ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score
ADMIN NOTE:

As Kaylee's parents said she was "a websleuth", we don't know if they meant she was an actual WSer or if it was used in a more generic sense.

If any member or guest reading here knows that Kaylee was in fact a Websleuths member, and her user ID, please send me a private message to advise. Tricia has asked me to find out as she would like to send flowers or make a donation to something in Kaylee's name.

Thank you.

Please read The Rules (linked in my signature), and continue discussion here.

Of note, for anyone other than victims or an officially named POI/suspect, use initials or your post will be removed.

No sleuthing or insinuations/accusations against anyone who is not officially named a POI/suspect by LE.

It is my understanding that LE has said the 911 call was made from a "residents" phone (so not necessarily one of the surviving roommates).

Some thoughts on how the suspect entered the home.

I've heard there was a security "code" used to access the home. Was this for the front door only?

I also notice some tape on the back sliding door. Not sure if that means LE has ruled out that entry or if it was broken.

If the suspect did use a "code" to enter, that would be significant I would think.

I've heard there was a security "code" used to access the home. Was this for the front door only?

I also notice some tape on the back sliding door. Not sure if that means LE has ruled out that entry or if it was broken.

If the killer did use a "code" to enter, that would be significant I would think.
Yes, I believe only the front door had a code. The back door makes a lot of sense as an entry point, and it appears that investigators paid a lot of interest to that door and window.

Nothing new to add.. here to say I have a feeling (based only on what's been posted in the last 3 threads/MOO) that Maddie was the intended target, she happened to have someone in the room with her (reason for death #2), and the killer "ran into" Ethan on the way out (reason for death #3). Xana heard/was awoken during attack on Ethan and was the last victim. I think it all happened quickly, and the killer ran out after killing victim #4. My hunch is that the killer did NOT know that a 5th and 6th person were in the home. Despite the tire track info/pics, I do not think a vehicle was used in the actual crime or by the killer. Somehow, Maddie knew someone (likely work or a nearby neighbor), and they were angry. Angry, or they were obsessed with her but not necessarily close with her. Could it be something that happened earlier in the evening? Maybe. But, my bet is that these disgusting murders did not occur solely due to one incident earlier in the evening.

Thank you to all that have added such thoughtful posts! I cannot imagine what these families are going through, but they've certainly been strong.

If it’s a victims car then it’s odd they’d wait until now, unless they learned something new and are searching again.

If it’s another person’s car and they are just now able to search it, yes that is very significant. You would need permission (which they presumably would’ve gotten days ago, if they could) or a warrant. No you can’t just search any automobile you want, especially one that is not at risk of going anywhere.

If the killer did use a "code" to enter, that would be significant I would think.
I think they had to put the number code in and then they have to go around to open sliding door! Sounds strange but I heard that in an interview with one of the parents I think it was XKs dad!?

Has this story been discussed? It provides some new facts, including that the 911 call was made from a phone owned by one of the surviving roommates. Sorry if it's already been posted. I just checked to see what time the press conference was happening, and this story popped up. I haven't checked the discussion. Do people think they may have a suspect in custody?

If the suspect did use a "code" to enter, that would be significant I would think.

I’ve seen the red tape on pretty much every door/window at some point during the investigation. My personal opinion is that they’re marking every possible entrance into the house. Anybody with knowledge of forensics have any insight?

If it’s a victims car then it’s odd they’d wait until now, unless they learned something new and are searching again.

If it’s another person’s car and they are just now able to search it, yes that is very significant. You would need permission (which they presumably would’ve gotten days ago, if they could) or a warrant. No you can’t just search any automobile you want, especially one that is not at risk of going anywhere.
The general automobile exception allows a police officer to search a car when the officer believes that there is “probable cause” that the vehicle contains evidence of a crime.
(Idaho law office: When can a police officer search my car? - Atkinson Law Office)
At any rate it would not take a week in the case of a quadruple homicide.

Code was known to a lot of people per the victim's parents.

The parents of Idaho university murder victim Kaylee Goncalves said it will take authorities "a lot" of time to process the mountain of evidence they have collected amid the homicide investigation that left four students fatally stabbed last week.

"They're telling us that there's so much evidence that it's going to take a lot of time to process it all," Steve Goncalves said Saturday on Fox News’ "Lawrence Jones Cross Country". "This wasn’t like a pinpoint crime. This person was sloppy."

The killer "made a mess. And there's a mess there. And they're gonna have to go through that point by point and that's going to take a lot of time. That's why they reached out to other facilities to help them with that lab work," the grieving dad added.

"Hopefully, [authorities are] reaching out to other DNA processing type of companies such as like 23andMe to get involved. They have not confirmed they have DNA from this person. They just said that they have a ton of evidence. And evidently today with new task force, the new FBI Task Force on site, and… Idaho State Police, they said that they were able to pull a ton of evidence from the house today, and they're processing that. It just takes time."

the stools across the door. I thought maybe the victims on the 2nd floor had used them to scotch the door. Maybe they were afraid and were calling the bf b/c they heard noises? Then again, if he popped the slider, which isn't that hard, your theory sounds very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken