ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, through all of this I've never really had a theory as to exactly what happened. There was always just something a little bit "off" about this whole thing, but I've never been able to put my finger on it. One thing I know for sure, if whatever happened was truly an accident, then I believe that the parent most definitely would have shown some emotion/remorse even if they chose to cover it up for some unknown reason. That is why I have always believed they had some involvement in his disappearance. There has always been such a stark lack of emotion whenever I see them being interview. My conclusion: they know what happened, and it was certainly no accident.

IMO, if they burned him, there's absolutely no way it was at the campsite. The dogs would have hit on it right away.

The fact that investigators are covering 2 jurisdictions leads me to thin perhaps there were 2 fires/areas of disposal?

Yeah, well, we can't complain about the all-carb, junk-food lunch, because little Deorr most likely didn't eat a thing.

No, I was just posting that because I'd never heard of jojos and had to Google.
WS lesson of the day for me.

How the hell can 4 people cover this up?! The only way it makes sense to me would be if they were all covering for GGP... but just, I dunno, Id kill my hubby, grandad, grandads friend if they did something either accidentally or on purpose to my child. Never in a million years could I imagine lying and backing them up.

Jmo

Burning human flesh doesn't smell like a barbecue.

I'm trying to be as inoffensive as possible, but this is an innately offensive/abhorrent topic. When burning a body, you're burning not only the flesh but also the organs, the blood, the hair, everything, and all of that has a pretty distinctive smell. I just can't see them being able to do this without the other campers noticing. Then again, maybe that was one of the additional issues mentioned earlier. Maybe they DID smell something but didn't put two and two together.

Oh dear Lord, I can't even bear to think this is what happened. But...you're right. No matter where a body is burned, I doubt anyone catching the smell of it would automatically think, "Hmm...smells like someone is burning a body!"
It just wouldn't occur to most people, right?

If Klien's new timeline is 8am-2:26, could the 8 am time be when GGP and IR went
fishing, leaving JM/VK alone with DeOrr at the campground? And possibly... when GGP and IR returned with their caught fish, JM/VK had already left to the store. When JM/VK returned at 1:00 they could've at that time lured IR away, and sit up the fabrication that DeOrr was alive? That would make 8am the last time GGP and IR saw DeOrr alive.

No, I was just posting that because I'd never heard of jojos and had to Google.
WS lesson of the day for me.

But back to the important questions - what species of minnow were they fishing for, and how many did they catch? ;)

I was reading back and didn't find a definitive opinion about the phone calls and I don't want to think about fires anymore.

The first call was 6 minutes before the other two. The 911 call from Jessica, you definitely hear "Vernal" in the background.

So that suggests GGP was the first to call 911, right? Wouldn't he have told JM and VK that he had gotten through and talked to 911?

Oh dear Lord, I can't even bear to think this is what happened. But...you're right. No matter where a body is burned, I doubt anyone catching the smell of it would automatically think, "Hmm...smells like someone is burning a body!"
It just wouldn't occur to most people, right?

Right.... apart from us lot, obvs!

I've just speed read all this. Looking forward to the summary as I'm sure I've missed stuff.

I feel really uneasy though, not sure why but I feel more spooked than I did before...

I'm with you. I can honestly admit this is the first time I've had a sinking feeling in regards to this case.

Or perhaps the crime took place in one jurisdiction and the disposal in another...

I don't think little DeOrr left home alive.

My personal opinion is that the entire camping trip was an elaborately staged distraction and that at the outset perhaps, IR and GGP weren't aware (maybe) - he could quite easily have "slept" the entire trip but all 4 colluded once at the camp site. Or maybe they WERE aware - even more horrific that 4 adults - people who were supposed to love and protect him - well 3 of them anyway - have let him down. Poor, poor little DeOrr. RIP Angel xxxx

But seriously... Let's not all get too freaked out... Klein said "no comment" to a question about fire - that doesn't mean fire was involved. He may have no idea.

Also, a few days ago SB said he hadn't completely lost hope that DeOrr was alive somewhere. Whilst I doubt that he is, SB would not be saying that if they had found a burn site or whatever. Until LE release a statement updating us on the investigation, we don't know how much Klein really knows. He might like to imply that he knows more than he does.

After this Q and A, I sadly do not believe anything that has come from the suspects or the POI's........ I no longer believe Deorr jr. was seen alive at 1:30.
And for Klien to respond , " none of them", rather than no comment says alot, when asked if little Deorr was seen alive by family prior to this trip.

After this Q and A, I sadly do not believe anything that has come from the suspects or the POI's........ I no longer believe Deorr jr. was seen alive at 1:30.
And for Klien to respond , " none of them", rather than no comment says alot, when asked if little Deorr was seen alive by family prior to this trip.

I don't get what he meant. I mean, little DeOrr obviously existed, so someone saw him at some point.

My personal opinion is that the entire camping trip was an elaborately staged distraction and that at the outset perhaps, IR and GGP weren't aware (maybe) - he could quite easily have "slept" the entire trip but all 4 colluded once at the camp site. Or maybe they WERE aware - even more horrific that 4 adults - people who were supposed to love and protect him - well 3 of them anyway - have let him down. Poor, poor little DeOrr. RIP Angel xxxx

That's what I mean. The crime happened maybe at home in Idaho Falls and the disposal up at the campsite. Maybe the trip was planned, or maybe it wasn't.

I really even hate to speculate, but after today's Q&A with Klein, all sorts of ideas are coming into my head.

You really want to know what I think? The ONLY way these 4 adults could be in cahoots together in a cover up is if their was molestation going on. I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE FOR FEELING LIKE I NEED TO SAY THIS, BUT...could the feds be involved because the crime involved a molestation ring and these 4 were involved? It makes me sick even typing that...God, no. :-(

Why would you bother making things so complicated, though. It makes no sense. Why travel so far and involve unnecessary people? It makes it.so much more risky. And why didn't they get their stories straight in advance, if that was the case? If he had already passed before the camping trip, they could have just staged an abduction at home... I woke up and he was gone, or I was distracted in the kitchen and he somehow managed to open the front door and wander off...

I don't get what he meant. I mean, little DeOrr obviously existed, so someone saw him at some point.

Yes! He chose a really odd way to word that answer. Does that mean no one saw him between their house and the campsite? Does that mean no one saw him that week? That month? That would be quite concerning considering they live with VK's father.

Maybe nobody's stories are really believable.

Maybe he's like little Chance. Unseen, hidden, hurting, and nobody really gives a damn enough to call CPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23