ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 41 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shows good range for a spree killer. Surprised crimes weren't in southern Colorado or someplace.
I don't believe intended to complete his PhD. I believe he studied unsolved crimes in the area and wanted to pursue this crime with the PhD enrolment as an excuse to be in the area. He target the house. He selected the situation and believed he would not be caught.

In my circle of friends which includes a retired FBI agent and several retired detectives and officers I don’t know one who knows about the case or even cares about it.
That may actually make sense, because they've dealt with enough of that IRL over the years.

Anecdote: I used to love those ER and hospital reality shows, and then I got a job in a hospital, and while it was in the pharmacy and I personally saw very little gore, I definitely read about it all day in our orders, and started watching other things on TV on my days off.

Someone did raise a similar question- and he said the suspect was arrested but to remain vigilant as he said before. Doesn’t sound like he believes there is another person based on that
Exactly my interpretation of what he said. And he started by saying that, yes, the community was safe now—and then went on to suggest remaining vigilant. (Because he knows there’s more out there, not connected to this one.)
MOO

Shows good range for a spree killer. Surprised crimes weren't in southern Colorado or someplace.
Were it not for the case being closed, I'd be thinking the same kind of thing about the murder of that newlywed lesbian couple that's been followed here, although in that case, I always thought it was someone who knew them, and I was right. (Doesn't mean he didn't know these victims.)

Hello.

I am listening to FBI correspondents right now and he thinks the same thing as far as BK being very intelligent, cocky, sociopath. Could very likely be trying to throw LE off.

This correspondent also believed the halt in cleaning of the house could have been the prosecutor’s assumption that BK defense team may want the same level of access to the house the prosecution had in building their defense. Essentially leaving the defense team for BK access will help solve problems later on in trial.

Both sides were allowed access to the crime scene before cleaning and before the public.

Sounds smart to me.
A PhD student who [allegedly] enters a stranger's home in the middle of the night to commit murder is almost by definition an "intelligent, cocky, sociopath."

This is not a revelation that requires any expertise.

LE is very limited still on sharing any real details about the crime as they have pieced together and think it happened. At least until he is extradited back to Idaho and then even still, details will likely have to come from the court.

I'm like the rest of you. I'd like to know how he first came in contact with the victims and when. Of course we all want to know why, as absurd as the reason will be.
I think he's a social media stalker, hater of good and beautiful things because he IS NOT.

MOO

That may actually make sense, because they've dealt with enough of that IRL over the years.

Anecdote: I used to love those ER and hospital reality shows, and then I got a job in a hospital, and while it was in the pharmacy and I personally saw very little gore, I definitely read about it all day in our orders, and started watching other things on TV on my days off.
Once you see enough dead people, you want a mental break.

Where have people been using this case as or suspect as a representation of ocd? I just haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere but I’m struggling to keep up
One of BK's family members said he didn't want to use cooking pots that had been used for non-vegan foods, and that he was "kind of OCD about it."

Its obviously completely abnormal that he drove back to PA!?

A 37 hour drive is excessive when he probably only had a week off. That's surely a red flag

No this guy went to WSU. I don't think they had an emergency study from home like Idaho State had.He would have had to gone back to class before the thanksgiving break.

If i'm the detective interviewing, the very first thing I bring up would go something like this,

"You're a criminal justice major. You're working on your PhD. How do you not consider the fact that we'd spot your vehicle driving into and out of the crime scene or that we'd pull your DNA?"

If he hangs and shakes his head and doesn't say anything that would be pretty telling.
I wouldn't give him any information in regards to evidence until absolutely necessary.

Where have people been using this case as or suspect as a representation of ocd? I just haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere but I’m struggling to keep up
Daily Mail change the headlines as they updated the cases but this article was one of the first ones posted when he was arrested and it was titled "Bryan Kohberger: the OCD Libertarian Vegan" and goes into his family's alleged comments about what foods he would eat.

Did the victims -- one or more of them -- know this man, or were acquainted with him?

Had he been to the residence before?
No telling at this point, LE / prosecutors will eventually paint the picture of how they think he ended up at their house to kill them. IMO he was definitely aware of them (1 or more of them) ahead of the day of the murders, and had been around their neighborhood before, but just a hunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77