ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes is it assumed the survivors were in the basement/converted garage bedrooms 1 and 2. This would make the idea of them not hearing anything much more plausible IMO given the noise coming from the utility closet (where the furnace is) and potentially laundry room combined with the basement insulation as well as the overall distance from the other bedrooms.
I am guessing that if it was a garage at one time, there had to be some kind of protection from exhaust fumes . Lots of insulation?

I remember reading that but I don’t think I ever saw it. I thought I heard it was in a video but I haven’t gone looking for it. Could be just a rumor but it would make sense, especially if the 2 surviving roommates were in PJs (and shock) when they had to leave the house.
A lot of articles online have been scrubbed(taken off) re this case already.

I agree. I mean, anyone who is capable of knifing four people to death, regardless of the reason, is a general threat to the public, imo.
Well that's for sure! However I believe it will turn out to be a targeted murder of someone or all in that group of four. Since they were killed while sleeping , what random killer would decide to kill everyone in a house with no motive. There is motive in this crime....IMO

Not dissing you at all. But they printed his name? Seems like a lot of media is lowering themselves to DM standards. The misinformation being put out by all media in this case is driving me nuts. Imo. Again, not dissing you.
Yup. They did print his name, I was surprised too. (I copy/pasted from the article and decided to edit out his name.)

I wonder if they left a voicemail? Her sister didn’t indicate one way or the other?
Her dad was speaking as if she had, saying things like "we have a dog together" "you need to reach out" "come over"- as in, Kaylee was saying those things to J. Taking it with a huge grain of salt though to be honest because even if she had left a voicemail I'm not sure her father would have heard it? It was interesting though because both her parents seemed to feel very adamant that was the sentiment behind the calls to J.
You can listen to the interview here. They both sound like incredibly strong people.

It is believed to be Xana’s bedroom
Based on the floor plan it is the bedroom on the right 2nd floor, and the one others have said X and E occupied.
Bringing my own post forward:

I thought I would highlight these points from this video interview with Kaylee's parents:
Fox News Interview with The Goncalves

[NOTE: I did my best to transcribe the dialogue, but it's hard on my phone while trying to type in one window and listen to the interview and type in the other. Any inaccuracies are my own.]

Dad: "They're telling us that there's so much evidence that it's going to take a lot of time to process it all. This wasn't a pinpoint crime, this person was sloppy, he (I'm saying he, that is my assumption) made a mess, and they're going to have to go through that point by point and that's going to take a lot of time, that is why they reached out to other organizations to help with that processing."

Mom: "that's why they have a mobile unit on site, they said that that is really going help expedite things. They've reached out to multiple labs for help in DNA processing, in other states. Hopefully get sites like 23andme involved. They haven't told us that they have DNA from the killer, but that they do have a ton of evidence. It's just going take a lot of time to analyze it. And now with the FBI task force on site they were able to collect a great deal evidence."

I don't believe it's a question of technology, but rather processing and elimination of everyone else's DNA. In a crime scene this messy with a lot of people coming and going, including investigators and crime scene technicians, it's going to take a while to sort through all of this and isolate the samples to be tested. I am not an expert though it's also a question of lab capacity, I have read many articles about Lab backlogs, especially during/after Covid. Of course, this case will get high priority, but it's still not instantaneous.
I agree, and am hoping other evidence will focus them on an individual before DNA is needed.
The scene has been described as very bloody, which samples do you take where to try to catch the perp;s DNA from him cutting himself?
Also, the home has been described as a party house, when was the last time they had visitors, their DNA would be there too.
Hoping they have camera footage, someone saw a car or bike, or person walking, all the people from the party at the frat house were moving around too. It looks like college students live in many of the surrounding homes- hopefully someone saw something.

I remember reading that but I don’t think I ever saw it. I thought I heard it was in a video but I haven’t gone looking for it. Could be just a rumor but it would make sense, especially if the 2 surviving roommates were in PJs (and shock) when they had to leave the house.
Exactly. And I'd like to look at it to see if anyone besides the two girls are huddled with them. Perhaps the 911 caller is also there with them. I've searched but can't find the pic in images or video.

Also, just my opinion, I don't think he had time to aim for the heart and stab several times, why wouldn't the other roommate have reacted? He knew what he was doing. What if the girls were sleeping on their stomachs, and he had to kill both as quickly as possible. A novice would not know where to stab in the back, imo. I was thinking about this as I lay face down last night, with several covers on. How would a person not familiar with anatomy, through butchering game, know exactly where to attack, given that he had to do it efficiently and quickly.

if we knew the position of the bodies.......

BTW....I hunted and butchered deer for 20 years. Big difference how a novice butchers compared to a pro.
Respectfully, every literate adult knows the location of the heart and lungs, and that large, vital, veins and arteries travel through the neck. Any perp, with intent of murder, will know exactly where they need their first strike to land. A sleeping, motionless, defenseless, victim allows that first strike to be relatively precise, even if the victim is lying on their stomach. A large combat knife used with force will break through the rib cage and do horrific damage.

