ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jojos are potato wedges fried in the same vat as chicken and usually eaten plain alongside fried chicken, coleslaw, and baked beans.

I am not sure there's a delicate way to put this, but how would the campers above the campground not notice the smell coming from the lower campground? Unless it was windy enough to blow it all away pretty quickly, I'd think the first responders would also have noticed it.
I agree. I don't want to list them off, but if you think through the logistics of such a thing (i.e. how long it would take), you might determine this fire pit theory to be unlikely.

I know I'm repeating myself, but I just can't shake the awful feeling that this is going to have a much darker outcome than any of us anticipated.

I am not sure there's a delicate way to put this, but how would the campers above the campground not notice the smell coming from the lower campground? Unless it was windy enough to blow it all away pretty quickly, I'd think the first responders would also have noticed it.

They might have burned stuff elsewhere. In another County, even. Hence the dogs not hitting on it. Or they might not have burned a body, but may have burned the clothing they were wearing when whatever happened happened.

Does anyone know if there are showers at the campsite? I'm guessing not... I wonder if they went and showered somewhere that day, between 8 and the 911 call. Witnesses may have seen them there.

How many they want or don't want to take. Lol
My two year old takes one at daycare and usally none at home.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

I doubt that little Deorr was given much of a choice.

So, I'm just doing some random research on the Stage Stop in Leadore and I came across this entry <modsnip>

I wonder if any of the new witnesses were "locals" hanging out at the Stage Stop.

Also interesting, the mention of "jo-jo's" which I know was hotly debated over here on WebSleuths. LOL!

Loosely linked to this, here's a aerial view of Leadore. Interesting and relevant IMO to see the size of the town. No doubt everyone knows everyone else there.

Leadore.jpg

They might have burned stuff elsewhere. In another County, even. Hence the dogs not hitting on it. Or they might not have burned a body, but may have burned the clothing they were wearing when whatever happened happened.

Does anyone know if there are showers at the campsite? I'm guessing not... I wonder if they went and showered somewhere that day, between 8 and the 911 call. Witnesses may have seen them there.

Just to put this back out there. Montana is only 14 miles from Leadore.

That's right. Did they have a fire on Thurs night? That would sure help keeping mountain lions out of their camp site.

Yes a nighttime camp fire wouldn't arouse suspicion as could ostensibly go all night. Don't know how to word this delicately but don't think smell etc would be of concern where campers cook meat. Really sorry. RIP sweet boy. I have a just turned 3 year old so none of this is easy to write.

NR: Sorry if this has been asked. When was the last time someone OTHER than Reinwand, Walton, Mitchell and Kunz saw DeOrr?

RJ: Yeah, and not vague "well, there might have been a child in store" sightings... When was the last time someone definitely saw him in Idaho Falls? The extended family have never said when they last saw him. And did he seem healthy and happy the last time he was seen?

Klein Investigations and Consulting There are none.

Once again, tears are coming into my eyes. WHAT are we reading here? Whatever happened . . . is ghastly. I mean, wasn't the story that Jessica was going around with Deorr the day before they left? Wednesday? I guess that's another story. And how many people are implicated here?

But keep in mind, diesel may be more difficult to ignite but it burns hotter and longer as well, from my understanding.

As one that burns a lot of wood brush and tree limbs I can vouche that Diesel is a much safer fuel to use rather than gasoline because gasoline fumes can ignite around you as you try to light anything that is soaked with gasoline. Old timers typically know to use diesel and there are all sorts of tricks to get something to burn hot with diesel. Like using a leaf blower in conjunction with a 2.5 gallon pump sprayer filled with diesel. The leaf blower shooting air at the same spot that the sprayer is pumping diesel makes a sort of flame thrower that gets very hot. And it is actually fairly safe method when done right and using diesel only.

Anyone that has ever burned any brush knows to avoid gasoline unless you want an accident and you want to end up in hospital or worse. Hmmmmmm. Thinking now.....Could it be the type of accident that may have caused him to perish?

The first and very LAST TIME I will ever pour gas on a pile of wood limbs I lit the fire with a long stick and the next thing I know I was surrounded in flames even though the gas was only poured onto the wood pile. What happened was the fumes from the gasoline is heavy and stays low and fumes began to accumulate all around the wood on the ground and all around me. So when I lit the pile and even though I was 5 feet away, everything went SWOOOOSSSHHHHHH and I ran through flames to clear myself and luckily was not injured. But it was a close call and I felt the heat for sure. Never again.

The absolute safest and BEST method that I now use is regular Charcoal Lighter fluid. Multiple small plastic bottles if necessary. It works wonders and when the fire starts to go down I can fairly safely spray more on the open fire right from the small bottle of charcoal lighter fluid. Just make sure the fire doesn't begin to crawl back up the liquid stream.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/getting-a-green-brush-pile-to-burn.187330/

I don't think they burned him. Horrible to even say. But burning him really wouldn't fit with the 8am to 2:30ish (?) time frame time like that seems they brought him somewhere els

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Personally speaking I am of the opinion there could've been more than one fire...

Yes a nighttime camp fire wouldn't arouse suspicion as could ostensibly go all night. Don't know how to word this delicately but don't think smell etc would be of concern where campers cook meat. Really sorry. RIP sweet boy. I have a just turned 3 year old so none of this is easy to write.

I erased a comment similar to this three times before I opted not to write it, but I definitely agree. Hair would be the only off smell, and I doubt anyone would have been close enough to pinpoint it.

Burning human flesh doesn't smell like a barbecue.

I'm trying to be as inoffensive as possible, but this is an innately offensive/abhorrent topic. When burning a body, you're burning not only the flesh but also the organs, the blood, the hair, everything, and all of that has a pretty distinctive smell. I just can't see them being able to do this without the other campers noticing. Then again, maybe that was one of the additional issues mentioned earlier. Maybe they DID smell something but didn't put two and two together.

Once again, tears are coming into my eyes. WHAT are we reading here? Whatever happened . . . is ghastly. I mean, wasn't the story that Jessica was going around with Deorr the day before they left? Wednesday? I guess that's another story. And how many people are implicated here?

I think he is only answering 'Yeah, and not vague "well, there might have been a child in store" sightings'. I hope...

Jojos are potato wedges fried in the same vat as chicken and usually eaten plain alongside fried chicken, coleslaw, and baked beans.

Yeah, well, we can't complain about the all-carb, junk-food lunch, because little Deorr most likely didn't eat a thing.

Loosely linked to this, here's a aerial view of Leadore. Interesting and relevant IMO to see the size of the town. No doubt everyone knows everyone else there.

attachment.php

Or course everyone knows everyone else. And you can bet your bottom dollar that they also remember every face that passes through the Stage Stop. For instance, there would be no need to jog the clerk's memory if DeOrr was there or not. He's a cute little blond kid and that's all the reminding she would need.

IMO, if they burned him, there's absolutely no way it was at the campsite. The dogs would have hit on it right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82