ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
What NO ONE is paying attention to with the house plan, and it’s easily confusing, is, THERE’S TWO SETS OF STAIRS!!!

Only one set of the stairs go up to Maddie & Kaylee’s floor. On the 3rd floor, you have the stairs in the front coming up from the first floor, & then the stairs that led up from the 2nd floor to the 3rd floor on the opposite side of the house, and the opposite side of where Xana’s bedroom was.
That doesn't sound right. There is a long staircase from the 1st floor/basement up to the 2nd floor/living room and then a split staircase from between X's room and the kitchen on the 2nd floor going up to M&K's bedrooms on the 3rd floor.

Welcome all new members.

We used to have fireworks and stuff but not sure we have them on this new software.

—-

Has there been any reference to a police dog(s) on scene, thanks, sorry threads move fast and am behind and too tired to search Google right now.

I was just thinking about that time they caught the perp when he was gathered around with crowd and bystanders and onlookers and media after the crime...they had a dog on scene and it went right to him. That’s how they got him. I can’t remember what case it was, but anyway, I was wondering if they got any kind of scent when they tracked outwards and where that may have potentially led, if anywhere. Sorry if rehash.

Thinking out loud I wonder, if there was vehicle, if he parked up where this white car is seen passing, um, up the hill. :(

Insert video here/sorry technical freezing trying to link
Yes. I don’t recall now if it was the day of the murders, or day after, but I do distinctly remember seeing a photo of investigators walking a dog in the front / driveway area.

Welcome all new members.

We used to have fireworks and stuff but not sure we have them on this new software.

—-

Has there been any reference to a police dog(s) on scene, thanks, sorry threads move fast and am behind and too tired to search Google right now.

I was just thinking about that time they caught the perp when he was gathered around with crowd and bystanders and onlookers and media after the crime...they had a dog on scene and it went right to him. That’s how they got him. I can’t remember what case it was, but anyway, I was wondering if they got any kind of scent when they tracked outwards and where that may have potentially led, if anywhere. Sorry if rehash.

Thinking out loud I wonder, if there was vehicle, if he parked up where this white car is seen passing, um, up the hill. :(

Insert video here/sorry technical freezing trying to link
I saw search dogs mentioned with a link in a post (probably by a mod) that included a timeline of everything. I think it may be on the first page of this thread.

Floor plan Garshin made

Via @NoahBoelterTV (local Moscow reporter) on Twitter:

“State police looking through a car parked in front of the house where four University of Idaho students were killed last week. This car has been in front of the house all week, as have most of the others.”
367A6E18-84C1-4D63-9A24-600E7425FC56.jpeg

Last edited:
So, I have a lot to say and a lot to remind you all who may not understand the habits of the average 20 year old. I not only have 3 kids in college this age but I also bartend and this age group are my customers. Firstly, THEY ALMOST NEVER PHYSICALLY CALL PEOPLE> yes, they almost never make physical phone calls. Texting is 99% of what they do on their phones in the way of communication. So the fact that Kaylee then Madison both called J says a lot. We can assume they texted him first and that actually calling was a way to wake him up. And I can imaging Kaylee saying "you try" to Maddie in the sense of "maybe he'll answer if he sees your name" Again, calling saying to me that there was already something worrisome going on. And as an aside, don't forget that we live in a world where if you can't access your phone you can say "Alexa call Jack", although I doubt this was the case. I believe that when these calls were made they were already worried about something. Regarding the surviving roommates, they too were I believe together after being freaked out, most likely also drunk, tired and passed out after locking their door bc of unease. They likely would have texted their roommates when they woke up and when no one responded after hours (and they most likely were too scared to leave their room) they summoned friends to come over bc they were too scared to leave their room. Thus someone, most likely a guy, calls 911. All this talk about the 911 caller is silly IMO. There is likely a lot of text evidence, back and forth etc. My pure instinct tell me this is a local person possibly even a neighbor. Probably over 40 with military or paramilitary training. Angry and obsessed, living near a noisy party house, perhaps had altercation in the past with them regarding parking, noise. <modsnip> I think he fled on foot and there is most likely blood evidence to this effect. This perp didn't drive up park and leave. I think he was on foot. I think he killed the male and female first as collateral then targeted the girls room. In the beginning of the investigation when LE said no threat, I automatically assumed there was a suicide concurrent and that was assumed to have been the assailant. That no longer seems the case, but something odd there too. Some more question that one should ask like did the perp leave with their phones? Did he impersonate them when the survivors were trying to get in touch with them, further delaying them from calling 911? Lastly, going into a house knowing there are multiple people living in it and believing you can get away with it says that this perp has a lot of confidence and or experience. This is not the work of a fellow 20 year old IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a question as I’m not from the US & have never been there, here in Australia, if there were 4 x bloodied bodies in a house with at least one door to the outside open (AFAIK MOO), for approx 9 hours, flies would be everywhere, even in winter, I can see snow but do you guys have flies in Idaho? Sorry if it’s a dumb question.

