ID - Angie Dodge, 18, brutally murdered at home, Idaho Falls, 13 June 1996 *Arrest in 2019*

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by wenwe4, Oct 9, 2014.

1. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

Bonneville prosecutor: We will double efforts to find Angie Dodge's killer

Father and son say Chris Tapp was at their house around the night of Angie Dodge's murder

Locals react to Tapp being released

Idaho Falls police obtain sketch of primary suspect in Angie Dodge's murder

2. JusticeWillBeServed

Here's the video from the hearing; Carol Dodge's impact statement starts @ the 13:00 mark. Very emotional proceedings, hopefully now they can find Angie's killer.

[video=youtube;2zF2F2zpzIc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zF2F2zpzIc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zF2F2zpzIc[/video]

3. JusticeWillBeServed

Chris Tapp is free, but he’s owed more justice

Investigation Discovery producing 'Who Killed Angie Dodge?' special

4. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

48 Hours is airing an updated episode on Angie's murder now.

5. HoneyWest

HoneyWest Well-Known Member

It was on here a couple of hours ago. I was so disappointed that they didn't talk about new suspects. It was a good show, though. Angie's mother is one strong woman and I hope she gets answers.

6. :+:MrTT:+:

:+:MrTT:+: Cold Case Files

Does anyone know if they collected DNA samples from persons living down the street, across the street, in the neighborhood and compare. Something tells me they didn't do that.
    This young woman, from what i have read here was not killed by some serial killer that happened to be in town that day. She was killed by someone that lived RIGHT THERE!

At the time, could have been a young person. Between the ages of 17-20. Someone she knew from the neighbhood but didn't know real well. I have not read all but i dont think there were signs of forced entry though i could be wrong. IF there are any relatives here, can you tell us did she advertise locally for something. Anything......Someone showed up there for a possible encounter, and she refused there advances. She was killed to keep from Identifying her attacker.

7. mstrbill

mstrbill Member

The answer is in the DNA of the semen left at the scene. Someone needs to explain just how close in relation the killer is to the father of the filmmaker who was investigated because he shared 34 out of 35 markers with the caller. The 48 hours show should have explained more what that means. How close of a relation could that person be or not be? The filmakers father should provide as much information about his family tree as possible. Has he? We don't know as far as I can tell.

8. :+:MrTT:+:

:+:MrTT:+: Cold Case Files

In the following link, they mention the killer may have worn some kind of gloves.
    If that is the case, Either the killer didn't want to leave prints for one of two reasons. First to never have his prints on file and second He already had his prints on record and didn't want there to be a match.......I go with the second option. Somewhere back in time before the murder, this person did something to have his finger prints recorded and was concern about a possible match if he didn't wear any hand protectors. If it was someone under 18 at the time, a minor than i believe but not certain hes record would have been destroyed after turning 18. But if considered an adult 18 and older back then in Idaho then his prints would still be on record.......I would have them check for anyone that was living in the area at the time whom was arrested for whatever reason and had there finger prints taken during lockup. THEN, I would go to these individuals and ask them to voluntarily give an DNA swab to compare to the one that have collected at the crime scene........I guess 34 out of 35 does open another path. But I guess that one that didn't match is the one that separates the killer from billions of persons on the planet. 35 out of 35 your busted, 34 or less your looked at more closely.

I think the BTK killer was caught using a similar method of DNA. I think a relative provided an sample or something like that. Just posting as an afterthought.

Strange? I have tried three times to log out and cannot do to some kind of error??
    An error occurred.

Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
    Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the (deleted) for details.
    Faithfully yours, nginx.

[video=youtube;DhFdscHALnI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhFdscHALnI[/video]

[video=youtube;BkC7Pyj6EgA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkC7Pyj6EgA[/video]

9. WesternArtist

WesternArtist Active Member

10. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

11. mstrbill

mstrbill Member

Just watched ID with Keith Morrison, some thoughts:

Carol Dodge is an advanced soul.
    The Idaho Falls PD and prosecutors would do their community some good with a whole lot of self reflection, and then maybe some admission of wrongdoing in this case.
    Hopefully Chris T will be given some opportunity for meaningful work even with this ridiculous felony conviction still on his record.

Most Importantly, catch this killer, the leaver of the semen sample! It shouldn't be an impossible task. Build a male ancestral tree of Robert Usury- his father and uncles, his grandfather and great uncles and so forth. Then find the male offspring of those. A smart, savvy person who specializes in ancestry and DNA should be able to do it!

12. flourish

flourish Now With 30% More Emo

And there is no shortage of people interested and well versed in genealogical studies in the area.

Carpooler likes this.
  13. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Hopefully this doc. will be re-broadcast.
    https://www.eastidahonews.com/2017/...ry-airing-2-hour-angie-dodge-special-tonight/
    Clip from show.
    https://discovery.app.box.com/s/owdjo0bx900jtd65v1e4uw6x7m9gleum

14. JusticeWillBeServed

DNA Report Clears Usry Family of Involvement in Angie Dodge Homicide Case

Contradictory DNA results put focus on test methods

http://www.postregister.com/articles/chris-tapp-coverage-featured-news-daily-email/2017/07/29/contradictory-dna-results-put

15. 1mtroyal

1mtroyal Well-Known Member

Some thoughts and questions: It is interesting how much detail is left out of these TV murder mysteries. I did not know that the landlord lived below Angie Dodge's apt. (That would indicate she knew her killer). Angie was a big girl (around 6 feet). Ben Hobbs and Chris Tapp both have assault arrests. Ben, in Nevada I think after the murder and Chris after he was released from prison (I will try and find the link).
    Was Michael Usury Jr in Idaho Falls during the time Angie was murdered? I lose a lot of respect for law enforcement when they sit there and lie to the person being interviewed "We know you were involved". The police interviewer sits there and lies thru his teeth, which is rather disgusting. (IMO)

Carpooler likes this.
  16. 1mtroyal

1mtroyal Well-Known Member

Carpooler likes this.
  17. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

RBBM

No. Michael Usry, Jr was in Idaho for a skiing trip in 1999. Angie was murdered in 1996. MU, Jr, would have been 17yo, att. LEO suspected that MU, Jr. may have visited the area as an interest in attending BYU as explained in the Search Warrant served in Louisiana in December, 2014.

https://www.eff.org/files/2015/05/01/idaho_falls_dna_search_warrant.pdf

MU, Sr. was born in 1952. He is currently 66yo.
    MU, Jr. was born in 1979. He is currently 39yo.

2010 - MU lived in NOLA when he produced the multiple award winning film Murderabilia. He was 31yo.
    2014, June - MU, Jr. is married.
    2014, December 10 - MU, Jr. was served the Search Warrant.
    2016, March - MU, Jr. and his wife moved to Colorado Springs, CO.
    2016 - MU, Jr. and his wife had a beautiful baby boy who was born in CO.

MU, Jr is best known for his project Grasshopper.
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3317506/

18. leilarose68

leilarose68 Well-Known Member

Press Conference on the Angie Dodge case will be held today!!!! Thursday May 16th at 2:30PM Mountain Daylight Time

CeCe Moore of Parabon Nanolabs has posted a document from the Idaho Falls Police on her facebook page. I'll type out an excerpt:

"The Idaho Falls police department would like to invite members of the media and the public to a press conference tomorrow, Thursday May 16, in order to share details about developments in the 1996 homicide of Idaho Falls resident, Angie Dodge.

Where: City of Idaho Falls Council Chambers

It will be available through Facebook Live on the Idaho Falls Police Department's facebook page

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    mrz, :+:MrTT:+:, dotr and 2 others like this.
  19. Carpooler

Carpooler Member

Such good news!
    Here is a link to the IFPD's press conference:
    IFPD holding news conference to announce new details in Angie Dodge murder case | East Idaho News

mrz, dotr and Brotherfudz like this.
  20. leilarose68

leilarose68 Well-Known Member

Press conference is live now!!

dotr and Brotherfudz like this.