Found Deceased ID - Deborah Hendrichs, 56, abandoned car on I-84 near Mecham, Star, 11 Jan 2021

Poor Deborah! I hate that this happened to her.

I know I'm way late to this thread but I just want to say that she sounds like a very kind lady. MOO I just don't think she would have got out and left the car voluntarily if she knew someone was bringing some gas right back to her. I think she would wait for them until they returned, so she didn't "put them out" (cause them to go out of their way) for her.

BTW did anyone ever say if the wallet they found contained any money?

Great article.
t4518.gif

JUL 11, 2021
Fifteen years after son's disappearance, David Francis continues to help families of missing persons
Jul. 12—The phone call that ripped David and Linda Francis' lives apart came 15 years ago: Their son, Jon, was missing in the Sawtooth Mountains in Idaho.

Jon, 24, a counselor at a bible camp in Idaho, left on the morning of July 15, 2006, for a solo climb on the nearly 10,000-foot Grand Mogul peak. He told co-workers he would be back that evening. He never returned.

[...]

A wilderness searcher found Jon Francis's remains a little more than a year later, on July 24, 2007; he had fallen to his death from the north face of the Grand Mogul.

Since then, David Francis, 77, has emerged as a national advocate for missing adults. He has written a book, "Bringing Jon Home," and founded the Jon Francis Foundation, which provides information and advice to families searching for people missing in the wild.

[...]

His last search was for Deb Hendrichs, 56, of Star, Idaho, who went missing on Jan. 11, 2021, in the Blue Mountains near Meacham, Ore., when her Toyota RAV-4 ran out of gas.

"She walked away from it in subfreezing winter weather," he said. "It was a fatal error. She succumbed to hypothermia."

[...]

"It's been a journey," Francis said. "Back then, we were struggling to get search-and-rescue volunteers, and law enforcement officers were distrustful of us, primarily county sheriffs. Now, search-and-rescue people are calling me and sending me their résumés. County sheriffs are bringing us in and asking for advice."

[...]

"We still miss him," David Francis said last week. "There are holes in our hearts that Jon filled. As you know, there is no such thing as closure. It's a myth. You just reach a point of resolution and ability to live a mainly normal life, but you always have that nagging pain. Our lives are not whole because we lost a son who was just so precious and dear to us."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back