I find it odd that the manager at Moscow Building Supply said that police had come to the store more than once to ask if they sold Ka-Bar knives (they do not sell those) but that police apparently did not go to Tri-State.
23C94F19-B336-4D95-8FF7-56E3690FE75A.jpeg
IMO if you’re in Moscow looking for a fixed blade knife most people would naturally think of Tri-State. Perhaps police have a POI who they know went to Moscow Building Supply recently?

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article268833397.html

Also thought this was interesting, although I thought the front of the house had been covered by a neighboring Ring camera - according to Kaylee’s sister, she asked a neighbor for their camera footage to “make sure her sister’s Uber dropped her off” (although now we know it was a private party)

Via @NoahBoelter (local Moscow reporter) on Twitter:
“The forensics team appears to be taking pictures of tire marks in front of the home.

Three members of Idaho state forensics showed up a few minutes ago and have spent most of their time outside since they've been here. You can see the tire marks below.”
CE500FF9-46E7-4442-8D6C-585CC5C7BD60.jpeg

Via @NoahBoelterTV (local Moscow reporter) on Twitter:

“State police looking through a car parked in front of the house where four University of Idaho students were killed last week. This car has been in front of the house all week, as have most of the others.”
View attachment 381442

Thanks for posting, yeah the vehicles have been there behind the tape, as protocol, (which reminds me of another case where the perps, roommates iirc, tried to stage a murder as an overdose with needle, and pulled up to the scene to act like they found the vehicle or deceased iirc, and called LE. But when LE arrived they automatically put crime scene tape up around the whole area, with their vehicle included within that area, and as a result was searched. Turns out there was evidence in their vehicle.)

Anyway...and yeah so the killer would’ve seen the vehicles there...

Last edited:
Just a question as I’m not from the US & have never been there, here in Australia, if there were 4 x bloodied bodies in a house with at least one door to the outside open (AFAIK MOO), for approx 9 hours, flies would be everywhere, even in winter, I can see snow but do you guys have flies in Idaho? Sorry if it’s a dumb question.
Flies tend to disappear in winter in this type of climate. Also, I'm not sure the door was ajar. "Open" might simply mean unlocked/unsecured.

This is truly worrisome that they have not made an arrest in this amount of time and keep asking for the public's help. Also, no FBI at the press conference? IMO they shouldn't hold a press conference if they have nothing to say and don't take questions and not answer any.

I'm in a cold area of Australia and the flies disappear during winter.
We don't usually get snow right in town where I am, but just a few kilometres out there is snow during winter.

But maybe what we call cold is not as cold as some places, because I know as soon as I start cooking a chicken in my slow cooker, even if it's at our coldest which is about -7 celsius, the flies seem to find a way in. Maybe two or three flies.
They may be my resident flies. :D
So they're out there somewhere.

They don't last long coming in as my insect control system gets them.

Welcome all new members.

—-

I’m new & trying to figure out how things work(!), but I recall dogs being brought once & perhaps twice. Here’s a link from our local newspaper (hope it’s OK to share):
‘Senseless acts of violence’

Edit: didn’t know about the Media Thread / this was already there - sorry!

