ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> ... another dog being skinned late last month. Mentioned in link below.

That's when I knew I had to take a little break from the case. Possible the suspect "practiced" on the dog first? This case makes me sick and need to stop checking in for my mental health. But it's so hard to break away. Something with the Eliza Fletcher case. I can't wait until the murderer is caught.

A better article about a dog being skinned in the area of Moscow shortly before the murders. Four Idaho students murdered may have been too shocked to scream

Last edited by a moderator:
Respectfully, every literate adult knows the location of the heart and lungs, and that large, vital, veins and arteries travel through the neck.

My first-year med school anatomy lab classmates would like a word... ;)

In all seriousness though, I agree with your overall point. I think this particular killer knew all the things you described. But I'm not sure any old person would know necessarily, unless they were planning to kill. Knowing these organs and vessels exist and their general location isn't the same as knowing exactly where to strike to strike them at once. It doesn't take much to aim for the heart and end up a centimeter (or even millimeter) short, for instance. JMO.

It doesn't make sense than an inexperienced person with that type of knife would have the skill to murder 4 people unless at least the first two were dispatched quickly and with skill.

I never said it was like a deer being dressed. I was referring to the murderer's skill with his weapon vs that of an angry neophyte.

Which is my opinion.
If I remember right, its been reported all were stabbed multiple times. JMO

Looks like PD is investigating Jack. Kaylee had recently broken up with him, and they also shared custody of the dog.
Why would they be calling him if he was killing them? Also, it sounds to me like he has a pretty rock solid alibi based on what I’ve read.

I agree. I think this person was familiar with how to properly disable and kill with a knife. moo
Agreed, but the OPs comment was about hunters and dressing animals. Hunters and butcherers don't kill with their knives, so I don't see how being a hunter has anything to do with killing a human with a knife by stabbing them in the chest.

In all seriousness though, I agree with your overall point. I think this particular killer knew all the things you described. But I'm not sure any old person would know necessarily, unless they were planning to kill. Knowing these organs and vessels exist and their general location isn't the same as knowing exactly where to strike to strike them at once. It doesn't take much to aim for the heart and end up a centimeter (or even millimeter) short, for instance. JMO.
Also every student in the US since their first day of kindergarten recites the Pledge of Allegiance every morning "hand over your heart."

What if you slash instead of stab? As a physician your insight is invaluable! I ironically had just posted images from an article on that. But your insight would be able to help clarify if that makes sense.

No idea if this applies or will be helpful, but I spend a lot of time with college students, and not leaving a message (assuming this is the case), is consistent with my experience. Of course this is a generalization, but they tend not to use their phones for calling unless completely necessary, including leaving voicemails.

Also in terms of bedtimes (from other posts), 2:00 am is definitely an ungodly hour for me, but not for many college students, especially on a weekend.

All MOO of course.

Dont young people text more than call...?

Last few years, I text more than call now, and I am old.

JMO.

Thank you for the transcription with the link, @Kittybunny.

I suspect the killer tried to minimize leaving his own DNA (I believe this was pre-planned), and I sure hope he failed.

The crime scene has been described as quite bloody, and crime history suggests a likelihood of a killer cutting himself during the attack. Having the killer’s DNA extracted from blood evidence at the crime scene (on the victims or intermingled with the victims’ blood) is ideal as that places the killer at the scene during the time frame. It makes sense that processing multiple samples would take time.

Other DNA evidence will be more difficult and likely more time-consuming to investigate given the number of individuals who had reason to visit or to be present in the house as well as the social activities of the victims leading up to the timeframe.

Very glad the latest FBI team had the opportunity to visit, investigate and walk through the crime scene. They now (should) have a good idea of the crime scene flow from the autopsies and initial analysis of other evidence.

That’s one silver lining here — even if the initial LE response may not have been smooth, they were able to preserve and isolate the crime scene for subsequent focused analysis. That will be key, IMHO.

They’ll catch this guy. He’s shrewd but up against the best in the nation, and he’s not shrewd enough to have out-foxed them. He left a trail.

JMO.

(I refer to an unknown solo male killer in the above for discussion purposes. No person or person(s) have been identified as POI(s) by LE at the time of this post.)
Regarding protecting the crime scene, I wonder if you or anyone else on here could shed any light as to why LE/et al went into the house (lots of them) in their own clothes and not hazmat gear? I've never seen this before (I'm in the UK). TIA

I wonder if Kaylee visiting for the weekend has some importance? Could her presence have angered someone?
You look at what’s different, what recently happened that could have triggered this event?

And in that regard, from what we know at least, it all points to Kaylee as the main target. She recently had a very significant breakup. She got a new job and was moving on to a new life. She had gone home, returned for the weekend, and was not going to be there long. She showed up with an expensive, new (to her) vehicle that she wanted to show to everyone.

Note: in no way, shape or form am I casting “blame” or anything. I just think it’s important to note these facts

“Kaylee was just home,” Kristi Goncalves said. “She went back and forth all day long about whether or not (she should go back to Moscow.)”

Kristi says her daughter ultimately decided to head down, eager to show her friends the vehicle she had just purchased all on her own. The 21-year-old was set to graduate in December and had a job lined up. Her family says she had so much to celebrate.

“We talked a lot,” Kristi said. “I know she had a fun time Friday night…(she) called me around 2:30 Saturday afternoon.”

Kaylee is calling her ex boyfriend several times shortly before she was murdered. Do we know if she saw him or talked to him since her return to campus after her trip home? Friday and Saturday? tia

Looks like PD is investigating Jack. Kaylee had recently broken up with him, and they also shared custody of the dog.
I found this interview to be very enlightening, actually. It gave me an understanding of the kind of person that Kaylee may have been, what is important to her parents, and her relationship with them. MOO

Other articles have stated that it was a mutual break up. JMO

Dont young people text more than call...?

Last few years, I text more than call now, and I am old.
I don’t know about y’all, but most young people I know have location services enabled between their friends. In addition to Snapchat and other socmedia like the livestream by the food truck, they can see where most of their social circle is at any time. Like if someone is nearby the bar you are at, you’ll message or call them and stop in.

My point is, if anyone is calling someone to come by, they might know that the person is in town, at least?

direct link to research showing HOW VERY RARE IT IS FOR THIS MURDER OF YOUNG COLLEGE WOMEN NOT TO INVOLVE SEXUAL ASSAULT.
They were more than ten times more likely to have been sexually assaulted and murdered than simply murdered.
I’m honestly shocked that there was no attempt with these three beautiful women and a middle of the night intruder.
It makes this crime much more strange/odd to me- horrific as it is.
We know there are rapists and sexual deviants who eventually murder- loads of cases on here. Men who are rapists who are known to murder a victim.
I’m sure the loved ones of these lovely young people are relieved there was no sexual assault and I am relieved they didn’t endure that horrid violation as well.
In any case, I can’t wrap my brain around the motive for the murders.
It is a dangerous psychopath who is loose, not a rapist who murdered.
all IMHO of course

SO, it's been allll speculation that the calls were about a dog, or about anything since they left no voice mails....very very odd.

WHY not leave at least one message....urgent to get in touch with J....but no message left?? NO text??

Cant say where my mind is going, BUT THANK YOU for explaining!
If your mind is going to someone else making the calls besides the girls I am there with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd