ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a little behind on the thread, so I’m not sure if it’s been speculated already or not, but my theory after what we know so far, is this, assuming it was targeted towards Kaylee. She had recently moved out, and I heard her bedroom had possibly been the master, so maybe xana and Ethan moved into Kaylees old room and the perpetrator thought she’d be in there. So he breaks into her room and attempts to attack her only to find xana and Ethan in bed. Maybe in the dark he even mistakes xana for kaylee and thinks she’s in bed with another man. That’s when Madi and Kaylee start to call the ex boyfriend, because they’re hearing screaming and commotion and it’s scared them. If the other two roommates are asleep, the perpetrator could bypass their rooms while he goes to the room with Madi and Kaylees voices. He’s covered in blood and they’re afraid of him (even if he knows them) and he is left with no choice but to attack them (whether this was the ultimate plan or not). Obviously IMHO, it just seems unlikely a psychopathic planned serial killer would leave two humans alive whether their door was locked or not.

MERCY I'm starting to get a really bad feeling that there won't be any arrest anytime soon. Considering that all the social media/college relationships and connections been identified, investigated, and reinvestigated by a literal army of local, state, and federal LE. MOO this possibly could be a random spree killing.

Have they released the 911 recording and will they? That should have lot's of information about what was going on.
What about the police body cams? Will they release, show them? Something I don't want to see.
No I don't think they've released the 911 call and likely wouldn't willingly do so. Probably someone in the media will get ahold of it via FOIA at some point. I do also think people who find it odd that police won't say who exactly made the call are missing that this case is high profile, so they are not only trying to protect that person from being harassed by the media for information but also probably trying to protect the integrity of the case by not having them talking to the media and giving more information than they want out there in public yet.

I wonder if the dog was examined for evidence. Or was he let out of the house before anything happened. Poor dog. I wonder how far he traveled before he was found.

On Buddy....breaks my heart. I especially love aussies. I hope they catch whoever did that crime, too.
Circling back to the dog. We don’t know if the dog was found in the house-if he was, I imagine the scene may have been complicated further by the dog. Was he behind a closed/locked door, barking or asleep? Or did the killer open the door and let the dog run out before or after the murders? If the dog was missing after M&K came home, I doubt they would have just gone to sleep. They might have contacted the co-owner to make sure he didn’t have him. Were they looking for the dog, maybe even outside? Did they come across the killer while searching, who marched them back into the house and told them to be silent? What happened with the dog?

Given that location on the outskirts of town, near what look like natural or cultivated fields, I highly suspect Buddy and the rabbit were attacked by coyotes.

I live on the outside edge of a metropolitan area, with some similar area nearby and occasionally see individual coyotes in some of the natural walking trail parks here (especially at dusk). And when I take my own dogs out into my own yard at night, I can sometimes hear packs of coyotes whooping and yelping as they hunt at night down below the plateau I live on. The sounds send my two 60-lb dogs running for the door and I’m right there with them!

Around here, they typically kill small dogs, cats, and rabbits. But, when in packs, they will go after larger animals that are alone.
I’m not familiar with coyote attacks but is it common for them to skin their prey, because the Fox News and Daily Mail article say the dog was cut around the neck, filleted like a fish and (see below).

Attachments

• 87186570-76B9-43AD-9E6C-BD5AC58245CD.jpeg
    87186570-76B9-43AD-9E6C-BD5AC58245CD.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 46
But LE hasn't cleared the ex, while they have cleared the surviving roomies. To my knowledge. That's why it's odd IMO
They have cleared the ex's interaction in that call from being involved with the murder. I am willing to bet my life savings that on Wednesday they will clarify that yes, that means the ex is cleared. We know for a fact that those calls have nothing to do with the murder, highly suggestive K's ex-BF J is either cleared or on the cusp of being formally cleared.

It was odd phrasing, but they've had strange phrasing earlier in the investigation and people tried to run with it... Only for them to later being crystal clear so there's no room for interpretation. In my (worthless) opinion, people are grasping at straws whenever they see "gaps" in what would be considered "common" communication for LE. Reminder that this is a super small police department that is holding these pressers, not the FBI. You could even classify Idaho State Police as a relatively small force. Mincing words won't be too helpful -- they aren't used to people dissecting every centimeter of syntax and extrapolating what it could possibly mean.

We know LE is usually careful with words, so I understand people hanging on to the idea that LE hasn't enthusiastically cleared ex-BF J using his name. But I truly believe it boils down to police protecting J from the crazy speculation and media, as we saw with the Kiely Rodni case where countless teens were threw under the bus with literally no evidence they were involved. It became a witch hunt. Just like people were going mad pinning this on the roommates who "couldn't possibly have not heard 4 people being murdered."

It would defy a linear thought process for the calls to be completely uninvolved with the murder but then to later be murdered by J? After he seemed to be unresponsive/sleeping? Idk, my (again, worthless) 2 cents can't really make that logically work. But I'd be open to someone presenting facts that could indicate otherwise.

