ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #1

Discussion in 'DeOrr Kunz, Jr.' started by los2188, Jul 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1&2&3

1&2&3 Well-Known Member

Did the store that father returned to have cameras inside or out?

The 5 hour time variance is a huge question in my mind. Was the same store clerk working when father stopped on the way into camp and when he returned with DeOrr to get candy?
    This is the part of the story that does not click for me. Why would a father drive that far for a candy bar for a 2 year old?? Does DeOrr have that much control over his parents?

Or did the group need beer and it sounded better to say DeOrr wanted a candy bar?

Just my opinions.

2. Jules71

Jules71 Well-Known Member

Bumping the store info.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

3. SweetT

SweetT Well-Known Member

I would think that a toddler lost in the woods for a while would probably be filthy. I always thought the mention of that was kind of odd. I'm not saying the child was kidnapped but who knows. There is always a possibility that another man with a black truck was out fishing or in the woods that day and came across Deorr. Also maybe Deorr had limited vocabulary and Candy bar was one of the things he would want when upset. And as another poster said, possibly the Man with filthy child had to get gas and had no other choice but to stop.

I dont believe that Deorr was kidnapped I still believe he is in that creek or somewhere around there close, but I dont discount the possibility either. This one would be easy to find out though. Check the store clerks hours of work, have her look at the father and Deorrs picture etc and identify them as the ones she saw or not at 6? Also check registrar receipts to see when candy bar was bought etc..She holds the answers to all of these questions..well along with receipts and time card etc.

4. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

Did they drive to the store from the campsite? Or stop in the store on their way to the campsite?

5. Jules71

They left the campground to go to the store. 40 minutes each way -- after just arriving that day and passing that store on the way in.

ETA: He said "we haven't left the campground since 1:00"

I interpreted that to mean they did in fact leave the campground. Meaning they arrive and then left again to go to the store.

6. flourish

flourish Now With 30% More Emo

It's been speculated that the candy bar wasn't the intent of the trip to the store, but an afterthought. As in, here tired toddler, here's a candy bar to quiet you with on the way back. I really don't think they drove there for the sole purpose of getting the candy bar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eta I really really doubt they drink.

7. Roselvr

Roselvr Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

I loved the suggestion to throw something in the water. I would do one of those dummy CPR dolls; one in the creek by camp & one at the reservoir to see what happens. My gut says water. I think he was quickly swept away </3

8. Jules71

"As a family we went down to get some, to get a few things."

So not just for a candy bar.

9. 4senthia

4senthia New Member

Please let me say this and I will go back to read only mode:
    This little boy is missing. Just like in the baby Ember case in CA. There's videos from local convenience marts.
    The entire missing situation of children, as well as adults, around the world is staggering at best and I don't want to blame the parents in this case. Why oh why, in this country, in this time, do we have to live in self-imposed cages of isolation? We may deny that we do, but IF we do so it is not wise IMO.
    We cannot keep ourselves or our children safe because, IMO only, real "evil" does exist amongst us.
    Real evil not a Bigfoot/Dogman.ETC.Evil that lurks in the minds of men and women who believe in science without bounds and in humanity against all that is known.
    May G-d keep little Deorr and bring him home if he hasn't already.
    IMO he was walking. Just walking.
    And then : look out somebody help us, what is going on....
    :moo:

10. white rabbit

white rabbit Well-Known Member

"as a family we went down to get some things"

if they went 'down' it means they had already been 'up'. heck for all we know they got to the campground Thursday and by friday morning ran out of toilet paper (and beer). bought candy to shut up a toddler. totally seems normal to me.

IMO it may simply be unnecessary extraneous information from a store clerk who wasn't too bright. and another dude in a black pickup and a crying kid came in at 6:00, confusing her.

because the deorr clan has a clear cut "alibi" (not that they need one, I'm just pointing out the timeline) at that time, they were in the initial stages of a very chaotic and emotional search and rescue operation. with the exception of the little one of course.

what happened between the 1:00 store visit and the 911 call would be helpful. specifically the whereabouts of the friend and ggpa, since we haven't learned one shred of info about that. were they part of "as a family" going "down" to the store? or were they fishing and when the parents returned, the babysitting 'switch' went awry?

anyway, unless we learn otherwise, I'm putting this piece of info on the back burner...for now...JMO...

11. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

I think abduction remains a real possibility. LE should release a sketch of the man seen by the clerk.

JMO

12. Mountain

Mountain New Member

13. 4senthia

4senthia New Member

Many thanks WhiteRabbit,
    who knows how/when/why lil Deorr fell down his assumed rabbit hole?
    I'm upset way beyond normal agitation.
    JMHO whilst wishing I were still young AND believed in ALL sorts of situations, both proven and not,,,,sadly, but the world takes that from me..
    :(

14. Mountain

Mountain New Member

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2015/07/17/deorr-kunz-missing-idaho-911-call 911 call sounds like "camel" jacket

15. MyBelle

The store clerk didn't report seeing a family with the child at 6 p.m., she reported seeing a man. I assume there is also a time-stamped cash register receipt.

While the parents may not have left the area after 1 PM, no mention has been made as to the whereabouts of either of the two other adults or the truck after 1 PM.

JMO

16. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

The press release does not say they are actually doing poly's, just that the parents have volunteered to take them. This is not the first time this was mentioned. The Sheriff stated in one of the interviews a few days ago that the parents had offered to take them.

17. white rabbit

white rabbit Well-Known Member

thanks mybelle...I do agree.

re: an abductor, the chances of this abductor driving the same color pickup as the father, matching the description of the father, visiting the same store as the father, on the same day as a father, buying the same item for the same child are...twiggy slim. in other words, beyond possible.

IMO.

18. MyBelle

Actually, it says the family of Deorr has volunteered to take polys. No mention whether g-grandfather's friend has also volunteered to take one.

JMO

19. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

20. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.