ID ID - Brianna Cook, 17, Osburn, 26 Oct 2013

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by SurfieTX, Jan 25, 2014.

1. SurfieTX

SurfieTX New Member

http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_news/article_c890ab6e-2102-5894-9d84-ae6bd77dddf0.html

2. Loading...

3. SurfieTX

SurfieTX New Member

4. JeannaT

JeannaT Former Member

Thanks for starting this thread, Surfie.

It's interesting to note that it's not just the family refusing to believe this was a suicide. It appears it's being investigated still.

I don't understand this case, though. The sister picked her up from a party with friends, where she was very upset. This was about midnight. Took her to the dad's house (with or without friends?). Within an hour she's deceased by hanging in the bathroom.

It's kind of hard to believe someone broke in there and murdered her right there in the house where the dad was, although apparently with a fan on he couldn't hear things. It seems to me he certainly could have heard screaming.

Additionally, it caught my eye that she was "outspoken against suicide" and had told her family she would never do that. In my opinion, that indicates someone who, in fact, is more likely to do that than most people. Most people don't consider suicide, don't think about it, don't talk about it, and don't tell their family they won't ever do it. They simply don't think much about suicide.

5. SurfieTX

SurfieTX New Member

I think that it would depend on her personal experiences. If she had some friends or classmates who committed suicide, she might have became outspoken about it as it personally touched her life.

What's weird to me is that the COD is not determined. Does that mean the blunt impact to her head was enough to kill her too in addition to the asphyxia?

6. musicaljoke

musicaljoke Well-Known Member

Yep. Something stinks with that story. I sleep with a fan and can hear my dog moving around in the next room.

Whoever hung her must have known the layout of the house. How many bathrooms have a place that this could be set up? And what nerves of steel to do this with someone "sleeping" in the next room.

7. SurfieTX

SurfieTX New Member

I wonder how one would hang herself in a bathroom? A light fixture? The bathtub shower rod? I wouldn't think either one would be sufficiently strong enough to hold an "adult" sized body or even be tall enough, unless the home had really high ceilings.

8. Hejlena

Hejlena Former Member

"Our beloved girl, Brianna Sue Cook, 17, of Pinehurst, Idaho, passed away Oct. 26, 2013, at Shoshone Medical Center of Kellogg. "

Interesting. I guess I assumed she was deceased when found.

9. hambirg

hambirg New Member

I was wondering the same thing myself. It seems that the only place would be the shower rod.

Just thinking out loud. If she did attach the ligature to the rod, most are tension rods. She could have hit her knees on the side of the tub, and then I would think the rod would come down under the weight. Maybe it hit her in the head. It's possible that was enough to tighten the ligature enough to asphyxiate her, without actually hanging. I just have a hard time believing someone snuck into the house and hit her on the head with a pipe and then made it look like a suicide. That would be so risky with her dad sleeping nearby. Were there any signs of forced entry?

I have to wonder if it's possible Dylan tied that for her, not knowing why she wanted it. Or even if he didn't, that some one assumed he did. Ugh! :(

10. Ahammons

Ahammons New Member

A new sheriff has been elected into office and wants to reopen both dylan and briannas investigations, hopefully this will lead to more answers!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

11. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From February:

http://www.khq.com/story/31182610/where-is-the-truth-investigating-silver-valley-teen-deaths