ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Around the 7:15 mark is mention of a child matching his description coming into a store crying. If the store clerk was correct in the timeframe, then could that have been Deorr? And if so, who would have been with him? This would have been after the 911 call and the search for him was underway.

That part was confusing. It sounded like she was trying to clarify where the rumor came from about a black truck. He said that he has a black truck and he was at the store with DeOrr earlier in the day. So they weren't sure if the store owners were describing him with DeOrr or if somebody actually did come into the store later in the day with a small boy and driving a black truck. I hope that makes sense. Unfortunately, my computer is not letting me watch the video just now.

This is my worst nightmare. We went camping last summer and I woke up to the sound of footsteps outside our tent. Somehow, our 3yo had gotten up and unzipped the tent without waking us. My husband went out and got her and she wasn't even awake - she was sleep walking. And our campsite was right next to the lake! It still scares me to think where she would have ended up if I hadn't woken up.

I feel the need to clarify that I don't think less of them.

It is the combination of what they believe and semantically how the word believe seems more interchangeable with what they think rather than what they hope. In the video interview with the parents it was stated:

They believe he's safe.
They believe he is NOT on the mountain.
They believe he was abducted.

It just seems a bit mismatched to me.

The parents are the victims here.

Maybe the only way you can stand is TO be hopeful and believe your child is safe.

I felt he was protective of the mom, and pray they find their child safe and soon. With most cases here, the parents make me lose my lunch, not these two.

Is there a map of the area? Are there mountain lions in the area?

Here is the basic map. https://www.google.com/maps/place/T...,15.22z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xfc08c0c1c2dea9b You can switch to Earth view and look around to get a feel for the area. There are mountain lions and wolves in Idaho. From my experience, the undeveloped area is so vast in that part of the country that it is very unlikely to encounter wildlife. They generally stay away from people. Of course, there is always a chance, but less likely then in other parts of the country.

This is SO frustrating. IMHO, that baby is out there somewhere, probably about 4 miles from their campsite, still alive. I wish they could put the resources into finding him that was put into finding those two escaped felons in New York, and Ember's Dad in California.

I am beyond angry that LE stopped looking for him. The chance that he is still clinging to life, miles from their campsite, is VERY VERY high.

This is SO frustrating. IMHO, that baby is out there somewhere, probably about 4 miles from their campsite, still alive. I wish they could put the resources into finding him that was put into finding those two escaped felons in New York, and Ember's Dad in California.

I am beyond angry that LE stopped looking for him. The chance that he is still clinging to life, miles from their campsite, is VERY VERY high.

In the interview the father says it is not true that they suspended the search. There are still people looking, LE with horses I think he mentioned.

idk I'm also confused.

:fear:

really hoping deorr is safe somewhere and found unharmed. don't know that i can take another innocent child dying. :(

That part was confusing. It sounded like she was trying to clarify where the rumor came from about a black truck. He said that he has a black truck and he was at the store with DeOrr earlier in the day. So they weren't sure if the store owners were describing him with DeOrr or if somebody actually did come into the store later in the day with a small boy and driving a black truck. I hope that makes sense. Unfortunately, my computer is not letting me watch the video just now.

If you continue to have any trouble with their videos, East Idaho News uploads their videos to their YouTube channel as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=893&v=mwM1oG3z358

They checked the other campers, tents, vehicles, etc? When my niece went missing when we were camping she had just inadvertently gone to the wrong camper, she was one campsite over. But those 5 minutes of panic were terrifying.

Very sad and scary, hoping for a miracle at this point. I too think its strange if it is true that the search has been suspended. It's too soon to quit searching unless they have a darn good reason to stop searching.

In Malik Drummond's case, I remember coming across some instances of prior lost kids snuggling up in leaves (therefore not being easily visible to the searchers)...

All of us are all rooting for you Little Deorr!

The problem is compounded because the little guy was dressed in a camouflage jacket. It would be worthwhile PS announcement to recommend parents dress their children in bright jackets when camping in the woods or near water. This is heartbreaking, at 2 years old the child has no resources to keep himself safe and alive.

Before my son (age 7 at the time) went on his first Beavers overnight trip, they watched a "How to stay safe in the woods" video (and I'm glad they did). One of the recommendations was to wear a red jacket. You're right though, obviously a 2 year old is going to be too young to learn the sort of lessons required to survive alone in the woods. What were his parents doing at 1:30 in the afternoon, I wonder, to lose track of him? Does not seem like they were being as vigilant as you'd need to be on a camping trip with a young child. Personally, I wouldn't even attempt such a trip, near water, with a child so young.

Before my son (age 7 at the time) went on his first Beavers overnight trip, they watched a "How to stay safe in the woods" video (and I'm glad they did). One of the recommendations was to wear a red jacket. You're right though, obviously a 2 year old is going to be too young to learn the sort of lessons required to survive alone in the woods. What were his parents doing at 1:30 in the afternoon, I wonder, to lose track of him? Does not seem like they were being as vigilant as you'd need to be on a camping trip with a young child. Personally, I wouldn't even attempt such a trip, near water, with a child so young.

They had left him with grandpa. Maybe they just wanted 10 minutes alone as a couple, seeing as they had a young child. The dad seems genuine to me. Yes he's the dominant one, but I think that's how he is coping. Those tears at the end, in his eyes, seemed completely real to me. He wasn't trying to hide his eyes filling up with tears.

I don't think mom or dad has anything to do with DeOrr going missing. To me dad did a sterling job of trying to get as much information over as he could in 15 mins, and looked completely exhausted. I hope little DeOrr is found safe and well soon

This is the same link I posted up the thread, post #36. The last statement from the reporter, she said the current search was suspended but that another search would begin in a week - another experienced team would be there in the woods.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/search-contiunes-for-missing-two-year-old-in-lemhi-county/34110688

Why wouldn't they continue to search while the next search team assembles? I wouldn't be able to sit around while my child was missing!

If he was an older kid/teen, I might understand this. There might be a remote chance he'd survive a week in the woods in the summer if he could find shelter and resources. A toddler, no way. As morbid as this sounds, it seems like by doing this, searchers are giving up any chance of finding the little boy alive. Or perhaps they are already at that point. :( Very sad. I do feel for the parents, and maybe I was a little harsh on them earlier. Kids that age can disappear fast, my youngest did so on occasion (but thankfully not for very long). It sounds like it was a miscommunication about who had the boy. Horrible.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/uncut-entire-interview-with-parents-of-deorr-kunz/

Here's a link to the uncut raw video of the interview with the parents of Deorr Kunz.

Thanks, that video cleared some things up for me. I am very new to following this case. When the Dad described the location of the campground being below the reservoir, easily seen from above but you can't see out, and being hard to hear somebody approach b/c of the water noise, I got a really creepy feeling. Same with the description of the grubby little boy with an adult at the convenience store around 6:00, bawling. :( It almost feels like they were sitting ducks at that site for someone who might want to do harm to them or take their little boy. Does the convenience store have a tape to confirm the sighting of a little boy with a guy in a black truck at 6:00? Black is a pretty common color for trucks so it's probably just a coincidence that Dad's truck is also black. I am sure LE is following up on this, hope so anyway!

Thanks, that video cleared some things up for me. I am very new to following this case. When the Dad described the location of the campground being below the reservoir, easily seen from above but you can't see out, and being hard to hear somebody approach b/c of the water noise, I got a really creepy feeling. Same with the description of the grubby little boy with an adult at the convenience store around 6:00, bawling. :( It almost feels like they were sitting ducks at that site for someone who might want to do harm to them or take their little boy. Does the convenience store have a tape to confirm the sighting of a little boy with a guy in a black truck at 6:00? Black is a pretty common color for trucks so it's probably just a coincidence that Dad's truck is also black. I am sure LE is following up on this, hope so anyway!

Did they ask the store clerk what the people with the crying baby were buying in the store? Because I'd think it would have to be something pretty important that would make them stop at a store if they had just kidnapped a baby. Like gasoline or water or something that was a necessity. But it still seems odd they would take a newly kidnapped baby into a store so soon and so close by.

Did they ask the store clerk what the people with the crying baby were buying in the store? Because I'd think it would have to be something pretty important that would make them stop at a store if they had just kidnapped a baby. Like gasoline or water or something that was a necessity. But it still seems odd they would take a newly kidnapped baby into a store so soon and so close by.

The witness said they were buying the kid a candy bar. Which makes some sense as a bribe/treat, to calm him down. But not a lot of sense b/c as you mention, they were letting themselves be seen. Not sure if they were picking anything else up. It does seem foolhardy. But then child abductions make no sense to the sane mind either. I can't even put myself in the mindset of someone who would do that to a family/child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck