neighbors cameras, all police body cameras within all areas Kaylee went, gas stations she frequently went to, banks etc etc to view any consistent POI, I am shocked that their is no footage from Ring Doorbell Cameras, since most have them, I’d also view the food truck cameras for the last several months too. Not too long ago, contact dna hit the scenes, and if they have that, they could easily cross reference that through a genealogy site, since currently it seems to be legal. That coincided with POI could deem a break through on the case.

I'm curious because I know of historical memorials and also more current ones. The most recent one is a memorial pocket park. Far removed from the place where the officer (who the park is named for) perished. How do you think the owner should be compensated? And at fair market value? JMHO
If the city wants to purchase the home to tear it down, then I assume they would have to purchase it from the owner at fair market value - if the owner agreed to sell it. Also, the residents of the city would have to have input regarding their taxes and if that is how they want the city council to spend their tax dollars. I suspect the residents would be willing to add this to the city budget if it didn't involve a significant increase in taxes.

JMO.

The killer doesn't have to have ever been in the house to know the layout well. Photos are available online. Just spend some time piecing it together and then study it.

Enter the second level sliding door or window, go up to the third floor to kill, get caught on the second floor and therefore kill some more, slide back out the way you came in.

MOO
I agree with this, that’s the exact theory I came up with. And unfortunately, not to sound harsh, Madison and the two victims on the second floor were collateral damage. That’s exactly why the two on the first floor weren’t killed too. Someone knew of Kaylees return into town and knew if they were going to do it, it had to happen then since she just came back in town. I really believe it was someone she was an familiar with that possibly rejected them in some way or fashion and that set everything in motion.

That's what doesn't make sense, and I remember the conversation about it, but I thought it got turned around. Oy. Which way did they turn on 95? It seems like there were questions about how the gas station attendant could know the direction. Clearly, I'm going to need to take an extended leave of absence from work until this case is solved so that I can keep up ;)

In theory, I guess it could be a killer not from Moscow (which is my theory) and without a phone he got turned around and headed out the wrong direction. And then what was the car doing in troy or kendrick? There are potentially reasons why the driver wouldn't have contacted LE. That's not surprising, but it doesn't necessarily mean homicidal maniac imo.
No phone so got turned around, yes, good point. But if he’s smart enough to leave the phone, would he drive right up to the residence?

Fingers crossed for good news at 1pm. Kaylee and Maddie's celebration of life service is today at 3pm at Coeur d'Alene.
I sure to hope so! LE has been doing just fine thus far with their almost daily written press releases, so I am really keeping my fingers crossed that since this is an actual press conference, there is something new to report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong