ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the deceaseds’ cars be left at the scene of the crime? I initially thought they’d be towed to police headquarters but if they don’t feel any part of the crime took place in the cars, then maybe not. Still in that situation, would families of the deceased take the cars away and back home? Or maybe LE told them they had to stay at the house in case they needed them later? Still in that case, wouldn’t they want them in police custody so they could make sure no one tampered with them? Is it possible the car being searched was one of the surviving roommates’ for some reason? (Not suggesting they are a suspect at all. There could be other reasons for searching them).

Kaylee’s sister said that those 10 phone calls were made, so I assume she has access to the phone records. Did she say whether J ever called back in the morning when he woke up? Did he ever return the calls?
They may be on the same Apple account.

This is possibly significant. They may have had to get a warrant for it (would explain why it took them a week)
The general automobile exception allows a police officer to search a car when the officer believes that there is “probable cause” that the vehicle contains evidence of a crime.
(Idaho law office: When can a police officer search my car? - Atkinson Law Office)
At any rate it would not take a week in the case of a quadruple homicide.

Thank you! I've been in the Rhoden / Gilley Murders for over six years. Nothing like this was permitted over there. We mapped everything. That's an amazing video. It looked like he wasn't flying down that one street, it's blurred on Google. There was a pic in the daily mail of one side of the home that was pretty bad. I just heard an interview from the parents. I think they are obviously in shock.

Edit: Did y'all notice that stools from the kitchen had been put in front of the slider on the 2nd floor? I saw the flier paid particular attention to the wall and some areas on that wall too.

Yes on the stools at 10:00 in the video. I guess LE could have put them there to secure the door, but I wonder if they were like that the night of the murders. That would mean the killer didn't use the sliding door to enter or leave!

Would the deceaseds’ cars be left at the scene of the crime? I initially thought they’d be towed to police headquarters but if they don’t feel any part of the crime took place in the cars, then maybe not. Still in that situation, would families of the deceased take the cars away and back home? Or maybe LE told them they had to stay at the house in case they needed them later? Still in that case, wouldn’t they want them in police custody so they could make sure no one tampered with them? Is it possible the car being searched was one of the surviving roommates’ for some reason? (Not suggesting they are a suspect at all. There could be other reasons for searching them).
Often times LE will want to preserve the crime scene and surrounding areas until they have an idea of what happened or an arrest. If they don't know what they are dealing with yet, they wouldn't have "cleared" the scene and allowed family in to collect belongings. Once they officially declare the scene cleared - meaning they are done investigating it and it can be released to the family - they would allow next of kin to come and get the cars, personal effects, etc.

If they thought a car was significant to the investigation, they'd tow it back to an LE garage for a forensic search. They may have had no evidence that the car was connected so they kept it as it was the night of the murder pending further investigation.

My first-year med school anatomy lab classmates would like a word... ;)

In all seriousness though, I agree with your overall point. I think this particular killer knew all the things you described. But I'm not sure any old person would know necessarily, unless they were planning to kill. Knowing these organs and vessels exist and their general location isn't the same as knowing exactly where to strike to strike them at once. It doesn't take much to aim for the heart and end up a centimeter (or even millimeter) short, for instance. JMO.
I don't know ... I've heard it said that an anti-aircraft round exploding anywhere near an airplane in flight is certain to damage some critical component, since there are so many critical systems on a modern aircraft. I think it's the same way with the upper torso, particularly in the area of the thorax from the neck down. If you stab often enough and hard enough you're sure to hit a major vessel somewhere, and it doesn't take a lot of time to administer multiple stabs to one area. If the victim is sleeping, by the time he can react you can have stabbed him enough times to render him, if not unconscious, then unable to resist to any significant degree.

That there was no sexual assault on any victim, they way they were murdered so personally with a knife face to face, and for them to die of exsanguination suggests a person who killed for the sake of killing.

These kinds of killers have a subtype under the serial killer-types and are considered to be thrill-killers. They are extremely rare and strike so randomly it’s very difficult to catch them.

As an aside, thrill killers can obtain sexual gratification by the act of killing itself.

The theory of of thrill killer should at least be considered IMO because of the above criterion. The methodology and criminology of the perpetrator tells us a lot about his motive(s), or not, we just have to identify what he did and did not do.

Here is a link to the different serial killer subtypes and thrill killers and why I postulated the idea he was this type of killer because of the very acts he committed, and didn’t commit.

(As a side note I wonder if BG [RA] is this type of killer..or was that whole shirtshow a SNAFU of sorts.)
Thanks for this info.
Let’s hope for justice and eventual closure purposes of these 4 young adults, their deaths and their families, that today’s PC will announce they have an arrest or at the very least something hopeful of sorts.

mOO IMHAspieO ymmv

I have been following this case on websleuths for awhile. I have not read every post. I just had a thought to share. I do not know if anyone else has posted this anywhere. Could it be possible that the person or persons who committed this horrible act were complete strangers that had been watching the girls social media accounts like tiktok or instagram?
I think it is a stretch, but I wanted to bring this idea up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