ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that's why I wondered if he had a car seat at all. Especially if someone was hauling ... up or down that really horrible road.

I imagine the black truck would get mighty dusty driving on the gravel roads. So any recent cleaning of the exterior would be obvious.

Apparently it is a rough road. I imagine a child riding inside, if unrestrained, could be susceptible to injuries! I came to a short stop (nothing big) and my doggie went right into the back of my seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would there be any real significant reason to clean the truck other than it looks to be a pretty clean truck to begin w/, no real obvious signs of rust or significant damage? Maybe he's just a car/truck guy?

OMG, I am so paranoid about my dog hitting he back seat or the windshield. He's the size of a small deer, so I can't even imagine how I would feel about a 30 lb child!!

I live about 45 minutes from IF & have probably a hundred "friends" in common with JM/DKsr/TBC & TO'NT on FB. I was mucking through rumors & stories on FB the first couple months & now recently. I never heard the 6pm dirty little kid story online or in person. ETA- aside from the DKsr interview w/EIN. I'm not saying it wasn't out there, but if it was I don't know how I managed to miss it. I don't belong to any of the groups, but they weren't organized right away so I doubt that is where it came from.

AFAIK The sighting of the really filthy baby with the man in a black truck orininally came from the first interview that JM and DK did for EIN with Nate. If you watch that interview again you'll hear them talk about it.

AFAIK The sighting of the really filthy baby with the man in a black truck orininally came from the first interview that JM and DK did for EIN with Nate. If you watch that interview again you'll hear them talk about it.

That could go well with the planned abduction/adoption theory. Except here's the problem...

Hmmm. Like he said something different than the story that JM told...

I'm not sure why they both called 911 anyway. Maybe there was either a misunderstanding or a disagreement about that.

Would there be any real significant reason to clean the truck other than it looks to be a pretty clean truck to begin w/, no real obvious signs of rust or significant damage? Maybe he's just a car/truck guy?

sbm.

I meant if they had cleaned any 'evidence' from the truck exterior, it would be apparent. Sometimes I'm not very clear with my posts. Yes, I think he's for sure a car/truck guy.

I wonder if LE tried the dogs at various points along the road all the way into town. I remember at some point, LE mentioned extending the search area to 10 miles... which is the distance to the Stage Stop.

sbm.

I meant if they had cleaned any 'evidence' from the truck exterior, it would be apparent. Sometimes I'm not very clear with my posts. Yes, I think he's for sure a car/truck guy.

Thank you for clarifying. I can certainly understand, as a car person myself. I can tell you, I wash and wax my summer car almost every time it rains b/c water spots are an OCD nightmare for me. Same w/ dust or dirt on the inside or on the windows. :gaah: But I can also say too, having been unlucky enough to hit at least a couple of deer and other small animals crossing the road unexpectedly in my winter beaters, I can tell you, washing it doesn't always get rid of the hairs, and the body matter. [emoji53] Deer fur stuck in headlights or under the hood (believe it or not), in the undercarriage, and even blood in the wheel wells (for example) is hard to get rid of... [emoji45] So even if he did wash it, would it be so unusual for a car guy, at first glance?

Thank you for clarifying. I can certainly understand, as a car person myself. I can tell you, I wash and wax my summer car almost every time it rains b/c water spots are an OCD nightmare for me. Same w/ dust or dirt on the inside or on the windows. :gaah: But I can also say too, having been unlucky enough to hit at least a couple of deer and other small animals crossing the road unexpectedly in my winter beaters, I can tell you, washing it doesn't always get rid of the hairs, and the body matter. [emoji53] Deer fur stuck in headlights or under the hood (believe it or not), in the undercarriage, and even blood in the wheel wells (for example) is hard to get rid of... [emoji45] So even if he did wash it, would it be so unusual for a car guy, at first glance?

You have a summer car and a winter car?

ETA: is that typical for the area? Rough winters and all?

You have a summer car and a winter car?

Yep! In the winters here, we dump so much salt on the roads to keep them clear of snow and ice, it eats away at paint, the undercarriage, etc. It is very hard on cars. I show my summer car and keep it out of the elements. The winter car, I don't care so much about. [emoji39]

Yep! In the winters here, we dump so much salt on the roads to keep them clear of snow and ice, it eats away at paint, the undercarriage, etc. It is very hard on cars. I show my summer car and keep it out of the elements. The winter car, I don't care so much about. [emoji39]

Sorry for going OT, but that's interesting. I wonder how many vehicles JM and DK owned.

OMG, I am so paranoid about my dog hitting he back seat or the windshield. He's the size of a small deer, so I can't even imagine how I would feel about a 30 lb child!!

I get it, when my dog's with me, I drive better because I'm afraid of suddenly hitting the brakes and throwing him into the floor. So I'm safer too. He's such a good dog, but I doubt he realizes he's doing a good deed. Then again, maybe he does. :)

Sorry for going OT, but that's interesting. I wonder how many vehicles JM and DK owned.

No problem! I wonder the same. Maybe one of the ID locals can tell us how they treat snow on their roads? Do they use salt? Not everybody has summer and winter cars here though. Typically here, the people that have sports cars and restored or built classics have winter cars so they keep the prized cars in the garage or in storage. Idk if it is the same in ID? Idk if it even matters? Just a fleeting thought?

Hi Onebest, I thought that was a story initially reported by the store clerk that Vernal was addressing in that interview. He seemed more than unnerved by it and responded to it in a way that was totally off, IMO ... i.e., according to him, the reported time of the sighting was wrong, and it was him in his black truck at a different time. He showed no interest that it might be a lead in his son's alleged abduction. Strange, yes.

So did it not really happen ? I have no idea... but if not I wonder why would he bring it up in such an awkward way? Did I just miss something? :help:

Probably already discussed, but I was thinking the other night about the 911 call. DK says that they were "blessed" that JM was able to get cell service and make the call. Now if the searchers arrived and found Deorr suffering from an injury and they found him just in time to save his life, I would consider them "blessed" for getting cell service right away. In reality, it wouldn't have made a difference if it took them a whole day to get cell service, because Deorr Jr. was not found. Whether or not they got service right away made no impact on anything, so why was it seen as a blessing?

Well he's already tried to get LE on side by consistently praising them... Why not bring The Lord into it for a few more brownie points?

I thought that was a story that was initially reported by the store clerk, and Vernal was just addressing it in that interview. He seemed more than unnerved by it and responded to it in a way that was totally off, IMO ... i.e., according to him, the reported time of the sighting was wrong, and it was him in his black truck at a different time. Strange, yes.

So did it not really happen ? If not why would he bring it up in such an awkward way? Did I just miss something? :help:

I wanted to hear what Jessica had to say about it, but he wouldn't let her finish her sentence before he butted in and started telling his version of it.

I wanted to hear what Jessica had to say about it, but he wouldn't let her finish her sentence before he butted in and started telling his version of it.

I just edited my post, but you're right, he wouldn't let her speak. Very controlling, IMO.

I believe it was Jessica that brought up the scenario. The interviewer asked them if there was any rumor, etc. that they wanted to address and she specifically brought up the crying dirty toddler in a diaper.

Hi Onebest, I thought that was a story initially reported by the store clerk that Vernal was addressing in that interview. He seemed more than unnerved by it and responded to it in a way that was totally off, IMO ... i.e., according to him, the reported time of the sighting was wrong, and it was him in his black truck at a different time. He showed no interest that it might be a lead in his son's alleged abduction. Strange, yes.

So did it not really happen ? I have no idea... but if not I wonder why would he bring it up in such an awkward way? Did I just miss something? :help:

I'm convinced that when we finally get information on the time line, evidence, etc., there will be an "a-ha" moment for us regarding this! There was absolutely something strange about VDK's interview, in general, but that part really stood out to me.

The way I see it, if you think your child was abducted and you hear of a possible sighting after you last saw your child, you'd be all over investigators to follow up on it. Why would you want to disprove it instead?

This just occurred to me randomly, but could he have feared that the possible sighting might lead to a search near the store?

I get it, when my dog's with me, I drive better because I'm afraid of suddenly hitting the brakes and throwing him into the floor. So I'm safer too. He's such a good dog, but I doubt he realizes he's doing a good deed. Then again, maybe he does. :)

Woof! Dogs are the best. Trying to remember if they took dogs on the camping trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708