ID - Brent & Trent Christensen, Yavette Carter, slain, Holbrook, 31 March 2013

MsFacetious

What a Kerfuffle...
Reaction score
The Oneida County Sheriff said a 2-year old girl and infant were also inside the house with the bodies.

The infant was found in her mother's arms.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=24685927&ni...rder-police-say&fm=home_page&s_cid=featured-1

The infant was found under the arm of her mother, Carter, who police said was protecting the baby.

Police said the evidence shows this is not a random homicide, and police believe there is some type of relationship between the perpetrator and the victims, according to the press release.

Police also found 50-70 pit bull dogs and puppies being raised for sale and for dog fighting on the property. :furious:

Officers are asking anyone who may have attended an Easter party held at the residence on March 31 to contact the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office....

They would also like to talk with the drivers of two different semi tractors:

http://fox13now.com/2013/04/06/two-child-survivors-found-at-scene-of-idaho-triple-murder/

I could not care less about the weed... but the dog fighting makes me angry. :banghead:

I found a facebook for the female victim (confirmed it's her through comments by family members.)

https://www.facebook.com/yavette.carter

There are other Christensen's on the facebooks, but I don't see the other two victims. :twocents:

Kids, Pit Bulls and Marijuana Discovered at Triple Homicide

http://www.boiseweekly.com/CityDesk...a-discovered-at-oneida-county-triple-homicide

Triple homicide at pit bull breeding ranch

--------------

Deputies said the dogs are still on the property and food has been donated to help feed them. They're asking the owners of the dogs to pick them up.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/Trip...anch/-/308662/19647300/-/13fujnf/-/index.html

You mean these 70 dogs and puppies all have owners? Huh?
Does that mean all the puppies have been sold and they are going to hand over dog fighting dogs to their "owners?"

I am so confused.

Thank you, to whoever did this for sparing the babies and dogs. :please:

this is confusing to me too MsF.

Were they breeding for sale or were they hosting some sort of dog fighting situation? The news reports don't make a lot of sense.

Poor little kiddos. Very sad, especially for the 2 yr old because she likely witnessed some serious trauma that will stick with her. Prayers for these two kids. How awful. But as you said, thankfully they were left alive. I have to wonder if they would have been had they been older and more likely to be able to aid in LE investigation or identify the perp(s).

Motive is very unclear as well.

Police also found 50-70 pit bull dogs and puppies being raised for sale and for dog fighting on the property. There was also a marijuana grow operation in the basement of the home, according to the press release.

http://fox13now.com/2013/04/06/two-child-survivors-found-at-scene-of-idaho-triple-murder/

so both?? for sale and hosting dog fights?

If these dogs were being bred and trained for dog fighting I don't hold out much hope for them being adoptable. Too sketchy IMO. And I am huge advocate for pits being good family dogs with the right owners.

But there are PUPPIES... it sounds like maybe about 20 puppies. Those are the ones I'm wondering about.

And if they were for dog fighting... then who are the "owners" and why are they being asked to come pick up their dogs?

I contacted one of the pit rescues and asked them to look into it...

I understand they couldn't take all the dogs, but I am close and would be happy to assist with the puppies if needed.

There are rescues who will take the fighting dogs too, just probably not in that large of a quantity.

It's just kind of nice to think there might be something that can be done in this case.

We can't help the dead people, or the babies... but maybe something can be done about the dogs.

"There is no evidence here at all that this was a murder-suicide," said Oneida County Sheriff Jeff Semrad "It’s a straight up homicide."

---------------------------

Semrad estimated the infant was under her mother's arm for more than 20 hours.
"I think the mother grabbed the baby and was protecting the baby," he said.

He said the 2-year-old girl wandered around in the dark because the shooting happened before dark and there were no lights on in the house.

-------------------------------

Investigators also found a dog-fighting ring and treadmills, presumably used to train the dogs.
Semrad said there was a dog fight at the house last Saturday. :furious:

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=24685927&ni...found-by-police&fm=home_page&s_cid=featured-2

When Michael Vick was busted, a lot of us on FB followed up on his dogs. There were several of the grown dogs that were able to be rehabilitated to be pets. It is not easy and takes a lot of time and effort but it can be done.

I would think the ones that are still puppies and haven't been trained or used in fighting yet could be rescued.

As to the line about LE asking people coming to pick up their dogs, if those dogs are used for fighting and LE is clearly stating that is what was taking place here, do they really think it likely these folks are gonna volunteer themselves and their association with that activity by showing up to claim their dogs??

Exactly!
Plus, anyone who would have bought these puppies are probably not someone we want having them... you know?
This is bugging me... I wish they would be more specific... I believe they are referring to people donating dog food in this article.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56116680-78/idaho-county-sheriff-office.html.csp

Officers found about 70 pit bulls ranging from puppies to adults, were also found.
Police said the dogs were being raised for sale and for fighting.
Police are asking for assistance in caring for the dogs.

You know what, MsF? Call the PD who is handling the case, and see what they need or have to say. Tell them you're willing to take X number of puppies, and see if you can pick them up tomorrow.

Call them directly, because that's who will be the one who needs the help. I'd be calling, but they're not local to me.

BTW, I got Romi from a post here...LOL...I called the rescue, and voila, Romi came home two days later (or so). LOL. So beware rescues from Websleuths...they wiggle into your heart and then take over your sofa. But the kisses are sooooo sweet...like pure sugar.

Best-
Herding Cats

ETA: Here. Let me make it easier on you. The phone number for tips was given in one article...I'm sure they will know who to talk to about the dogs.

Anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to call police at 208-766-2251 or text a tip to 208-815-0120.

(and while I don't want a pit, there is some room here for fostering a YOUNG pup, should the need arise). And shoot, I'll take the KIDS, if need be.

As well as people who abuse children.
I truly hate people like this.
I cannot imagine, how evil and sick people who abuse children and animals can gather together. The only good part of there gathering together to preform their sick and twisted acts, is that occasionally law enforcement gets to nail a bunch of them at one time.

But there are PUPPIES... it sounds like maybe about 20 puppies. Those are the ones I'm wondering about.

And if they were for dog fighting... then who are the "owners" and why are they being asked to come pick up their dogs?

I contacted one of the pit rescues and asked them to look into it...

I understand they couldn't take all the dogs, but I am close and would be happy to assist with the puppies if needed.

There are rescues who will take the fighting dogs too, just probably not in that large of a quantity.

It's just kind of nice to think there might be something that can be done in this case.

We can't help the dead people, or the babies... but maybe something can be done about the dogs.

Breaks my heart thinking about the 2 year old wandering around in the house with the victims for up to 20 hours.

Im kind of surprised it was a Marijuana grow usually its tweekers who always have Pit Bulls around.

I wonder if that reality show about 'Prisoners and Pit Bulls' is still being filmed? Because they used to take in rescued fighting dogs and rehabilitate them, using felons on probation who needed the work. I wonder if that show was for real, because if so, this would be a perfect project for them.

ETA: Pit Bulls & Parolees is an American reality television series on the Animal Planet. The series debuted on October 30, 2009. The series features the Villalobos Rescue Center, originally located in Agua Dulce, California the United States' largest pit bull animal shelter, with approximately 150 to 200 dogs.[1]
Pit Bulls & Parolees was renewed for a fifth season on February 27, 2013. Season five is expected to air in Fall 2013.[2]

Relocation
In 2011, Torres had planned to move Villalobos to a small town called Tehachapi, California, around 75 miles north of where it had operated in Agua Dulce, but the community did not welcome her mission, and she was unable to secure the necessary permits. As the rules regarding kennel permits were becoming increasingly strict and expensive in Los Angeles County, the rescue announced on November 13, 2011, that they would be moving the facility out of California and splitting into two separate locations, in two states. The Sanctuary, a.k.a. "Pit Bull Ponderosa", is located in New Mexico, where a 50-acre ranch was donated to the cause. This location will be used for the "lifers"—seniors and the unadoptables—so they may live out their lives in the peace and serenity of the high desert. The new rescue and adoption facility is located in the 9th Ward of New Orleans, Louisiana, due to the overwhelming pit bull population in that area.[9]

I emailed Jake from the show (who left and started his own rescue in North Carolina.)

https://www.facebook.com/TheFortRescue

As well as Tia (who is in New Orleans now) to see if they had any resources in this area.

https://www.facebook.com/VillalobosRescueCenter?fref=ts

Neither one could take all the dogs and I know that but I adore Tia and Jake for what they do. :seeya:

It is making national news now... I've seen it in Washington and Chicago. So the word is getting out now. :seeya:

As long as the word is getting out, then I bet a lot of homes will become available. Then, it will only be transporting them to their new homes and locations...

Best-
Herding Cats

Not to be unfeeling - but the preponderance of posts here have been about the dogs.

Let's sleuth the PEOPLE and solve this crime! Let's get justice for the parents of those two little, innocent children who have been affected by this horror.

Not to be unfeeling - but the preponderance of posts here have been about the dogs.

Let's sleuth the PEOPLE and solve this crime! Let's get justice for the parents of those two little, innocent children who have been affected by this horror.

I hear ya. But I think of it this way. There are thousands of LE working on getting JUstice for those precious children. And they have the resources and the ability to get that done.

But there will be much less effort and resources to aid the canine victims. And it is a problem that we can actually help solve. So why not? :wolf2:

I emailed Jake from the show (who left and started his own rescue in North Carolina.)

https://www.facebook.com/TheFortRescue

As well as Tia (who is in New Orleans now) to see if they had any resources in this area.

https://www.facebook.com/VillalobosRescueCenter?fref=ts

Neither one could take all the dogs and I know that but I adore Tia and Jake for what they do. :seeya:

It is making national news now... I've seen it in Washington and Chicago. So the word is getting out now. :seeya:

THANK YOU for making contact with them. I think they might be able to help get the ball rolling. Obviously they cannot take all of the dogs. But they probably can make some calls and help get it out there.

I was hoping they would take it on as a project for the show so we could watch the dogs being rescued. :blush:

i am the momma of a philly rescue pit. however lets talk about the victims here and not make assumptions. i don't think the dogs are the only story here.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back