Could someone post the written press release from LE that came out yesterday. I can't find it.

Given that location on the outskirts of town, near what look like natural or cultivated fields, I highly suspect Buddy and the rabbit were attacked by coyotes.

I live on the outside edge of a metropolitan area, with some similar area nearby and occasionally see individual coyotes in some of the natural walking trail parks here (especially at dusk). And when I take my own dogs out into my own yard at night, I can sometimes hear packs of coyotes whooping and yelping as they hunt at night down below the plateau I live on. The sounds send my two 60-lb dogs running for the door and I’m right there with them!

Around here, they typically kill small dogs, cats, and rabbits. But, when in packs, they will go after larger animals that are alone.
Nope. Authorities have confirmed this was the work of a human.

I wonder if they've widened this window not necessarily to account for the time of death but for the comings and goings of the killer on either side of the deaths, to jog people to think about anything they may have heard/seen/look at ring doorbells etc. for the hour on either side of the murders rather than just the hour timeframe they originally stated?
I am so confused by the time of death being estimated at between 2am and 5am. How can that be if they have records of 2 of the victims trying to make phone calls up until 2:52? Also the 911 call wasn't made until 11:58am. So if you go from the last phone call attempt 2:52am to 11:58am the time of the 911 call, that seems like a much broader window.
Unless, it wasn't actually the girls making the phone calls, but the killer using the girls phones. To maybe throw off the timeline? Seems like a stretch but possible?

I don't know the area at all, but just going by google maps - if I was the killer I would head west/south west from the house, it seems to have fewer houses and lots of trees. Then not too far from the scene is a botanical garden and golf course, complete with some ponds or lakes. I would always be tempted to dump evidence/weapon in water.
I think it would be a mistake to dump trash in one of the ponds. The police should be searching all near areas and if found the perp(s) GAVE THE POLICE A GIFT.

I was speculating earlier that perhaps the house itself was targeted, not any one or more specific people. Somebody kicked out of a party at the house? Someone who despises sorority/fraternity people in general? Revenge for having their car towed away if parked in house parking area? I'm talking about a deranged narcissist.
Could be! But then wouldn't that mean that others in the community are still in potential danger? I know LE backtracked in the first presser and said they couldn't be sure there was no danger, but yesterday there was no message to the public to stay vigilant, travel in pairs, avoid going out after dark, nothing.

why does everyone keep insisting that E went to investigate after hearing something? just because he's a dude? there's no official information about his body not being in the bed and it was said at the press conference today that everyone was attacked in their sleep
I agree. People can't make assumptions as to who might investigate noise.

Many moons ago I was a drunk college student too and I can honestly say I never called anyone once (or many) times to ask what to have for breakfast. Seriously if this girl was so immature how did she ever land a great new job, plan a Europe trip and buy a Range Rover? Sorry I find the calls suspicious and don’t buy the parents comments.
I'm a lawyer that spent a decade practicing white collar criminal defense at a Wall Street law firm and I spend my free time posting on here and texting emojis to my husband.

You absolutely do not have to be a serious or respectable person to be successful.

I would tend to agree. Except LE calling this “targeted” and saying the population isn’t in danger. Also, calling this “complex”. Has that stance changed?
They haven’t changed their stance on saying it’s targeted. But I will tell you, I am not getting that vibe. I feel like the killer killed for the sake of killing. Maybe they were “targeted “ b/c they left doors or windows unlocked or something, but I kind of wonder if they’re trying to keep the panic down by saying this was targeted instead of a totally random, sadistic psycho killer. That’s just my feeling, but we don’t really know who/what they’re focusing on and what evidence they’re processing.

I think it happens quite often—naming a PoI before an arrest. After all, if LE arrests someone, there’s no need to call that person a PoI!

But I’m having trouble thinking of a specific case. Aha! Here’s a dramatic one. Cheryl Coker. The police officially declared her husband a suspect, apparently to put pressure on him, and more than three years later—no arrest. (He hasn’t sued for defamation of character, either....)

Thanks. I'm going to look up that case here.
Have heard Cheryl's name but haven't delved into the specifics.

From this article it is the parents saying the crime scene was sloppy, but I'm hesitant to think that ..... b/c wouldn't there be an arrest by now ?

I was in error, thinking LE said this.
Afaik, they have not ?

LE have one shot at this and imagine if they fumbled and the perp walked ?
If it was a party goer, how do they collect fingerprints or dna from all of the people there ?

I think the case may be solved by a critical tip from someone !!
M00.

First of all, I was referring to the updated timeline that was posted on here. The estimated time of death was changed. Was just curious about the change. Also how do the police know the girls went to bed after the phone calls? Were they there? No.
Secondly, I think the tone of your comment was unnecessary. I was simply asking a question.
They have made that clear in the timeline. So.... Yes, they've been through the scene. All were dead, in bed. Logic follows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288