ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 41 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Alethea
Does the burglary charge mean that he did “break in” or just that he entered the house?
here is what it means in Idaho. Section 18-1401 – Idaho State Legislature

that will be further defined by case law, but basically, 18-1401. BURGLARY DEFINED. Every person who enters any house, room, apartment, ... with intent to commit any theft or any felony is guilty of burglary.

I wish people would finally realized these things are real life and not a netflix show they're binging. LE and prosecutors have nothing to gain and everything to lose by divulging their investigation and case. It's honestly disturbing how people react to their infatuation with needing to know more. First people want an arrest, then that's not enough. My god. I had to stop reading reddit because of the inane postings.
Agreed. Less than seven weeks is not unreasonable.

I have to say that I think the MPD has done an excellent job in this investigation and also keeping the public as updated as they possibly could without jeopardizing the investigation. I cannot begin to imagine the emotional and physical stress it has taken on the entire team of LE involved. They worked so hard and did good work and got an arrest. Thank you all.

I'm sure they have more evidence than the car, but wish they had that murder weapon, i wonder where it is?

No. He is apparently enrolled for Spring. IMO.

Doctoral programs are typically three years. He got a Master's from DeSales. He entered WSU Fall 2021.

I wonder if they'll let him take online courses in jail. He's still innocent under the law. Most jails don't permit it, but some do. What a bizarre possibility.
The question is would WSU allow him remain in active status? Some reason will (justifiably IMO) be found for him to be put on leave of absence. WSU would not and could withstand the scrutiny if he's permitted to remain enrolled in classes. Faculty would find a way to remove him from their classes or make it very challenging for him to be successful IMO.

Transcription of important portions of press conference (from the WFLA stream)

Moscow Police Chief Richard Fry: Last night, in conjunction with Pennsylvania State Police, FBI, detectives arrested 28-year-old Bryan Christopher Kohberger on the murders of Ethan, Xana, Madison, and Kaylee. [...] Kohberger resides in Pullman, WA and is a graduate student at Washington State University.

We do believe justice will be found through the criminal process. This was a very complex and extensive case. We developed a clear picture over time and we stand assured that the work is not done, it's just getting started.

Latah County Prosecutor Bill Thompson: It's sad to be here, but happy to be here at the same time. As Chief Fry indicated, a criminal complaint was filed yesterday here in Latah County, charging the defendant Mr. Kohberger with four counts of 1st degree murder in addition to felony burglary, which involves injuring the residents with the intent to commit the crime of murder.

The factual basis for the charges are summarized in what's called the probable cause affidavit that's on file with the court. According to the Idaho Supreme Court, that is sealed until Mr. Kohberger is physically back in Latah County and has been served with an Idaho arrest warrant. At that time, we expect that that affidavit will be available to you so you can share the true facts with your readers, and your watchers, and your listeners.

[Mr. Kohberger] is being held without bond, and the the warrant from our magistrate judge here also provides for no bond. We understand that he is scheduled to be back in court in Pennsylvania next Tuesday afternoon and that a public defender has been appointed for him there.

[To the media] Please ask the public, anyone who knows about this individual, to come forward, call the tip line, report anything you know about him to help the investigators, and eventually our office, and the court system understand fully everything there is to know about not only the individual, but what happened, and why.

Idaho State Police Director Kedrick Wells: This investigation is far from over. This is not an ending, but rather a new beginning. The difference now is, as he [Thompson] shared, that we are dictated what information we can share by the court process and by laws of our State of Idaho.

Reporter: Can you tell us what tip, what lead, what piece of evidence really led you all the way from Idaho to the suspect in Pennsylvania?

Chief Fry: As I've said in the past, that's part of our investigation and we won't be releasing that at this time. We will have those answers, we will have them as soon as we can make those available to you.

Reporter: Is our community safe? Or, is law enforcement still on the search for other suspects who might be involved in this attack?

Chief Fry: What I can tell you is we have an individual in custody who committed these, um, horrible crimes and, uh, I do believe our community is safe but we still need to be vigilant, right? We still have talked about this in the past, we always need to be aware of our surroundings and make sure that we're aware of what's going on.

Reporter: Can you tell us why [the cleanup at the house was rapidly stopped]?

Chief Fry: Yes, uh, the house cleanup has been halted and that came by a legal request from the court.

Reporter: Have you identified a motive?

Chief Fry: That's part of the investigation and that will, um, come out as we continue the investigation. But what we still ask is for people to continually send us things in the tip line.

Reporter: Have you guys found the murder weapon or the Hyundai Elantra?

Chief Fry: So we are still looking for, um, all pieces of evidence, um, but we are still looking for the, the, the weapon, and I will say that, uh, we have found an Elantra.

Reporter: Can you talk a little bit more about the suspect's connection to Pennsylvania?

Chief Fry: All I know is that he lives in Pennsylvania.

Just listened to the PC. Did no one ask the question “are you confident that he acted alone?”
A reporter asked if the community is safe or if they’re still searching for other suspects who may be involved & Frye responded perfectly with “what I can tell you is we have an individual in custody who committed these horrible crimes & I do believe our community is safe, but we still need to be vigilant”

Yay!!!!! Quadruple yay !!!! for their 4 families to have the process starting to get justice for their loved ones!!!!

Suspect in Custody in Killings of Four University of Idaho Students: Reports

"Kohberger is listed as a Ph.D student at Washington State University in Pullman, Wash., in the Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology, according to the college's website. The university is eight miles away from the 1122 King Road residence in Moscow, Idaho where the four students were killed."
IMO, this makes me think back to a couple of previous posters who stated that we would be shocked when we found out who had done this. Yes, I’m shocked

Can't wait to hear from friends, schoolmates, neighbors and family of this guy. Bet there's some weird stuff out there. Would also like to know if he's talking to LE or being difficult. I bet he thinks he's smarter than LE and tries to play games with them.

Did Chief Fry just say something along the lines of "they have the suspect who committed the crime"? Is he supposed to say something like that?

I'm just thinking that a person is thought to be innocent until proven guilty.

Yes, he is supposed to say that. They would not have arrested him if they were not certain he was guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