Basic anatomy isn't some special knowledge. This wasn't an autopsy, or a deer being dressed.

My thoughts - after reading every thread
The target was on the 3rd floor Kaylee or Madison or both .

I think the killer entered via the slider and headed toward the 3rd floor- toward the intended victim.

I think either before or after the murders on the third floor - there was an unplanned run in with E - on the second floor, perhaps he was getting a drink or using the bathroom - reports seem to state that E was not in bed but on the floor of the second level.

Also X more likely awoke to the scuffle and became involved. Articles and statements from her father indicate defensive wounds.

I think the perp had an intended victim - perhaps he was unsure of which room on the third floor was which - but I believe E and X were not intended..

Which is why the perp left immediately after.. ignoring the other two roommates in the basement completely- they never were on his/her radar.

<modnsip: Quoted post was removed>

LE said that the 911 call came from one of the surviving roommates' cell phones, but they didn't say who made the call.

Last edited by a moderator:
This new update is matching more and more that MM or KG were the target and the surviving roommates heard nothing because of their proximity to where the murders occurred. I still strongly suspect that the killer entered through the sliding glass door and went hunting for his target and found EC/XN sleeping in the same bed and killed them. Then he went upstairs and found KG & BM and killed them. Having satisfied his mission and seeing no other witnesses, he left.

The two survivors survived by pure luck that he didn't go down to the first floor. The one thing that I still find intriguing is if the murders happened between 3-4 AM and one of the surviving roommates made the call, why did they report it as an "unconscious person"? The crime scene was described as a bloody mess so whoever they saw unconscious would've presumably had blood all over or near them.

I'm not as worried about the timeframe as to why they called at noon. If both went to bed very late, it's possible they slept in and didn't come out of their rooms until very late AM. They could've been doing homework, texting/talking to friends or just playing on their phones and having a lazy Sunday. If they were on the first floor and heard nothing, then there's no reason for them to come out of their rooms.

Well, speaking as someone who’s called 911 a lot of times, (car accidents,) I wouldn’t say that someone was dead unless I saw a severed head, or found skeletal remains. I’d want to get medical help, to either help or ascertain that the person was dead. (Sometimes even trained emergency personnel get it wrong, so a layman shouldn’t presume to say that someone is dead.)

So, ‘unconscious, lots of blood’ seems right to me. And I don’t know how the 911 person sends things out. Are there codes for various situations?

Her dad was speaking as if she had, saying things like "we have a dog together" "you need to reach out" "come over"- as in, Kaylee was saying those things to J. Taking it with a huge grain of salt though to be honest because even if she had left a voicemail I'm not sure her father would have heard it? It was interesting though because both her parents seemed to feel very adamant that was the sentiment behind the calls to J.
You can listen to the interview here. They both sound like incredibly strong people.
K's parents were talking about K saying those things during her week-long recent stay with her parents, not during the call to J on that Saturday night when she called six times.

My thoughts - after reading every thread
The target was on the 3rd floor Kaylee or Madison or both .

I think the killer entered via the slider and headed toward the 3rd floor- toward the intended victim.

I think either before or after the murders on the third floor - there was an unplanned run in with E - on the second floor, perhaps he was getting a drink or using the bathroom - reports seem to state that E was not in bed but on the floor of the second level.

Also X more likely awoke to the scuffle and became involved. Articles and statements from her father indicate defensive wounds.

I think the perp had an intended victim - perhaps he was unsure of which room on the third floor was which - but I believe E and X were not intended..

Which is why the perp left immediately after.. ignoring the other two roommates in the basement completely- they never were on his/her radar.
This is my theory as well. I don’t think the killer was intent on killing Ethan and Xana. I think he had to because they saw him and knew who he/she was. It became a necessity.

Then the killer ran. He/she was running out of time and Luck.

I suspect an Injustice Collector.

Time Will Tell.

MOO.

Good question, but why? Why would they want to kill 4?

What if it was as simple as the upstairs partying made him mad. he asked them to shut up and a fight broke our with Ethan?
Still doesn't explain stabbing the others while asleep though.

In the Fox News interview with Kaylee’s parents, they were asked if they had any clue Kaylee was unsafe in Moscow. Her mom said “Absolutely not. And if there were we would have told Kaylee to come home immediately, and same with Maddie.” Her dad said Kaylee was very aware that she was a pretty girl and it could attract some problems and that if she felt uneasy she would turn her camera on and film someone and that she was very aware of her surroundings. To me, that sounds like she did not have a stalker, at least not that her parents were aware of and it did sound like she communicated about that stuff with her mom regularly.

Her mom also said she locked her door and car that night. I’m curious how she knows she locked her door if there were no signs of forced entry though. Unless the police meant there were no signs of exterior forced entry and maybe the door to her bedroom did have signs of forced entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam