ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, that's good to know! Most of the men my dad has hunted with over the years, they know what each other has. I think someone mentioned in the thread that the specific type of knife that is suspected to have been used in the murders is more of a "collectors"/pass-down type item, less in use now. So I thought it might be more likely that someone in that sort of community would know about it.
That's what I understood. Unique or rare. I'm not sure on the wording.

This is my first post. I just signed up. However, I have been reading off and on throughout the years. I believe the first case I ever followed here was Taylor Behl.

I went to the University of Idaho some years ago so naturally this interests me. I'm likely not completely familiar with the town layout if things have changed but they couldn't have changed that much. I guess I have a working knowledge.

The reason I signed up was to make this comment. I noticed someone mentioning in the Twitch video that men (likely men) were watching and offering to buy food at the food truck for the cute girls ordering from it. Yes, it's weird and creepy. However, it's a thing.

It's a thing in the UK, at least. There are websites where women can ask men to buy them drinks on their night out. They say where they are going and the guys can purchase the drinks for them.

If there are guys in Moscow who watch this stream and offer to buy food for drunk women they find attractive maybe it happened that night. K&M may well have been like if someone offers to buy our snacks let's let him.

Guy buys their food, maybe he had even done it before for them and doesn't receive any recognition or the attention he thinks he deserves for paying for the girls. Depending on the individual, it may he enough to set him off eventually. If he's local and done it for them often, he may well know where they live though social media or just because he's somewhat in their social circle.
I would have to watch the video again but I recall them paying for it themselves and in the audio I heard nothing about someone even offering to pay for their meal. I may have to go and watch it again.
Not to say this doesn't happen. Just saying that in this particular case it did not. IMO

From the City Of Moscow Police Department's Facebook post on 11/21, 16 hours ago...

"On the night of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence. The dog was unharmed and turned over to Animal Services and then released to a responsible party."

I have questions regarding this statement:

1. Is LE referring to the "night of the incident" as the early morning hours of Sunday, November 13th, close to when the incident occurred, or are they referring to the evening of Sunday, November 13th?

2. If LE located Murphy (KG and J's Dog) at the residence in the early morning hours of Sunday, November 13th, this would mean that someone reported or found Murphy, and the murders had already occurred. Unknowingly to LE, they turned Murphy over to Animal Services, and AS eventually released Murphy to J. This scenario is more probable than the latter.

3. If LE located Murphy at the residence on the evening of Sunday, November 13th, this would mean that LE found Murphy around the residence during their investigation.

I agree. While it's tempting to think of this as some sort of creep/stalker with a situation gone wrong, it seems more of a "rage" killing, IMO. Especially with no (reported) signs of sexual assault. Idk. Unless it was supposed to be a different kind of crime and then E/X interfered, the "plan" wasn't panning out, etc. I also find it hard to believe it was a burglary gone wrong. I think there have been some examples cited of burglaries gone wrong that led to murder, but this just seems over the top for that to have been the case. It had to have been a really messed up burglar. MOO
While not a burglary per se I do believe the killer did commit theft. The theft was not a reason to enter tho. JMO

After a week +, I’m not sure what to think here. Have a few ideas, but remaining completely open-minded. The party house assertion, bars, relationships, etc…lots to consider. I will say, I am regularly stunned at the amount and type of content that people (particularly younger people) post to the internet for the entire world to see. Words, pics, videos. Unbelievable.

In my view, a ridiculous amount of noise was made about the KABAR. People were going wild with speculation that the killer was some type of USMC vet while ignoring that you can buy the knife on Amazon for $90. There's really nothing special about it, it's just a well-made knife.

And by the way, I also don't believe that they can somehow tell the maker of a knife from the wound profile. Fixed blade? Sure. But determining the difference between a KABAR or a Cold Steel? Color me full of doubt about that one.

The KABAR issue was interesting only from the perspective that they might have KNOWN it was probably that maker. As in, they might have had some testimony from someone saying "well I saw this suspect person carrying around a KABAR knife around".

MOO
Agreed. I have a knife that looks almost exactly like the ones shown that are KABAR, but I've had mine for nearly 50 years and I bet nobody could tell the difference in the damage my knife could do vs. that of a KABAR.....they look almost identical in every way.

Neighbor Jeremy Reagan, a third-year law student, described the residence as a party house.

“There were parties that were kind of loud,” he said. “As I would take my dog in and out to go to the bathroom, I would just be walking by, I would look up and I would see people in the windows almost every night, probably four or five nights a week.”

“There were a lot of people that went into and out of that house pretty frequently,” he added.

If this guy is local to that neighborhood, I would suspect he's a night walker, he'd probably be the type to walk past that house at night when the cops are not there. You'd think the cops are patrolling that area at night and would have come across somebody looking suspicious at this point. Possibly this person went home on school break?

This is my first post. I just signed up. However, I have been reading off and on throughout the years. I believe the first case I ever followed here was Taylor Behl.

I went to the University of Idaho some years ago so naturally this interests me. I'm likely not completely familiar with the town layout if things have changed but they couldn't have changed that much. I guess I have a working knowledge.

The reason I signed up was to make this comment. I noticed someone mentioning in the Twitch video that men (likely men) were watching and offering to buy food at the food truck for the cute girls ordering from it. Yes, it's weird and creepy. However, it's a thing.

It's a thing in the UK, at least. There are websites where women can ask men to buy them drinks on their night out. They say where they are going and the guys can purchase the drinks for them.

If there are guys in Moscow who watch this stream and offer to buy food for drunk women they find attractive maybe it happened that night. K&M may well have been like if someone offers to buy our snacks let's let him.

Guy buys their food, maybe he had even done it before for them and doesn't receive any recognition or the attention he thinks he deserves for paying for the girls. Depending on the individual, it may he enough to set him off eventually. If he's local and done it for them often, he may well know where they live though social media or just because he's somewhat in their social circle.
Wow man. Unbelievable. What is up with people these days? Guys watching for cute girls and offering to buy food at a late night truck or off a video is completely insane to me. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Was the dog stolen from the residence?
No. I assume this is bad reporting and should be morning after the attack.

"On the night of the attack, officers located a dog at the residence that was unharmed. Police turned the dog over to Animal Services and it was later released to a responsible party."

I would have to watch the video again but I recall them paying for it themselves and in the audio I heard nothing about someone even offering to pay for their meal. I may have to go and watch it again.
Not to say this doesn't happen. Just saying that in this particular case it did not. IMO
She wanted to use her points but didn't have enough so she paid cash

Neighbor Jeremy Reagan, a third-year law student, described the residence as a party house.

“There were parties that were kind of loud,” he said. “As I would take my dog in and out to go to the bathroom, I would just be walking by, I would look up and I would see people in the windows almost every night, probably four or five nights a week.”

“There were a lot of people that went into and out of that house pretty frequently,” he added.
sounds like a pretty typical college house with several roommates to me

No. I assume this is bad reporting and should be morning after the attack.

"On the night of the attack, officers located a dog at the residence that was unharmed. Police turned the dog over to Animal Services and it was later released to a responsible party."

Thanks for the clarification. Someone had mentioned theft being a motivation

All speculation and MOO and based on the known fact that K drove her new Range Rover into town right before the crime, I wonder if the vehicle's route records have been searched with follow up by LE at any stops she may have made on her trip from home to Moscow, with possibility of crossing paths with the perp OTW, who then followed her into Moscow and stalked her and the residence on the day of the crime. I know it is highly speculative but possible. Did K stop at a restaurant to eat, a gas station, rest area between home and Moscow? Cameras at those locations? AMOO

You will find a little bit of everything at that bar. Many nights it will be full of college kids but some more than others. The draw is large cups of "cheap" beer.
Yeah, also important to note that in small towns -- college or not -- middle age and older townies go to the same bars as the 20-somethings. Not something weird or alarming, just a normal occurrence in smaller towns. Not as many places to gather, and you'll have all types of generations intermixing and mingling among each other, although not as common for them to be mingling with each other, although it definitely happens.

Anyone from a smaller city can confirm this haha. I am from a town about twice the size of Moscow and you'd have 21 year olds sitting next to a 70 year old at a bar.

From the City Of Moscow Police Department's Facebook post on 11/21, 16 hours ago...

"On the night of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence. The dog was unharmed and turned over to Animal Services and then released to a responsible party."

I have questions regarding this statement:

1. Is LE referring to the "night of the incident" as the early morning hours of Sunday, November 13th, close to when the incident occurred, or are they referring to the evening of Sunday, November 13th?

2. If LE located Murphy (KG and J's Dog) at the residence in the early morning hours of Sunday, November 13th, this would mean that someone reported or found Murphy, and the murders had already occurred. Unknowingly to LE, they turned Murphy over to Animal Services, and AS eventually released Murphy to J. This scenario is more probable than the latter.

3. If LE located Murphy at the residence on the evening of Sunday, November 13th, this would mean that LE found Murphy around the residence during their investigation.
Well option #2 really creeps me out to think about...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie