ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it is possible DeOrr Jr. is still alive when Klein came right out and said this was either an accidental death or homicide. He wasn't wrong about this case coming into a prosecutorial phase and he has stated there is physical and forensic evidence to support it.

Without knowing what Klein based that on I cant determine how much weight to give it. He said there is physical and forensic evidence to support that Deorr is dead?

Morning all, good to catch up while most of you are still asleep!

Lots being discussed but I don't think we can rule anything in or out yet. There are plenty of missing cases where people are named POI, or suspect, or even get arrested on suspicion of murder but then walk away and nothing happens (thinking of Claudia Lawrence).

If the parents know something we have to hope one of them breaks and spills the beans. Until/unless that happens, and in the absence of a body, this might end up another red herring. Hoping for some further news this week.

They couldn't get a public defender assigned at this point could they? Without being charged? According to the Idaho repository, JM has one for her driving without privileges charge, but how do we know they could afford private lawyers? They needed public donations to pay for a PI.

They didn't *need* public donations to hire a PI, they just weren't willing to use their own money for something they knew was fruitless. They could have found money to help find DeOrr, but chose not to. And chose to let the public give the money instead. But when it comes to protecting themselves, they are willing to use their own money. All just MOO.

Just catching up to the latest news of JM and DK being named suspects. Finally!!!
The sheriff knows the game better - time to start wriggling you two.

Primarily I think it's because people thought "Seriously? They left a 2 1/2 year old with an elderly man with dementia, who is dependent on an oxygen tank, at a campground with a vast open space and a creek with a 20' embankment only yards away?" and knew immediately something wasn't right.

Yeah... (modsnip). And that at the very least, his parents were negligent by leaving him at the campsite to go off exploring/ fishing for 4 to 45 minutes (the time kept changing), without making sure he was being properly supervised.

They just assumed he had stayed with ggp. They just assumed ggp knew he was supposed to be watching him. They just assumed that ggp was physically and mentally capable of taking care of a 2 year old in the woods for however long they decided to explore/ fish for.

I'm sorry, but you don't make assumptions like that when you have a two year old next to a creek, with wild animals running around. And if you think "There but for the grace of God go I" then I really think you should reassess your parenting choices. Kids need constant supervision around water, everyone knows that. Parents have been prosecuted for just being distracted for a few minutes whilst their kid drowned in a pond in the backyard, never mind leaving your toddler unsupervised whilst you go off fishing in the woods.

Wow, it's so nice to be able to get that off my chest at last! Even if their version of events is true, I think that they are responsible for DeOrr's disappearance by not supervising him. And in this case, I don't think that losing a child is punishment enough for what they did (not least because they don't seem all that upset about it), and I don't think it's mean or cruel to point out that even if their story is true, DeOrr would be alive and well today if they had bothered to watch him properly.

All just MOO. :moo:

Just to back up what I said, two year old Joshua Barnett's mother in the UK was sent to prison for 5 years for neglect for being on Facebook whilst her son drowned in the garden pond.

Prosecuting lawyer Peter Moulson, QC, said it was not known how long the toddler was in the ornamental pond before his mother went to him.

"It may have been as short as 20 seconds," he said.
"There was evidence the defendant had been on a mobile telephone in the lounge on Facebook when Joshua was at the pond.

"The danger present of this neglect was obvious."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-34491753

It might have been as short as 20 seconds, but she was still responsible because she knew the pond was there, and she knew it represented a great danger to Joshua.

according to localnews8.com, the father of Baby Deorr has hired an attorney, but Jessica Mitchell does not have one (yet) neither does her father, the Grandpa.
Is that strange Deorr and Jessica wouldn't get one together, even if they aren't married? Does Idaho recognize common law marriage?

Also Isaac Reinwand has not been cooperative with the PI, but I think that is pretty normal (and not necessarily incriminating) after hiring an attorney and already giving interviews to the police and FBI. Usually attorneys advise against their clients giving a bunch of interviews!

So basically without a body or confession they won't be arrested and charged right now.

She got done again 01/08/2016 I49-1232 Vehicle Insurance-Fail to Provide Proof of Insurance
https://www.idcourts.us/repository/...ayName=Birch,+Jessica+(+for+Burch,+Jessica+L)

Thanks for this link. Seems like JM has made a habit of driving infractions. Why? If you have a habit of the same infractions, sooner or later the judge will hand down a harsh punishment, IMO. Just a big MOO, but seems like a need for more donation money to me.

*IS it possible little DeOrr is alive and was passed off to someone? We have heard of large donation funds in cases such as this. I hope it is not only possible, but has happened. Maybe a hoax for money?

Also, JM looked so very different from her pics before this happened. In her first interview she seemed very nervous, IMO, but that would be understandable due to the circumstances. Then in the video where she, DeOrr, Sr., and family (concerning their search) she seemed about ready to jump out of her skin, IMO. I sincerely hope drug use is not in play here. She is skin and bones.

JMO, IMO, MOO!

(modsnip)

Yes. My heart has hurt for this little guy and the people who love him all along. Something terrible happened there that day, and I think that at least one of the POIs/suspects** knows exactly what it was. DeOrr needs to be brought home and put to rest by the people who loved him. I'm afraid he's been horribly failed by someone.

**(I'm not entirely sure both parents or multiple POIs are directly responsible for whatever happened and am still trying to keep an open mind).

All my opinion only

Morning all, good to catch up while most of you are still asleep!

Lots being discussed but I don't think we can rule anything in or out yet. There are plenty of missing cases where people are named POI, or suspect, or even get arrested on suspicion of murder but then walk away and nothing happens (thinking of Claudia Lawrence).

If the parents know something we have to hope one of them breaks and spills the beans. Until/unless that happens, and in the absence of a body, this might end up another red herring. Hoping for some further news this week.

And this is the one of the only times I love the UK police and justice system compared to the US system, there never anywhere near as worried about pressing charges without a body like in the US where it's nearly an absolute no go without a body.

Don't worry guys I love your system for sentence length and punishment ie having the death penalty where it's deserved for some of the absolute monsters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She got done again 01/08/2016 I49-1232 Vehicle Insurance-Fail to Provide Proof of Insurance
https://www.idcourts.us/repository/...ayName=Birch,+Jessica+(+for+Burch,+Jessica+L)

I am slightly confused. Your link rerouted me to the main page, so I had to put her name in myself with the names in your link. Her last name is spelled as Birch and Burch.
You can also search Jessica Mitchell. The Mitchell surname gives me a different year of birth 1990 than the Birch/Burch surname which is 1986. Early on I remember the reports saying she was 25 years old. So is she 25/26 or 30/31 years old? Did they get the files mixed up with another Jessica? Or did she give two birth years? :thinking::thinking:

I thought she looked older than 25.

Suspects! Ugh. I have not commented since thread 5. You guys have been busy on Deorr's behalf. Thanks all.
Poor little guy .

Yes, I had read that. Unfortunately (actually fortunately) his consistent answers can be consistently true or consistently false.

Each to his own, but I'm thinking and hoping that he is telling the truth.

If I had to guess, I'd say Jessica's mom. She arrived at the campground suspiciously fast, and I've always wondered if the texting about the "feminine products" was what they were actually discussing.

I agree. Remember the big discussion about the diaper that was thrown away by her.

This should be very interesting with one spouse having a lawyer and the other not having one. LE will likely play the "it'll be easier for the one who talks first" card, which usually does get one or more parties talking. I wonder why they decided to get him an attorney and not her? Perhaps he will have one soon too. I know I sure as heck would whether I was guilty OR innocent.

Spouse - they aren't married but I'm wondering if they will get married if this goes to trial so one doesn't have to testify against the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member