Last edited:
So, I have a lot to say and a lot to remind you all who may not understand the habits of the average 20 year old. I not only have 3 kids in college this age but I also bartend and this age group are my customers. Firstly, THEY ALMOST NEVER PHYSICALLY CALL PEOPLE> yes, they almost never make physical phone calls. Texting is 99% of what they do on their phones in the way of communication. So the fact that Kaylee then Madison both called J says a lot. We can assume they texted him first and that actually calling was a way to wake him up. And I can imaging Kaylee saying "you try" to Maddie in the sense of "maybe he'll answer if he sees your name" Again, calling saying to me that there was already something worrisome going on. And as an aside, don't forget that we live in a world where if you can't access your phone you can say "Alexa call Jack", although I doubt this was the case. I believe that when these calls were made they were already worried about something. Regarding the surviving roommates, they too were I believe together after being freaked out, most likely also drunk, tired and passed out after locking their door bc of unease. They likely would have texted their roommates when they woke up and when no one responded after hours (and they most likely were too scared to leave their room) they summoned friends to come over bc they were too scared to leave their room. Thus someone, most likely a guy, calls 911. All this talk about the 911 caller is silly IMO. There is likely a lot of text evidence, back and forth etc. My pure instinct tell me this is a local person possibly even a neighbor. Probably over 40 with military or paramilitary training. Angry and obsessed, living near a noisy party house, perhaps had altercation in the past with them regarding parking, noise, <modsnip>. I think he fled on foot and there is most likely blood evidence to this effect. This perp didn't drive up park and leave. I think he was on foot. I think he killed the male and female first as collateral then targeted the girls room. In the beginning of the investigation when LE said no threat, I automatically assumed there was a suicide concurrent and that was assumed to have been the assailant. That no longer seems the case, but something odd there too. Some more question that one should ask like did the perp leave with their phones? Did he impersonate them when the survivors were trying to get in touch with them, further delaying them from calling 911? Lastly, going into a house knowing there are multiple people living in it and believing you can get away with it says that this perp has a lot of confidence and or experience. This is not the work of a fellow 20 year old

Kaylee's sister did an interview saying it was completely normal for her to call people multiple times at all hours until they picked up, even to ask mundane questions. During the press conference this afternoon the police said their was no connection with the phone calls to the ex. <modsnip - quoted post was modsnipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I’m not at all even close to being caught up on victimology, could someone please bring forward what all the victims’ jobs were if they had any, for mapping purposes to add to prior thoughts regarding awareness space? Thanks. Apologies for rehash, again hard to keep up with everything; it’s helpful to bring forward the cumulative data as we move from new thread to thread so quickly, so we can keep building and not get lost. Also bumping the Media Thread to encourage anyone to contribute as that’s really helpful too for reference purposes, (sorry if I bumped it earlier, I can’t remember if I did, I know I meant to, a little overwhelmed frankly.)

Goodnight. Gosh I hope there’s an arrest soon.

——

Eta:

I’m new & trying to figure out how things work(!), but I recall dogs being brought once & perhaps twice. Here’s a link from our local newspaper (hope it’s OK to share):
‘Senseless acts of violence’

This is fabulous, thanks so much. Welcome!

Last edited:
The police have said that this was a targeted killing. Madison and Xana were coworkers at a restaurant, I believe. Could both of them have been targeted by another disgruntled coworker or repeat customer who had gotten to know them? Ethan was collateral damage as he had stayed in Xana's room. And some of you had posted that Kaley had already moved out of the house. Do we know if that's true? If so, is there a news link for that information? If she had moved out and was in town to show Madison her new car and hang out for the weekend, she possibly was staying in Madison's room as there may not have been furniture in the other 3rd floor bedroom. Perhaps she was collateral damage also if Xana and Madison were the targets.

<snipped>

Surveillance video, observations still sought​

Investigators said they are seeking more surveillance from homes and businesses “within the geographical area” of West Taylor Avenue (north boundary), West Palouse River Driver (south), U.S. 95-2700 block (east) and Arboretum and Botanical Garden (west). The target time is 3 to 6 a.m. Nov. 13.

Police don’t think 911 caller, roommates were killers in U of Idaho student stabbings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge