ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it seems like at least some of the victims had defensive wounds.Wouldn't police have noticed some marks on this man/woman?
I think defensive wounds are wounds on the victim that the the attacker has left. Defensive wounds don’t necessarily mean injury to the attacker. It just means the victim attempted to block some of the blows.

Maybe the killer knew phones track location and didn't bring their phone.
So the killer returns to the scene of the crime the next day and pretends to be the one to find the bodies and then uses either one of the victims phones or one of the phones of the surviving roommates from within the house...wild idea but plausible

Why would the friend use one of the victims phones? Or could it have been one of the two survivors’ phones? Why not use his/her own phone?
Maybe it was EC's friend who was supposed to catch up with him that morning. He pulled up at the house, didn't worry about grabbing his phone out of the car, and just went up to knock on the door. Saw a body, went inside, saw a phone on floor or kitchen bench or somewhere close by and just grabbed it and rang 911.

Ok, a little more clarity or confusion… The call was made from a roommate’s phone, but not actually made by the roommate. And the surviving roommates were there when the police responded, but we don’t necessarily know if they were there when the call was made…

“The surviving roommates were home when police responded to a call for an unconscious individual at the home at about noon, Fry said. The roommates were not the 911 callers, according to Idaho State Police spokesman Aaron Snell. The 911 caller's identity hasn't been released.”

me speculating
could it be that one of the surviving roommates had someone sleep over that night, that person woke up before them went upstairs to get water or something, found a body, ran downstairs and since they were staying the night w one of the girls’ they’re phone was dead and not charging from the night before woke them up and called 911 using the roommates phone too scared to go back up and say more details they just say idk they were lying on the floor and there was blood

They said the call came from one of the roommates' cellphone, but didn't say who called.
So many questions around the 911 call.
Even more so now after learning it came from one of the roomate’s phone.
If you came across this scene it wouldn’t be the first thing to do… to use someone’s phone there. I’m even more confused than before

So the killer returns to the scene of the crime the next day and pretends to be the one to find the bodies and then uses either one of the victims phones or one of the phones of the surviving roommates from within the house...wild idea but plausible
Well, the killer appears to be pretty brazen to begin with, so honestly, I wouldn't put anything past him.

Maybe it was EC's friend who was supposed to catch up with him that morning. He pulled up at the house, didn't worry about grabbing his phone out of the car, and just went up to knock on the door. Saw a body, went inside, saw a phone on floor or kitchen bench or somewhere close by and just grabbed it and rang 911.
Yuck. Bloody phone. I’d go back and get my own (and get the hell out of that house).

My phone needs to be unlocked by punching in 4 numbers. I think my wife knows it...maybe. Point is I assume most people have their phones set up like this so how did the friend know the "roommates" phone code or was it just wide open or perhaps the phone allows 911 call? Was it Ethan's phone they used? If so I don't like the implications of that...very sad if so.

Here, these guys seem more sensible and know their limits. The fact that they have called the FBI already is a good sign.
The last homicide in Moscow was in 2015 so local LE would have little to no experience with this type of crime. I don't know when the FBI became involved but it should have been immediately.

A small town has 4 college students murdered in a brutal way, no suspect in custody and LE said that there wasn't a threat to the public. IMO, it's safe to say that FBI was not involved early enough.

me speculating
could it be that one of the surviving roommates had someone sleep over that night, that person woke up before them went upstairs to get water or something, found a body, ran downstairs and since they were staying the night w one of the girls’ they’re phone was dead and not charging from the night before woke them up and called 911 using the roommates phone too scared to go back up and say more details they just say idk they were lying on the floor and there was blood
anyone else in the house that night would immediately be a suspect... how convenient it would be if the killer is the boyfriend of one of the surviving roommates...
Bringing this forward in case anyone missed it. It's a police statement that answers most of the questions mentioned here.
who made the call? why didn't they use their own phone? and why are the police so vague about it?

me speculating

Curious if the other roommates had anyone stay over that night that could have been the caller.

My phone needs to be unlocked by punching in 4 numbers. I think my wife knows it...maybe. Point is I assume most people have their phones set up like this so how did the friend know the "roommates" phone code or was it just wide open or perhaps the phone allows 911 call? Was it Ethan's phone they used? If so I don't like the implications of that...very sad if so.

News flash - you can call 911 from your locked phone without punching in your 4 numbers to unlock it.

I’m pretty sure if I stumbled across my dear friend’s dead body that appeared to have trauma, I’d run as far as I could away from the house and then make the 911 call. How do you know the killer isn’t still there?

Unless the trauma really wasn’t visible, but I’m finding that hard to believe given all the other details we’ve heard about the crime and the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy