ID ID - Connie Johnson (still missing), 76, & dog, Ace (found safe), Fog Mountain, 2 Oct 2018

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Brubeck

Brubeck take five

I take heart that Ace was found. I imagine it will be early spring before Ms. Johnson's found.

2. MFH

MFH Well-Known Member

If not understanding her radio call was due to her having a poor signal, I wonder if they could chart out areas surrounding the camp where one would be likely to lose signal. Maybe that could narrow down their search area if it is unusual to have bad signal on the radios.

IMOO

3. MissMYB

MissMYB Well-Known Member

Surprising in this day and age of fairly easily accessible GPS location devices, such as The Spot, that she didn't carry one with her. I tend to do solo nature trips (so far to populated areas, campgrounds etc.) but wouldn't plan a trip off grid anywhere without one of these devices.

4. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Thinking of Connie and her family.

zecats, whatsnext, Luckyzmom and 6 others like this.
  5. Luckyzmom

Luckyzmom Well-Known Member

Prayers for Connie, family friends and Ace

JEMB135, Suglo, windrower and 3 others like this.
  6. Luckyzmom

Bump with prayers

Tripod and MT_Catt like this.
  7. moonriverfarm

moonriverfarm Well-Known Member

Hope that one day resolution is posted here.

windrower, Tripod, altissima and 2 others like this.
  8. Luckyzmom

Amen

Tripod likes this.
  9. aegarner1

aegarner1 Well-Known Member

From what her daughter told me she was very comfortable in the area. It is very remote takes a long hike to get where she was after a plane trip. Her one daughter feels that something quick happened to her because she had jobs in the woods and tough terrain for over 20 years. The dog is being well cared for by a friend of the family. There will be a celebration this late spring/ summer out at the hunting camp and then where she lived most of her life.

10. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for that info. I've been thinking about Connie lately, and wondering how the family and Ace are doing, too. It's still puzzling in that, if something did indeed happen quickly, I'd think she would have been closer to that hunting cabin. I hope and pray we'll know some day.

11. Checkin

Checkin Member

I was wondering the exact same thing.
    Google Dense People Replies....??
    Or something.
    Ha.

Luckyzmom, MT_Catt and cpeacock1 like this.
  12. cpeacock1

cpeacock1 Well-Known Member

13. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

This is just soooooo sad.
    IMO, for the dog to leave, Connie was not around.
    Do you think the same?
    I have BC & Aussie’s, they are like Velcro to their owner.

silversurvivor, Tripod and zecats like this.
  14. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Being familiar with the herd breed, I think she must have left, with someone, for some reason, leaving the dog behind. People pay major money for herd dogs & generally, imo, train them or buy them trained. Otherwise, they are useless, they will run run run, after any moving object. I can’t see her, at her age, tolerating her “bestie” not behaving. I know in my heart she wouldn’t want to risk losing him. He’s gorgeous, I’d be happy to foster him.
    The herd breed watches every move their owner makes. I bet his heart aches for his “mom”. Jmo
    I would never expect a trained, well cared for BC to leave his owner’s side unless the owner died. So sad. Bet Ace only left her when he knew he could do nothing for her.
    Moo

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    silversurvivor and BlkMtnGirl like this.
  15. aegarner1

I’ve let her daughter know that people have her in their thoughts

16. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Oh tysm! How is Ace? I want him! He’d fit right in at my place, lol.
    I just know in my heart he didn’t leave his mom until it was necessary for his own survival. Unless, she sent him for help & he didn’t know where to go.

silversurvivor and Steelslady like this.
  17. aegarner1

Last I knew Ace was doing well and in a very loving family that has kids. I don’t think he would have left Connie unless he knew that she was gone.

18. Steelslady

Steelslady Well-Known Member

I feel awful that she's never been found. I can't imagine how her family and friends feel right now. We can guess that perhaps she had a heart attack or some other health issue that caused her to not return to the camp. Yet, it's bothering me that she ended up so far away from the camp that no trace of her has been found? No shoe, coat, anything at all.

19. Catmammy

Catmammy Well-Known Member

It sounds as though, could she have chosen, the mountains being her final resting place would be just that. I hope her end was quick and her spirit is at peace.

20. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

I so agree. And, I know she would not ever risked him being loose in the wilds if he did not mind. It’s just too risky.

OT with a lighter story. I once had a neighbor, in MI, that raised border collies. He had a special one, Gus, Gus was allowed in the family room/breezeway only. My friend, Ron, was a FT farmer, he went in daily at noon, to eat lunch, bringing Gus with him. Sadly, one day, Ron sat in his recliner & died of a massive heart attack. When his wife brought his coffee & lunch to him, she of course found him & called for an ambulance. Before the ambulance arrived, Gus jumped in Ron’s lap and died. Yes, really.
    The two were inseparable, Gus would even go to the barber shop with Ron. After the grieving process, everyone realized, the two had such a bond, one could not live, w/o the other.
    Ive since heard of this happening, many times.