ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it were Ethan the roommate found (or Xana), and they just thought he was "passed out" or unconscious perhaps from alcohol, the roommates might not have wanted to call 911/LE since both Ethan and Xana were not of drinking age. They might reasonably call friends to come over to help and give advice as to what to do before involving 911/LE. There are numerous stories of kids sadly dying at frat parties and such from alcohol consumption, and no one wanted to involve LE.

If the person were turned in a way where they didn't see a bunch of blood, as others pointed out their first (or second or third) assumptions wouldn't be "murder."

This not going to be an easy solve. The Homicide Det. are working around the clock. Interviewing people and waiting for DNA, etc. This will take whatever time it takes to solve. They are doing things and know things that they will not tell us. I just hope and pray it doesn't happen again. Danny Rolling. I hope to god not. Yeah, everyone new on here, welcome. Please respect everyone, the mods and TOS. Night guys.

If it were Ethan the roommate found (or Xana), and they just thought he was "passed out" or unconscious perhaps from alcohol, the roommates might not have wanted to call 911/LE since both Ethan and Xana were not of drinking age. They might reasonably call friends to come over to help and give advice as to what to do before involving 911/LE. There are numerous stories of kids sadly dying at frat parties and such for the same reason that no one wanted to involve LE.

If the person were turned in a way where they didn't see a bunch of blood, as others pointed out their first (or second or third) assumptions wouldn't be "murder."
Agreed!

OK now with the newly released info from tonight, a new thought entered my mind and made me remember something from my own college years. I'm wondering what kind of locks are on the bedrooms in this house. For instance, there's a kind of lock where, when inside the room, you twist it on the knob, then leave and close the door and you were able to lock it from the inside. So it could be possible the killer locked all or some of the victims inside their bedrooms (why? not sure, maybe to delay them being found).

So here is what happened once in my own college experience while living in the dorms. A friend on our floor was drinking excessively the night before. The next morning/late morning, a mutual friend needed to get something from them and is unable to rouse them from pounding on the door and calling their phone. Multiple of us shouted their name, pounded, and nothing. We got so worried that they died from alcohol poisoning, we did call campus police who was able to get in their room. They were thankfully alive and just in a super deep sleep.

Now sadly these victims were not just in a deep sleep. But could the roommates have found it odd the others in the house weren't up yet at near noon so they knocked on one of their doors and nothing. Then tried calling them and could hear their phone ringing in their bedroom with no answer. So they start to get a bit freaked and call friends over and have no idea what really lay on the other side of that door.
I think you probably nailed it! I was thinking exactly this including the locked door.

(It's been many years since I've been on WS - but this case is so perplexing and sad that I had to comment. My interest and posts are always related to geography and time of crime.)

At the press conference today 11.20.22, LE remarked that they are focused on the area "South of Taylor Avenue to Palouse River Drive" and "West of Highway 95". This area is South of the crime scene.

The following coordinates can be referenced on Google Earth (note: Google Earth, not Google Maps) - just cut and paste in the search bar. I'm only suggesting a possible exit path - I don't know this area at all personally.

To me, the LE reference suggests maybe they believe the perpetrator's path of egress was out the back area of the house (located at 1122 King Rd - 46°43'18.91"N, 117° 0'38.78"W) as opposed to down King Road or East of the house. There are many structures with windows and potential cameras around the King Road house - I'd think the perp would have been aware of that and chose the safest way out. The area with the least visibility seems to be the forested area behind the house. Even though there are fences enclosing adjacent properties, the fences appear to be scalable. The forested area abuts Walenta Drive at various points:
46°43'17.56"N, 117° 0'42.19"W
46°43'17.16"N, 117° 0'40.94"W
46°43'16.63"N, 117° 0'39.97"W

The house located on Walenta at 46°43'17.16"N, 117° 0'39.94"W seems critical to ask if there are cameras. Up the hill from this area about 65 yards is where Walenta Dr. intersects with Ridge Road - from this intersection there is a footpath about 20 yards away (46°43'14.91"N, 117° 0'39.02"W). The path heads South and has several sets of stairs and is about 110 yards long, ending at a cul-de-sac called Shetland Court. This looks like a public access path (not locked) - but I can't find anything online. If it's an open path for walking, could there be evidence in that area (it looks surrounded by trees)? Is it possible the perp could have taken this path and parked a car at the bottom (46°43'12.29"N 117° 0'38.88"W)? My guess is it would have taken less than 10 mins from the crime scene to get to that place. Also Shetland Court leads to Colt Rd, which leads to Conestoga Dr, which leads to Palouse River Drive on the edge of town. Easy exit out of town.

Just a thought!

If it were Ethan the roommate found (or Xana), and they just thought he was "passed out" or unconscious perhaps from alcohol, the roommates might not have wanted to call 911/LE since both Ethan and Xana were not of drinking age. They might reasonably call friends to come over to help and give advice as to what to do before involving 911/LE. There are numerous stories of kids sadly dying at frat parties and such from alcohol consumption, and no one wanted to involve LE.

I could probably agree with this if not for the fact there were 2 other roommates in the same house. Why would they call friends from their phones. Wouldn't they just go and wake the other girls up first to come and see?

Maybe this has been asked and I've missed it. It's been hard to keep up with this fast moving discussion.

There appeared to be blood on the outside of the house. Do we know what's on the inside at that location?
The couple’s bedroom, and I’m feeling that due to the color, opacity and consistency that is indeed blood and that construction was shoddy as that should obviously be a perfect seal. Moo

Attachments

• B773F388-AA79-462F-B192-BD5AC5300A1C.jpeg
    B773F388-AA79-462F-B192-BD5AC5300A1C.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 66
@TL4S I think this is huge!!!!

I said earlier my suspicion is he was out in the hallway. Thus why LE wouldn't tell us today "where" on the 2nd and 3rd floor victims were located.

When LE was asked who was sleeping on what floor? He said he wouldn't divulge that because that would be part of the picture.

"Detectives are releasing that on the morning of November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed "one" of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up.”

He wasn't in bed next to his girlfriend.

Did he wake up and get a drink, go for a pee, chase someone, chased by someone, stumbled upon someone coming in....?
The first article I read about this case was last Monday (in DM) that said one victim was found on the floor in a common area. Since then the description has been walked back and forth from E was killed in bed to E was found on the floor. I think it’s fair to guess that E was found on the floor outside the 2nd floor bedroom.

Considering that later in that article they clarified that EC didn't actually have a bed in the residence, couldn't she simply reflecting that he wasn't killed in "his" bed?
Sure, that's possible. I don't know how literal the coroner is being there. I feel like combining that statement from the coroner with the roommate thinking one of the second floor victims was unconscious, plus my own assumption that E and X were sharing a bed, this is one scenario that might make all these statements fit together. It's just a guess, though.

I could probably agree with this if not for the fact there were 2 other roommates in the same house. Why would they call friends from their phones. Wouldn't they just go and wake the other girls up first to come and see?

You raise a good point. My thought would be that they called Ethan's friends/frat brothers, if indeed it were him they found. People who were closest to him or somehow felt "responsible" for him, rather than disturbing the girls that they thought were still asleep. Kinda like "hey, take care of your brother - this isn't our problem." But absolutely this is just a theory and your point is valid.

<modsnip: quoted post removed>

We have not heard LE say sloppy. I wonder when Kaylee’s family was told that. I am beginning to wonder if it really was sloppy.
KG’s father was quoted saying it was sloppy.

““They’re telling us that there’s so much evidence that it’s going to take a lot of time to process it all,” Mr Goncalves told Fox News. “This wasn’t like a pinpoint crime. This person was sloppy.””

Edited — I see quote post removed, this can be as well. Was just finding the reference

WHY is all of the attention on the 2 girls, Maddie & Kaylee? What did I miss? I’m guessing there is something that points to one or the other being a target of the fiend
It is mainly because of the limited information we already know from LE. First, we know that it appears not to be a robbery since nothing looks to be taken. Second, we know that it probably wasn't sexually motivated since no one was raped. It appears that no one broken into the house so it probably was someone they already knew invited into the house or someone already in the house at the time. The police were not notified for 9 long hours after the attack which would give plenty of time to remove evidence from the scene. The cops have also said they they felt that this was an isolated event and the community as a whole should be safe (they've talked this back some later on).

In the end, I stll am leaning on the belief that it was someone they knew that commited this crime. I hope these two girls are not at fault and hopefully they can be fully cleared soon and I hope the perpetrator(s) are caught ASAP.

The couple’s bedroom, and I’m feeling that due to the color, opacity and consistency that is indeed blood and that construction was shoddy as that should obviously be a perfect seal. Moo
That’s not blood.

It’s home heating oil that leaked from the pipe, which is dyed red.
IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members