ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a transcript. Me speculating.

"911. What's your emergency?"

"My, my, my roommate is passed out and covered in blood"

"Is he breathing?"

"I don't know."

(Operator dispatches EMS and LE for unconcious person while continuing to follow script with caller)

I think we can read a lot into the fact that there is no mention of an ambulance or paramedics being dispatched. Perhaps they were. This would be part of a professional police narrative but absent here. Usually you read "911 received a call of an unconcious person at 11:58 AM and EMS was dispatched along with police. Police arrived at 12:02 PM. Paramedics fro the Latah County Fire Department arrived 2 minutes later at 12:04 PM...."

Not all 911 medical calls are emergencies. Not all unconscious persons are emergencies. But an UNOBSERVED unconsciousness is an emergency.

I'm going to speculate that there was a presumtion of an overdose so I would have expected a quick EMS ressponse yet we have heard nothing about that. I'm wondering if the responding officers had their Narcan with them.
Brian Nickerson, the fire chief of the Moscow Volunteer Fire and EMS Department, said police were the first to arrive at the home. The first responders from the fire and EMS department didn't go inside or transport anyone from the scene, Nickerson said.

Why should they? They stated a call was made from inside the house from one of the roommates' phone is enough for the public to know.
They are not obliged to give the details , and I expect they know a lot more they are not disclosing.
People have speculated that they believe the police may consider the 911 caller a suspect. I am unsure. would it be wrong to assume you do not?

My phone needs to be unlocked by punching in 4 numbers. I think my wife knows it...maybe. Point is I assume most people have their phones set up like this so how did the friend know the "roommates" phone code or was it just wide open or perhaps the phone allows 911 call? Was it Ethan's phone they used? If so I don't like the implications of that...very sad if so.
Below is what the press release says. I would suggest it’s possible one of the surviving roommates and the 911 caller were standing together when they called. Maybe the roommate had her phone in hand but was in shock/too freaked out to speak, so handed it to the person who actually made the call.
  • Initially, the 911 call made at 11:58 a.m. on November 13th requested aid for an unconscious person. The call was made from inside the residence on one of the roommates’ cell phone. Moscow Police Department arrived shortly thereafter and found all four victims. Moscow Homicide Update

Here’s the map. It didn’t link in the Facebook page.

I SS and zoomed on the map in link above.
View attachment 381112
Thank you! Not many options for getting and out of the neighborhood.

It could just be the two surviving roommates were in so much shock at what was discovered that they were unable to call 911 so this other person did. Maybe one of the roommates dialed 911 on her phone and was unable to speak/get words out, so the other person grabbed it from her and was the only person heard speaking on the call.

Who is the other person? Of course we haven't been told but my speculation is a friend, either of one or all of the deceased or maybe of all 6 of them who came over to see one or more of the deceased individuals. MOO

Below is what the press release says. I would suggest it’s possible one of the surviving roommates and the 911 caller were standing together when they called. Maybe the roommate had her phone in hand but was in shock/too freaked out to speak, so handed it to the person who actually made the call.
  • Initially, the 911 call made at 11:58 a.m. on November 13th requested aid for an unconscious person. The call was made from inside the residence on one of the roommates’ cell phone. Moscow Police Department arrived shortly thereafter and found all four victims. Moscow Homicide Update
Thank you. That makes perfect sense in my opinion. Just awful too.

My phone needs to be unlocked by punching in 4 numbers. I think my wife knows it...maybe. Point is I assume most people have their phones set up like this so how did the friend know the "roommates" phone code or was it just wide open or perhaps the phone allows 911 call? Was it Ethan's phone they used? If so I don't like the implications of that...very sad if so.
You can call 911 from any phone even if you don’t have the passcode. You press “emergency” at the bottom left of the keypad screen.

People have speculated that they believe the police may consider the 911 caller a suspect. I am unsure. would it be wrong to assume you do not?
I'm not sure either, but at this time no I do not think the caller is a suspect. Just because he is not named, to me doesn't point to him being a suspect.

The two girls were unfortunately named by the Daily Mail, and may have been harassed or given unneeded attention because of that.
So LE is being very careful I think.

I also don't see a person who savagely killed 4 people in the house the previous night come back and appear perfectly normal....then again I don't know the killer's mindset.

In any case, keeping an open mind.

I wish they were more clear with these statements. What is this "one of the roommates cell phones" supposed to mean? It raises more questions than it answers.

I think ALL cell phones must allow emergency calls, even if not paying for service. That has been the case for several years. Emergency calls include 911 and (I think) your ICE contact.

I do think it's unusual that no one moved toward the victim to see if they could help??? Who does that? A young man down on the ground and you do nothing to help?

I'm not sure either, but at this time no I do not think the caller is a suspect. Just because he is not named, to me doesn't point to him being a suspect.

The two girls were unfortunately named by the Daily Mail, and may have been harassed or given unneeded attention because of that.
So LE is being very careful I think.

I also don't see a person who savagely killed 4 people in the house the previous night come back and appear perfectly normal....then again I don't know the killer's mindset.

In any case, keeping an open mind.
I think you make a very important point. The killer(s) hasn't been caught. Naming possible witnesses could put people in danger. There are too many variables for us to assume anything meaningful just based on no names or specific relationships to victims being released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288